Can someone explain xposed to me?

Search This thread

mottyengel

Dec 27, 2011
There's lots of things I'd love to change, such as navbar, quick setting etc, how to I do this with xposed framework? What do I need to install to enable it? And then I just download individual apps on the play store to do different things and they all interact with xposed?

Sorry for the newbiness but i don't fully understand it... I think I used wanam on my note 2 at one point...

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
God damn it. I would love to explain it to you, but I just left my computer, so I'll make this short.

Xposed is a framework that allows you to install and apply individual modules. Let's say that you want the stock notification center. Usually you would have to flash a AOSP ROM to get it, but with Xposed you can simply download a tiny module that does it for you.

To install it, just google "Xposed framework" (there's a XDA thread), download and simply tap "Install" and reboot. That's it. Next you'll want a module or two...or three or whatever. Click "Download" in the app and browse through them. Find anything you like? Click install, enable the module under "Modules" and reboot. Voila!

That's the basics of it. If a module isn't compatible and you end up in a bootloop, boot into recovery and flash the Xposed "revert zip", and it'll remove your modules so you can boot again.

Here are the modules that I'm using right now:

- App Settings (change app DPI)
- Advanced Power Menu (reboot etc. in the power menu)
- Hide Stamina Icon (hides the statusbar icon)
- YouTube AdAway (removes YouTube video ads)
- GravityBox (everything that you can think of)

Well, this post was intended to be much shorter, but yeah :p

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Reactions: blueether

mottyengel

Dec 27, 2011
God damn it. I would love to explain it to you, but I just left my computer, so I'll make this short.

Xposed is a framework that allows you to install and apply individual modules. Let's say that you want the stock notification center. Usually you would have to flash a AOSP ROM to get it, but with Xposed you can simply download a tiny module that does it for you.

To install it, just google "Xposed framework" (there's a XDA thread), download and simply tap "Install" and reboot. That's it. Next you'll want a module or two...or three or whatever. Click "Download" in the app and browse through them. Find anything you like? Click install, enable the module under "Modules" and reboot. Voila!

That's the basics of it. If a module isn't compatible and you end up in a bootloop, boot into recovery and flash the Xposed "revert zip", and it'll remove your modules so you can boot again.

Wow.. Thanks. You really know everything don't you..
So what do you use for quick settings?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.