How do you like your LG?

Search This thread

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
So I am about to start my new job with At&t in 2 weeks which will bring me into a universe I'm not familiar with. I have been on Verizon FOREVER! So my boss told me that my first phone is on the house:) I really like the Note 3 but I'm guessing the bootloader is locked up tight just like it is over on Verizon. So I guess i'm just fishing for info. I think the optimus G pro is what im leaning towards. So if it's not too much trouble let me know what you think about it. Thanks for your input ahead of time!

jokersdad

Jan 30, 2011
Fun phone.

So I am about to start my new job with At&t in 2 weeks which will bring me into a universe I'm not familiar with. I have been on Verizon FOREVER! So my boss told me that my first phone is on the house:) I really like the Note 3 but I'm guessing the bootloader is locked up tight just like it is over on Verizon. So I guess i'm just fishing for info. I think the optimus G pro is what im leaning towards. So if it's not too much trouble let me know what you think about it. Thanks for your input ahead of time!

Fun phone. It's big enough but manageable. Several roms to choose from as you can see.

MrAndroid12

Mar 30, 2011
Auckland
While I don't have a OGP, the only gripe about LG is the slow official software and the custom UI seems overly done but otherwise, I think it a lovely phone.

ocieno

Jul 13, 2010
Note 3 is greater in performance and hardware, so I advice that, well there should be easier ways to unlock bootloader on note3 forum link. Our OGP is good but not enough for 2014 standards(a week away).

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

deadenz

Sep 20, 2008
Hartly, DE
I traded my s4 for a g pro and couldn't be happier. it's a great phone with great battery life on stock and custom roms. also very easy to root and install cwm.

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for all the input guys. Before I became a flashaholic choosing a phone was easy. Now I have consider things like bootloaders and rooting. I don't know if I could ever just use a stock phone again.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: azeem.droid

manganoid

Sep 30, 2011
I have my OGP e988 (Taiwanese) for couple of weeks now. I like the stock rom it has all the value pack stuff already, no real need to root since I'm not sure how to (so many conflicting experiences). The things that bother me though are overheating (not really HOT but warmer than I'd like it to be), plus I don't know how to check the temperatures (only battery temp is shown in apps) and what I really hate so far is the camera - a significant framedrom in dark environment (I dunno if I'm doing something wrong). This is my first Android phone so I'm still a noob (haven't figured out how to wipe the dalvik and other caches). What I LOVE about the phone is the battery, the screen and everything else.

Reactions: jokersdad

azeem.droid

Aug 7, 2011
Thanks for all the input guys. Before I became a flashaholic choosing a phone was easy. Now I have consider things like bootloaders and rooting. I don't know if I could ever just use a stock phone again.

Lol can't agree more. Coming from galaxy nexus initially i did feel a bit uneasy with the Ogpro forum cause every other rom was for a different version of Ogpro(e980,988,986,f240). Lg is crazy i should say.. One international gsm version n one cdma version should be the norm kinda like samsung.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

ahidayat

Mar 15, 2010
Lol can't agree more. Coming from galaxy nexus initially i did feel a bit uneasy with the Ogpro forum cause every other rom was for a different version of Ogpro(e980,988,986,f240). Lg is crazy i should say.. One international gsm version n one cdma version should be the norm kinda like samsung.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

+1. Experienced in getting some failures during flashing the rom which not compatible with my e988.

Sent from my AOSP on LGE-E988 using Tapatalk

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
Did a whole lot of research before buying the OGP, myself. I came from the AT&T LG Optimus G which was converted to a Nexus 4. I was stuck between this, the S4 or waiting for the Note 3. Ultimately, the OGP won, as you can see. After playing with a Note 3 I can safely say that I'm way more than satisfied with my purchase. I noticed no speed increase between the OGP and Note 3 and I run my phone at 1.1GHz. The Note 3 is also waaaaay too bulky. I have big hands and can't even keep a good grip on that thing with 1 hand. No worries with the OGP and texting 1handed is a breeze. We might not have that big of a community but what we have works. As far as failed flashes, I think it depends on what recovery you're using. Had loads of problems until I switched to Madmack's hacked TWRP. Haven't had a problem since and that was months ago.

Sent from my OmniROM 4.4 LG-E980

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did a whole lot of research before buying the OGP, myself. I came from the AT&T LG Optimus G which was converted to a Nexus 4. I was stuck between this, the S4 or waiting for the Note 3. Ultimately, the OGP won, as you can see. After playing with a Note 3 I can safely say that I'm way more than satisfied with my purchase. I noticed no speed increase between the OGP and Note 3 and I run my phone at 1.1GHz. The Note 3 is also waaaaay too bulky. I have big hands and can't even keep a good grip on that thing with 1 hand. No worries with the OGP and texting 1handed is a breeze. We might not have that big of a community but what we have works. As far as failed flashes, I think it depends on what recovery you're using. Had loads of problems until I switched to Madmack's hacked TWRP. Haven't had a problem since and that was months ago.

Sent from my OmniROM 4.4 LG-E980

I have my OGP e988 (Taiwanese) for couple of weeks now. I like the stock rom it has all the value pack stuff already, no real need to root since I'm not sure how to (so many conflicting experiences). The things that bother me though are overheating (not really HOT but warmer than I'd like it to be), plus I don't know how to check the temperatures (only battery temp is shown in apps) and what I really hate so far is the camera - a significant framedrom in dark environment (I dunno if I'm doing something wrong). This is my first Android phone so I'm still a noob (haven't figured out how to wipe the dalvik and other caches). What I LOVE about the phone is the battery, the screen and everything else.