[Q] Firmware upgrade encountered error

Search This thread
Dec 5, 2013
Hi, im new here sorry if posted in wrong section

I tryed rooting my Samsung Galaxy Note

I followed every step and unfortunantly after 40 seconds of pressing start I recieved on Odin a red Fail box
Odin looked like it had finished what it was doing even though it failed, so I pressed exit and disconnected the phone.

when I switched the phone back on I got this message
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again"

So I connected to Kies but the phone wont connect. I tryed the recovery but ive never used Kies before so there was no files to recover.
I tryed firmware and initialisation by putting my model and seriel number in but there was nothing found for Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I dont want to go any further as im not sure what im doing now and ive stopped researching as im nit sure what websites to trust or able to find a correct answer to my issue.

My phones a
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
SM N900
Android Jelly Bean 4.3
United kingdom

(Not sure of other details I cant get into phone to look)
I thought I would come her as my friend recommended the site. I need help on how to make my phone work again.

I can still boot in download mode but I cant connect to computer but I havent tryed to connect to Odin.

ive rooted 5 of my other phones and tablets in the past and never had an issue, so this is new to me :(

Any fix I am happy with weather its a root fix or back to normal fix I just want my phone working again.

I definantly wont be rooting again im worrying my phone wont work at all now

thank you for any help!

Dec 5, 2013
On my screen I have

ODIN MODE (in red)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N9005
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX KERNAL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X0

(In gray)
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV: S2, T2, A2, A2, P2
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable

then theres a pic of a phone, yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and a computer

then underneath the firmware upgrade error.

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Yes enable usb debug

To get away from this situation flash stock firmware

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
Mate. .. Get odin 3.09 and download firmware from sammobile.com. Try with the older firmware versions first like MI6 or something. ... If that don't work. .. Flash MJ7 latest firmware(can't go backwards once you Flash this firmware) and will definitely work

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Mate. .. Get odin 3.09 and download firmware from sammobile.com. Try with the older firmware versions first like MI6 or something. ... If that don't work. .. Flash MJ7 latest firmware(can't go backwards once you Flash this firmware) and will definitely work

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ummm sammobile? Y know that hotfile is down and will never come back online due to DCMA complaints?

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app