[ROM][4.2][12/14/2013] DV-ROM Alpha 0.4 [noCIQ]

Search This thread

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
I've noticed the following issues:

1) The signal indicator in the status bar always shows 1 bar of coverage, even in areas with high coverage as according to the "Network Signal Info" app

2) The new voicemail notification never goes away, even after checking and deleting all messages and rebooting the phone

daryelv

Oct 11, 2007
Vacaville, CA
I've noticed the following issues:

1) The signal indicator in the status bar always shows 1 bar of coverage, even in areas with high coverage as according to the "Network Signal Info" app

2) The new voicemail notification never goes away, even after checking and deleting all messages and rebooting the phone

Not sure what's going on with the signal. It's fluctuating between 3 and 4 bars sitting on my desk here. I've tried with WiFi on and off.

I just called myself and left a voicemail (from another phone) and it clears out. I'm using AT&T's Visual Voicemail though. I'll have to try with the native voicemail as well.

-Daryel

daryelv

Oct 11, 2007
Vacaville, CA
One issue that I did run into was the lack of "Back Button LED" settings in the Settings menu. I override them with Light Flow, but I suspect they're not showing up because of a conflict between a D800 app and the D802 framework.

-Daryel

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
Not sure what's going on with the signal. It's fluctuating between 3 and 4 bars sitting on my desk here. I've tried with WiFi on and off.

I just called myself and left a voicemail (from another phone) and it clears out. I'm using AT&T's Visual Voicemail though. I'll have to try with the native voicemail as well.

-Daryel

Strange. I just did a full wipe (including system) and re-flashed DV-ROM 0.2 with all of the different status bar options in the installer (no sliders, only brightness slider, or stock with all sliders). In all cases, the signal meter is stuck at 1 bar. This is in spite of the fact that I always get near full signal here, which is reflected even now by the meter within the "Network Signal Info" app.

daryelv

Oct 11, 2007
Vacaville, CA
Strange. I just did a full wipe (including system) and re-flashed DV-ROM 0.2 with all of the different status bar options in the installer (no sliders, only brightness slider, or stock with all sliders). In all cases, the signal meter is stuck at 1 bar. This is in spite of the fact that I always get near full signal here, which is reflected even now by the meter within the "Network Signal Info" app.

Here's what I'm seeing when I walked around a few rooms of my house this morning...

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Daryel

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-11-07-15-43.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-11-07-15-43.png
    114 KB · Views: 876
  • Screenshot_2013-12-11-07-16-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-11-07-16-16.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 877
Reactions: Zoide_

Tyie101

Jun 21, 2010
Chestertown
Here's what I'm seeing when I walked around a few rooms of my house this morning...

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Daryel

The issue is on 4g not 4g LTE. I had full LTE also but when I went out I had only 4g and it stayed at 1 bar until I came back into LTE range. Same issue on cleanrom xe but not se. I think it has to do with the 802 base

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

You can check easy by setting your phone to gsm/wcdma auto not lte

daryelv

Oct 11, 2007
Vacaville, CA
The issue is on 4g not 4g LTE. I had full LTE also but when I went out I had only 4g and it stayed at 1 bar until I came back into LTE range. Same issue on cleanrom xe but not se. I think it has to do with the 802 base

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Yeah, AT&T put in a new tower locally and I can't get off LTE very easily. Next time I travel I'll look for it. I've been banging my head with another issue I found in CleanROM XE, the rear LED settings seem to be missing. This is caused by using the D800 LGSettings.apk and the D802 framework. I'm thinking of going back to the D800 framework and working on disabling CIQ rather than trying to merge things together.

-Daryel

WHOIZLUCKY92

Feb 22, 2013
Riverside
Yeah, AT&T put in a new tower locally and I can't get off LTE very easily. Next time I travel I'll look for it. I've been banging my head with another issue I found in CleanROM XE, the rear LED settings seem to be missing. This is caused by using the D800 LGSettings.apk and the D802 framework. I'm thinking of going back to the D800 framework and working on disabling CIQ rather than trying to merge things together.

-Daryel

i fixed the issue with the 1 bar I will PM the files when I get home and upload it also for the back LED i think i know the issue i will see if it works

Reactions: EniGmA1987

OkcThunder

Mar 30, 2013
Daryl I've been using cleanrom se as my go to rom. I changed to yours due to no ciq but went back after the signal issue. Just wanted to know if you planned on implementing the signal fix from lucky and if so would it be possible to add text link. Thanks for all your work.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WHOIZLUCKY92

Feb 22, 2013
Riverside
daryl i've been using cleanrom se as my go to rom. I changed to yours due to no ciq but went back after the signal issue. Just wanted to know if you planned on implementing the signal fix from lucky and if so would it be possible to add text link. Thanks for all your work.

