[Discussion][Omni 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat] Omni ROM ~ Cooper

Search This thread

altayeb hoota

Feb 18, 2014
khartoum
www.th3pro-sd.com
Here the new omnirom build i made from team omniarmv6 sources with the additional Torch fix.

• I also resized the bootanimation to match cooper device resolution (saves 2,1MB space on system)
  • moved Apollo and some other apk's in extras folder (saves ca. 2,5MB more system space)
  • Wifi now works with inbuild Kernel (but i prefer to use MA6 kernel)
  • Torch app is now there (but not yet working) (use Torch fix to fix it)
omni-4.4.2-20140301-cooper-HOMEMADE.zip
md5: 63692f3c9b5c9e2492dbf741f51b9281

Edit:
Torch FIX (flash via recovery)
md5: 12467e342ad430dd5223c5b4e24e67ca
t1.jpg
t2.jpg

Sources
Kernel Sources
Torch fix
Torch fix 2

Forwarded changes and resized bootanimations to team omniarmv6 for review and merge in omniarmv6 sources

how to fix bluetooth bug on omni ?? please

Reactions: Somebod y

ariega

Dec 1, 2011
your heart
Dear mardon

I've try this rom and working as well as i guess
So , now I get the problem bout swap ...
When I start with terminal and want to enabling swap , terminal always says "swapon failed"
If I try on cm11 modded i'm not get the problem about swap .
Can you fixing it soon? Because when i see on menu settings .. I'm not seen "Samsung ArmV6 setting" like on cm11 modded
Need your help soon brada

Thanks for your helping

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
how to fix bluetooth bug on omni ?? please
Just added 2 more flashable fixes in post 40

I can send and recieve files now. But recieve apk files is not working other files work

Send:
bs1.jpg
bs2.jpg

Recieve:
br1.jpg
br2.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Dear mardon

I've try this rom and working as well as i guess
So , now I get the problem bout swap ...
When I start with terminal and want to enabling swap , terminal always says "swapon failed"
If I try on cm11 modded i'm not get the problem about swap .
Can you fixing it soon? Because when i see on menu settings .. I'm not seen "Samsung ArmV6 setting" like on cm11 modded
Need your help soon brada

Thanks for your helping

"Samsung ArmV6 setting" are not yet implemented.
But for playing with some memory management values go to systemsettings ->performance-> (hit the menu button) choose "Toggle Drawer". Here are some settings now you can play with. (dont select "Switch to Tabbed" this will fc the menu and you wont be able to access it again)

Last edited:

altayeb hoota

Feb 18, 2014
khartoum
www.th3pro-sd.com

I can send and recieve files now. But recieve apk files is not working other files work

Send:
bs1.jpg
bs2.jpg

Recieve:
br1.jpg
br2.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

But for playing with some memory management values go to systemsettings ->performance-> (hit the menu button) choose "Toggle Drawer". Here are some settings now you can play with. (dont select "Switch to Tabbed" this will fc the menu and you wont be able to access it again)

ok thanks but your moded cm11 is better than OMNI but still we have some bugs bluetooth dos'n turn on and video record not working
if you have some fix for this bugs give me the flashable files and really BIG thanks for you
you are legend man :)

ariega

Dec 1, 2011
your heart

Send:
bs1.jpg
bs2.jpg

Recieve:
br1.jpg
br2.jpg

Well im already try sir for memory management (work well) ..
And zRam active just also added around 41Mb Ram (too small) when i check on terminal

But i can't swapping on this ROM , please for next build you should adding "Samsung ArmV6 setting" ... Because cooper just having a very very little RAM ..
But so far I proud to you sir ... Keep it up !Cheers!

=========================================================================================================================

for added :
i dont know why , since i using omni rom .. my signal never getting HSDPA , always on 3G
what is it BUG ?

THANKS

Last edited:

mathfr01

Jan 8, 2014
As a result of playing with the omniarmv6 sources i got a TWRP recovery.

