Nexus one update 2.2.2 frg83g

Search This thread

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Google promised 2.3 update in few weaks. They failed and to prevent be a liar, they realized 2.2.2 :p

vigorito

Mar 11, 2010
The OTA didnt come on my n1 (tried checking in a few times), has anyone else in the UK got theirs?

I manually applied the 2.2.2 patch.

The baseband reads 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 after the update, is that what everyone else on 2.2.2 has?

Edit: HBOOT now reads 0.35.0017 fyi

Yes my baseband is the same after ota update 2.2.2

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

morfy50

Apr 16, 2010
I still haven't received the update. But I'm going to wait until next week before applying it myself.

I want to see if I ever actually get it.

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
Yes my baseband is the same after ota update 2.2.2

Me too, same baseband after 2.2.2 (manual) update. I wouldn't doubt the updated Hboot and some other stuff is in preparation for Gingerbread. I remember in the past receiving two OTA at the same time, which had to be done in sequence. I believe this is the preparation OTA.

Last edited:

Kimd41

Oct 19, 2010
Weird, I've been doing checkin all day and dont get the updatem, and I have official google ROM. (got FRG83D as soon it was released too)

netzpirat

Feb 14, 2008
I tried to update manually downloading the update and applying in recovery but didn't work because it expected to find the car home app which I deleted :)

If you AmonRa-2.0.0 or better (to be able to install insigned zips) maybe this update.zip will help. I modified the org. zip because i deleted browser.apk, email.apk,.....

My update.zip just doesn`t check it the apps still exist. The rest of the update-script is org. google. Nice is that if the exist check is done (or just faked like in that file) the update starts and updates only existing apps. So if you deleted car home apk it won´t be reinstalled with this update.zip.... ;)

Maybe it could be optimized, but its simple doing what i want an needed: update without the check for existing stock apps ;)

PS: installatio on own risk ;)

Attachments

• update.zip
    551.8 KB · Views: 49
M

matknny

The OTA didnt come on my n1 (tried checking in a few times), has anyone else in the UK got theirs?

I manually applied the 2.2.2 patch.

The baseband reads 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 after the update, is that what everyone else on 2.2.2 has?

Edit: HBOOT now reads 0.35.0017 fyi

One of the first and I live in the UK.

pfmiller

May 24, 2010

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
You're absolutely right. If there was any part of the update such as firmware that needed to be done first in preparation they would just do it as a two part update like they did with FRG83D.
Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. The stock Gingerbread for the N1 will be released when they are "darn good and ready" and not before. There is nothing anyone can do about it...

vigorito

Mar 11, 2010
Strange i receive 2.2.2 on ofw after that i was rooting phone with superoneclick, program itself says that i am rooted after that i was instal rom manager BUT when u install backup&roots program it says denied this program requires root acess???? I have superuser icon in the menu,and i was before "rooting" has installed nexus torch without any problems anyone?

Vasya4

Feb 8, 2009
Strange i receive 2.2.2 on ofw after that i was rooting phone with superoneclick, program itself says that i am rooted after that i was instal rom manager BUT when u install backup&roots program it says denied this program requires root acess???? I have superuser icon in the menu,and i was before "rooting" has installed nexus torch without any problems anyone?

I have the same issue. Looks like they added some extra protection. Gotta wait 'till someone figures it out.

tiltman71

Jul 10, 2008
how do i manually update it
everytime i check for a update, it says it is up to date.
thanks guys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good work Google, this is exactly the update we've all been waiting for you to release! :p
    @vigorito

As long as you don't flash a custom recovery and a custom ROM, you will still receive OTA. However, after the next OTA, you will lose root and you will have to root again.
    Does it include the new Google Maps application?

Thanks

No, not for me anyway still 4.3.1 for me

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    There is a known issue with the stock calendar of event times shifting when travelling accros time zones. GB has introduced a fix to this issue which allows you to enter a time zone for each event. This is the only change in the GB calendar.

Looking at Android source code at android.git.kernel.org, it seems that this new code can run on Froyo, and I wondered whether it is included with 2.2.2. My question comes after inspecting the 2.2.2 .zip file which includes an update to the calendar and the calendar provider apps.

So, users of 2.2.2, have you seen a new Time Zone field option in the Calendar's Event Entry screen?
    I see. No, there is no new TZ field.
    Mine don't. Is there more alternatives to root frg83g?

Are you leaving the phone powered off until it says "waiting for device".

Sent via Tapatalk