Sent from my lg-d800 using xda premium 4 mobile app

havent sent it yet due to my uploading issues. I will get on it when i get home

daryelv

Oct 11, 2007
Vacaville, CA
Delving into the signal bar fix it's really another instance of the D800 and D802 frameworks/apps conflicting with each other. Right now the fix will replace the AT&T LTE and 4g icons with the International 4G and H icons. I've been seeing what I can do with the fix to get the proper icons showing but the results have not been good. I can force the ROM show the proper icons by switching out the images, but if you were to apply a theme on top you would see the International icons again.

I think it will be better at this time for me to revert back to a D800 based ROM and see what I can do about stripping out the CIQ (or disabling it programatically) pieces.

I'm attaching a file which will change the signal icons to use the International icons (and the signal will report properly). It's just a build.prop edit setting "ro.build.target_operator=OPEN".

-Daryel

Attachments

• signal-fix.zip
    158 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: rcklss1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DV-ROM

This ROM came out because there are things I like about the D800 based ROMs and some things I didn't care for (CIQ). I basically took CleanROM SE 2.0 and CleanROM XE 2.0 and merged them together to create what I liked out of both ROMs.

The goal of this ROM is have stability and original functionality of the D800 stock firmware but without CIQ. Until someone figures out how to strip CIQ out of the D800 stock framework I'll use the framework from an International device.

Orginal threads... Please show Scott some love since he did all the groundwork for me to create this ROM. I don't want or care for any donations, I created this ROM to fit my personal wants and am sharing it.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451592 CleanROM SE 2.0
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2491006 CleanROM XE 2.0

In General...
    Things that I used from CleanRom XE
    • Framework

Things that I used from CleanROM SE
    • Most of the apps

This is a very stock looking ROM. I didn't include any mods such as splitscreen, xposed, etc. I have implemented the same options as Scott has in the Aroma installer (remove sliders, apps, etc.). I figure most of these mods can be applied after installing the ROM using the Xposed framework anyways.

This ROM is really an early early Alpha version. I flashed the ROM using CWM (Philz) and TWRP (2.6.3.3) and it successfully booted from both.

I never had the MMS issue seen with other ROMs myself, but I don't have that many friends with iPhones, so this issue is untested.

Please use this thread for support and questions, please don't bother Scott. This ROM is an independent extension of his work.

Download Link -> http://www.androidfilehost.com/

Disclaimer: As with any ROM that you flash on your device, you are responsible for what you do. This software is provided free of charge with no warranties. Pleas make sure you nandroid and have the knowledge to exit a bootloop and restore prior to flashing. I was able to flash using TWRP and CWM, but nothing is ever guaranteed in this world.

Cheers,
    -Daryel

-Daryel
    Changelog

0.1 - First alpha version
    0.2 - Alpha version - replaced a .APK to add back Battery Manager and Data Manager
    0.3 - Test version that never panned out.
    0.4 - Replaced a few D800 APK files with D802 ones to return back functionality. This also means that "Battery Manager" and "Data Manager" shortcuts won't be in the Application drawer.
    Changed the gps.conf to be North America specific

Bugs

Missing Battery Manager, Data Manager on alpha 0.1. This is in LGSettings.apk. I'll have it updated in 0.2.
    Missing Back LED settings. Caused by a mismatch between D800/D802. Battery Manager and Data Manager will be missing from App Drawer.
    Signal while on HSPA/HSPA+ shows 1 bar (still has a good connection though), shows properly on LTE.
    FAQ

Can I flash this on other devices?
    Be my guest, please nandroid first. Anything you do on your device you're repsonsible for. I won't be responsible for what you do.

Will you make a D802, VS980, etc. ROM?
    It's not in my plans.
    Delving into the signal bar fix it's really another instance of the D800 and D802 frameworks/apps conflicting with each other. Right now the fix will replace the AT&T LTE and 4g icons with the International 4G and H icons. I've been seeing what I can do with the fix to get the proper icons showing but the results have not been good. I can force the ROM show the proper icons by switching out the images, but if you were to apply a theme on top you would see the International icons again.

I think it will be better at this time for me to revert back to a D800 based ROM and see what I can do about stripping out the CIQ (or disabling it programatically) pieces.

I'm attaching a file which will change the signal icons to use the International icons (and the signal will report properly). It's just a build.prop edit setting "ro.build.target_operator=OPEN".

-Daryel