[Q] Micromax A100 Not switching ON

Search This thread

vsrkmurthy

Dec 10, 2013
I have a Micromax A100 mobile which is out of warranty. I tried to update the ICS with Jb 4.1.1 and at that time the mobile got OFF and now I am not able to SWITCH ON the mobile .

I tried with VolDown + Power key at the same time to launch FASTBOOT and so many options like that. The mobile is not ON.

Actually at the time of installation of GRAND ROM V3, downloaded from this site, it got struck, showing the message ""ERROR 7, Installtion Aborted"". I manually operated the options ( dont exactly remember) and tried to REBOOT and then it got OFF and not SWITCHED ON till now for the past 10 days.

When I connect it to PC with USB Cable, it is NOT SHOWN as a device in MY COMPUTER but is showing in Device Manager as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" . What does this mean and what to do to solve this issue.

If you people say it is BRICKED, what is the solution for this ?

How can I get back my phone back in ON condition ?

Thanking you in anticipation for a solution.
Murthy

vish97

Oct 3, 2013
Chennai
I have a Micromax A100 mobile which is out of warranty. I tried to update the ICS with Jb 4.1.1 and at that time the mobile got OFF and now I am not able to SWITCH ON the mobile .

I tried with VolDown + Power key at the same time to launch FASTBOOT and so many options like that. The mobile is not ON.

Actually at the time of installation of GRAND ROM V3, downloaded from this site, it got struck, showing the message ""ERROR 7, Installtion Aborted"". I manually operated the options ( dont exactly remember) and tried to REBOOT and then it got OFF and not SWITCHED ON till now for the past 10 days.

When I connect it to PC with USB Cable, it is NOT SHOWN as a device in MY COMPUTER but is showing in Device Manager as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" . What does this mean and what to do to solve this issue.

If you people say it is BRICKED, what is the solution for this ?

How can I get back my phone back in ON condition ?

Thanking you in anticipation for a solution.
Murthy

Actually Ur fone is a110 or a100 .If u r having a100 and flashed grand v3 rom which is for a110 u have hard bricked the fone :( .Can u enter into the recovery mode ?? Do u have a NANDROID back up ?

mufti.arfan

Feb 2, 2013
Kashmir
You flashed a110 rom on a100? Well then, yes it's partially bricked, since your bootloader is working as per device manager , so you can try to flash stock rom ofA100 on it using a flash tool meant for it.

Sent from my potato chamber using xda app-developers app

vish97

Oct 3, 2013
Chennai
You flashed a110 rom on a100? Well then, yes it's partially bricked, since your bootloader is working as per device manager , so you can try to flash stock rom ofA100 on it using a flash tool meant for it.

Well it may be Hard bricked not Partially bricked :confused: As you told the bootloader wont work as per device layout u cant boot the phone :good:

mufti.arfan

Feb 2, 2013
Kashmir
Well it may be Hard bricked not Partially bricked :confused: As you told the bootloader wont work as per device layout u cant boot the phone :good:

But it's being detected by his pc. He can try doing some work around to flash stock. But chances are very least.

vsrkmurthy

Dec 10, 2013
Micromax A100 Switch ON Problem.

Friends,

Many of you told many options. My issue is unless it is detected by the PC (as a device under my computer), we will not be able to do anything as per me.

The other day I tried to do something using QPST V.2.7.402 and there also, the phone was detected as per the COM2 but capturing is not done and hence there also I was not able to do .

Understood from our forum only about UNBRICK. What does it mean and will there be any use of having it ? Also downloaded EAZY JTAG today morning using the links from our forum. Is it at all useful for me ?

To let all you guys know, the phone has no problem at all prior to this ROM installation. Now, am not able to SWITCH it ON.
As asked by Mr VISH97, I don't have any backup or I am not able to switch on the phone, so where is the point of entering recovery mode ?

As you guys say BRICKED is there any other solution for get back to working ??

mufti.arfan

Feb 2, 2013
Kashmir
Friends,

Many of you told many options. My issue is unless it is detected by the PC (as a device under my computer), we will not be able to do anything as per me.

The other day I tried to do something using QPST V.2.7.402 and there also, the phone was detected as per the COM2 but capturing is not done and hence there also I was not able to do .

Understood from our forum only about UNBRICK. What does it mean and will there be any use of having it ? Also downloaded EAZY JTAG today morning using the links from our forum. Is it at all useful for me ?

To let all you guys know, the phone has no problem at all prior to this ROM installation. Now, am not able to SWITCH it ON.
As asked by Mr VISH97, I don't have any backup or I am not able to switch on the phone, so where is the point of entering recovery mode ?

As you guys say BRICKED is there any other solution for get back to working ??

If the board is bricked, nothing can be done, other than jtag method. Which necessarily doesn't work every time.