How to not show all folders in Album view!?

Search This thread

NisseDILLIGAF

Jul 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have allot of program folders with grafix in them on my phone, and I don't want to scroll thrue all of them when I'm using Camera -> Album...

I know how to add folders to the Ignored list in registry...

HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCAlbum\Ignored\

but I cant get it to work with folders in the 'Storage card'...

Anyone that can help me? :(

'I just want to say BIG thanx to everybody in this forum!! Without you I would be completely lost!'

laser21

Jul 10, 2008
I have the same problem. Plus, I would like to open a picture in HTC album from file explorer, but it always just opens the default album, not the picture I want to open.
Any help is appreciated!

Yeah, I would be lost without the forum as well!

irus

Jun 29, 2007
I have the same problem. Plus, I would like to open a picture in HTC album from file explorer, but it always just opens the default album, not the picture I want to open.
Any help is appreciated!

Yeah, I would be lost without the forum as well!

make a .lnk file with the following:

20#"Windows\htcalbum.exe" -directory:\my documents

if you want another folder just replace my documents with what ever you want

laser21

Jul 10, 2008
I have allot of program folders with grafix in them on my phone, and I don't want to scroll thrue all of them when I'm using Camera -> Album...

I know how to add folders to the Ignored list in registry...

HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCAlbum\Ignored\

but I cant get it to work with folders in the 'Storage card'...

Anyone that can help me? :(

'I just want to say BIG thanx to everybody in this forum!! Without you I would be completely lost!'

The ignore list doesnt work for me :( I put in \internal storage\blabla
but the folder is shown anyway...I tried a soft reset afterwards...

:mad:

DeltaVictorLima

Sep 9, 2008
Hello,
the only solution I'm aware of is to set the 'hidden' attribute on the folders which should not be visible in the HTC-Album.

DeltaVictorLima

Sep 9, 2008
Hello Dave,
yes, you're right.
I used "Total Commander/CE", and tried to set the hidden-attribute on a folder called "Musik", and selected "Recurse subdirs". Then I checked some subfolders an saw that the folders were not marked "hidden" (that does work with "Total Commander 32" on my PCs). But after a reboot, HTC-Album didn't list any of the subfolders inside the "Musik"-folder. So I thought it was enough to mark the top-folder hidden to hide all subfolders, too.
I just checked the folder again and saw that Total-Commander/CE had marked all files 'hidden'.

So it's not as easy as I thought. :mad: