[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.3][D2ATT/D2LTE] Omni Rom for all D2s [Multi-window][OpenDelta]

Search This thread

SlothlyDX

May 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Whoa...there's a slimkat in the folder tree...is that for use?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

LOL Anything you guys see in that folder is for use :D As long as it says D2ATT, it's good to go but know all rules apply. They may only be tested by a few ppl, may contain problems, and we are not responsible. :victory:

Edit: We have been having a little fun

Last edited:

tuxattack80

Nov 29, 2012
Covington Kentucky
Awesome work guys!! Loving this ROM! Cool and oh sooo smooth, only bugs I've found are related to active display (proxy sensor stays on when screen is on and pocket mode is a bit buggy still) still works a lot better than many other 4.4.2 Roms out there though. Thanks for the device support! Beer!

fkvx

Dec 28, 2011
Awesome ROM, crazy smooth. The one thing I can't get to work is GMD Gesture Control, which I use for almost everything on my phone... I tried with the given kernel and KToonsez and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

bleedingthru

Jun 1, 2011
I flashed this using the latest twrp and no problems only thing I didn't see was the quick tiles management but xposed and gravity box fixed that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

SlothlyDX

May 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Awesome ROM, crazy smooth. The one thing I can't get to work is GMD Gesture Control, which I use for almost everything on my phone... I tried with the given kernel and KToonsez and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure. Maybe omni needs to add some commits to add the feature.

Crack-Flasher

longjohnsteve

Aug 26, 2012
Rom works great and seems really smooth, great work! Although it seems to be missing some features, such as tile customization, pie controls, halo, etc.. but im sure these are all going to roll out eventually. Great work anyhow!

Nishchhal

Apr 20, 2013
Vancouver
Just downloaded and flashed with no problems. Thanks to everyone who helped make this ROM for our device :D. I'll be messing around/test this ROM for a few days and will update my findings :p. Everything is running nice and smooth since initial flash.

Reactions: SlothlyDX

thatusmguy

Mar 8, 2011
Alabama
Guys, fantastic work so far on the Rom, it's been running nice and smooth since the install. No complaints a of now but am wondering what the possibilities are for two requests:

· Voice+
· Option to rearrange quick tiles

I would be good with both of those. Thanks again, great work! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

SlothlyDX

May 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Guys, fantastic work so far on the Rom, it's been running nice and smooth since the install. No complaints a of now but am wondering what the possibilities are for two requests:

· Voice+
· Option to rearrange quick tiles

I would be good with both of those. Thanks again, great work! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Voice+ you might be able to extract from another rom And put into this one. Just grab the apk and install. Can't tell you if it will work though. The option to rearrange quick tokes can be done through exposed framework or wait till omni incorporates that in.

Crack-Flasher

Asphyxiation

Sep 11, 2011
Not sure if you are happy or wish to choke SlothlyDX and me out.

So happy I could choke the both of you out. ;p
But on a more serious note, if I were to do such a thing, I would have no OmniROM. Ergo, choking you out is a bad decision.

Asphyxiation: to cause to die or lose consciousness by impairing normal breathing, as by gas or other noxious agents; choke; suffocate; smother.
(from Greek α- "without" and σφύξις sphyxis, "heartbeat")

rotaryheadrx7

Nov 18, 2012
Can't believe how well this is running. Been very stable. Looking forward to seeing where this ROM goes. Thanks!! :good:

DexedrineXR

Jun 1, 2013
So happy I could choke the both of you out. ;p
But on a more serious note, if I were to do such a thing, I would have no OmniROM. Ergo, choking you out is a bad decision.

Asphyxiation: to cause to die or lose consciousness by impairing normal breathing, as by gas or other noxious agents; choke; suffocate; smother.

Funny, I used to use the forum name "asphyxiat3d" ;)

Asphyxiation

Sep 11, 2011
Funny, I used to use the forum name "asphyxiat3d" ;)

Very nice. I have used that without the 3 in some cases since someone took this one or something. But I do also like your current forum name. 'Tis very gewd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.3][D2ATT/D2LTE] Omni Rom for all D2s [Multi-window][OpenDelta]

There will now be one unified zip to satisfy all D2 variants (D2LTE).

Please flash this latest zip which incorporates this new build as well as setting you up for the custom opendelta system updates.

- New single unified build for all D2 variants (d2vzw, d2att, etc.).
    - The opendelta system will be used from this zip forward.
    - Thanks to @androidsftw for the help on this one!

Enjoy!

##############################

This is an unofficial build of Omni Rom based on KitKit 4.4.3. There is no official support for the d2 variants. Props to androidsftw for picking apart what was needed for our d2s.

I am not the dev of this rom, all I did was add in necessary device/vendor/d2 files for d2. This is not a port, everything has been built from source.

As with all things root, I am not responsible for anything that happens while flashing this rom. You take responsibility for your actions. Nandroid is your friend.

----------------------------------
    Downloads:

Omni Rom - DroidHype Roms
    GAPPS 4.4.3 - PA 0-day
    SuperSU - Chainfire
    Kernel (optional) - BMS
    Omni Source = http://omnirom.org/source-code/
    ----------------------------------

HOW TO INSTALL
    Installing for the first time?
    Grab the newest full zip from the D2LTE directory.
    For future updates, just go to Settings -> System Updates and let the magic happen.

1. Factory Data reset
    2. Wipe System/Data/Dalvik/Cache
    3. Install ROM zip from Sdcard
    4. Install GAPPS zip from Sdcard
    5. Install SuperSU from Sdcard
    6. Reboot to home screen to confirm good flash
    7. (Optional) Reboot to recovery and flash kernel

TO USE DELTAS, YOU HAVE TO USE TWRP OR PHILZ RECOVERY. CWM WILL NOT WORK BECAUSE IT DISABLES SCRIPTING CAPABILITIES BY DEFAULT. If there's anything that you want the updater to flash automatically after it flashes your update, put the file(s) in the FlashAfterUpdate directory inside your Opendelta folder in your internal storage.

If you run into issues flashing, make sure you are using Latest TWRP or CWM.

Join the BMS G+ Communitywhich will have quicker release info in the future for all things BMS and roms.

Enjoy! :highfive:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Omni Rom, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    SlothlyDX, GideonX
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Omni

Version Information

Created 2013-12-30
    Last Updated 2014-06-16
    Screenshots

ju4e3ute.jpg

jy8a2ezu.jpg
    UPDATE - 2014-02-18

There will now be one unified zip to satisfy all D2 variants (D2LTE).

Please flash this latest zip which incorporates this new build as well as setting you up for the custom opendelta system updates.

D2LTE OmniRom build 2014-02-18 - http://goo.gl/lnfBTo

- New single unified build for all D2 variants (d2vzw, d2att, etc.).
    - Multi-window has been cherry picked back into this one.
    - The opendelta system will be used from this zip forward.
    - Thanks to @androidsftw for the help on this one!

Enjoy!
    Omni is releasing 4.4.3 for all the officially supported roms..

Sent from my kd2att using Tapatalk

Something is uploading right now...

Has this build been submitted for inclusion in the official OmniROM community? It's so well-built and OmniROM is so great. Is there any reason not to? :laugh:

(Apologies if this is a dumb or impertinent question, I don't really know much about this other than that there's a procedure outlined on the official supported devices page of the official website.)

I can probably submit this as a device for Omni, but I have absolutely no desire to maintain or provide builds on a "schedule". I just like doing what I do on my own (if that makes any sense).
    Another Update guys! Check the changelog in the 3rd post. More of what you guys want =)