I needed to made some changes to get it working on ACE but now its done.

1st release of TWRP 2.6.3.0 for Ace can be fetched here

Thanks Mardon for all of what you do.
I tried the TWRP 2.6.3.0 to flash Omni but I got the blue screen trying to enter into Recovery... So I flashed your fixed CWM 6.0.4.7 and successfully flashed omni-4.4.2-20140301-cooper-HOMEMADE with the 3 fixes you mentionned on Post 40.

Rom looks great and I love it, however, I had to go back because Camera is a daily tool to me. I will keep looking everyday for updates!
Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
New build omni-4.4.2-20140305-cooper-HOMEMADE+

Team omniarmv6 merged torch fix and new resized bootanimation and also made some bluetooth changes.

I now added forcedhighendgfx to enable transparent statusbar without override the low memory flag.
9eta9e2a.jpg

omni-4.4.2-20140305-cooper-HOMEMADE+.zip
md5: ebe172e105f5d3dea47728b28e2549e9

Changes

Sources
Kernel Sources

Last edited:

ariega

Dec 1, 2011
your heart
Team omniarmv6 merged torch fix and new resized bootanimation and also made some bluetooth changes.

I now added forcedhighendgfx to enable transparent statusbar without override the low memory flag.
9eta9e2a.jpg

Changes

Sources
Kernel Sources

added swap ram pleaseeeeeee :crying:

because i read from others device who use OMNIROM , OMNIROM indeed disabling SWAP RAM feature idk why ..

iqbal_mahmuda

Nov 28, 2013

9eta9e2a.jpg

Changes

Sources
Kernel Sources

Camera isn't working, Can I just use your camera app, and lib, from your cm11 modded, Mardon?

Kiran D

Oct 25, 2013
Mumbai
Is this for samsung Galaxy Ace

Hey Hi Mardon,

Your work for Samsung Galaxy Ace is Best.:good:. I Thank You for developing such a nice ROM for our Samsung Galaxy ace. Nice work.

Is this Homemade ROM is upgraded version for Samsung Galaxy ace S5830 & if yes, Is Kernel integrated in the same ROM or we shall flash it separately.

Regards,
Kiran

gcroci

Oct 24, 2011
Rom for ACE

The Rom is working fine.
Keep walking.
Can you add the stock photo apk for next release, please?

zorekh

Aug 1, 2013
Puebla, Angelopolis
[Discussion][Omni 4.4.2 KitKat] Omni ROM ~ Cooper Device

jYa5ENUbNKcxn.png
jbkp8JH3jEHUNf.png

This is the general discussion thread for the upcoming Omni ROM for Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 (Cooper). This is for testing purposes only. It's not yet ready for daily use. If you are a noob/newbie, proceed with caution.

Developers Mardon & AndroidMeda are working on this project as part of omniarmv6 team.

Omni Downloads:-

Build: 2014.03.05
Post#48 omni-4.4.2-20140305-cooper-HOMEMADE+.zip

Build: 2014.03.01
Post#40 omni-4.4.2-20140301-cooper-HOMEMADE.zip

Build: 2014.02.18
omni-4.4.2-20140218-cooper-AUTOTEST.zip

Kernel for Omni:-

MA6 Kernel Cooper

Recovery used for Installation:-

TWRP Recovery [2.6.3.0]

Clockwork Mod Recovery [6.0.4.6]

Want to install it from Clockwork Mod Recovery 5x ? Follow my guide on,
Making CM 11 ROM Compatible with CWM 5.x.

G-Apps for Omni:-

CM 11/Omni Mini G-Apps & CM Account by Mardon

Thanks, great job :good::good::fingers-crossed:

graineeg

Jun 14, 2012
GPS

GPS doesnt work. In location setting gps is on but in Sygic navigation is off

rounak2390

Jan 25, 2014
Indore
Latest Nightly of 10.3.2014 at androidarmv6's download page
but I can't find changelog...can anyone???

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts