Battery problem

Search This thread

creed342

Feb 3, 2014
Hello guys! My tablet was quickly discharged in waiting mode (near 10%-1hour). All app off. WiFi turned off in ALL settings too. I spent a lot of tests and dont found a problem. In normal mode consumption battery such as is normal (2hour - games, 5hours - video) You are my last chance. I want to believe that it is not defect, because i havent guarantee
now. Firmware - cromix b5 (I tested all firmware - the same battery consumption).
P.s. Sry for bad English, I hope you understand me

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
Did you try the stock from too?
Something could be wrong with your battery, but did you have the drain also when you received the tablet fully stock not unlocked?
You also could try to monitor the real drain with android tuner but I don't know if this tablet is already supported.

Sent from my Asus Infinity TF700 with Dock

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hmm I have done some testing today and it seems the google services I used as well as the google search cause extra battery drain. I lost about 30% in 8 hours being just connected to to wifi and not using the tab. The fix in the short term is to turn wifi off when not using the device.

Let me make a patch to revert to the original Asus versions to see if it stops the drain. Will post it in the CROMi-X thread for testing.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
OK If you are suffering excessive battery drain when sleeping and wifi is on please try this patch. This will revert the Google Services and Google Search App and Libraries back to the default Asus 4.3 versions and then force a redownload of the latest versions to /data when you open up the play store.

My investigations indicate these two apps are causing many wakelocks to keep the device form sleeping properly.

Please flash from recovery - it will auto wipe cache and dalvik cache. Let me know if it helps please.

CROMi-X 6.0 Google Services Patch DOWNLOAD

dfch

Jan 9, 2014
Hello guys! My tablet was quickly discharged in waiting mode (near 10%-1hour). All app off. WiFi turned off in ALL settings too. I spent a lot of tests and dont found a problem. In normal mode consumption battery such as is normal (2hour - games, 5hours - video) You are my last chance. I want to believe that it is not defect, because i havent guarantee
now. Firmware - cromix b5 (I tested all firmware - the same battery consumption).
P.s. Sry for bad English, I hope you understand me

Is it normal to have only 7hrs battery (screen woke up) on this tablet with 2hrs game & 5hrs video ?
In my case it takes around 8 hours to drain all the battery in normal mode (only surfing & using office apps with the dock) and I was wondering if I should send the tablet back to Asus. I did some factory resets and recently a data wipe but it changes nothing.

7hrs without the dock. around 8 - 9hrs with it.

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Is it normal to have only 7hrs battery (screen woke up) on this tablet with 2hrs game & 5hrs video ?
In my case it takes around 8 hours to drain all the battery in normal mode (only surfing & using office apps with the dock) and I was wondering if I should send the tablet back to Asus. I did some factory resets and recently a data wipe but it changes nothing.

7 hrs with screen on is very good! You should be getting 10+ with the dock.

Reactions: dfch

creed342

Feb 3, 2014
problem

sbdags, Thanks for the help but patch not decided my problem. I have this trouble on a stock and cm.
I mean 2 hours games OR 5-6 hours video.
In tests, the main consumer of the battery is the screen but if I turn on WiFi or any application, then it will be the main consumer. Most likely it's a defect.:crying:

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
You could try android tuner 3c or the battery app to check your battery consumption etc.

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
sbdags, Thanks for the help but patch not decided my problem. I have this trouble on a stock and cm.
I mean 2 hours games OR 5-6 hours video.
In tests, the main consumer of the battery is the screen but if I turn on WiFi or any application, then it will be the main consumer. Most likely it's a defect.:crying:

No still sounds about right. You won't get a lot of battery out of intensive gaming - depends on the game. I think you may be expecting too much.

samsonslatebook

Nov 27, 2013

Excuse me if i'm not posting in the good thread. But could you tell me more about how the dock battery works?
Does using dock while none of the two batteries (tablet+dock) are at 100% charge could somehow reduce the autonomy of one of the two batteries?
Can the dock be used as a charger to fully charge the tablet?
Is there any way to know if the tablet is 100% charged without booting? And also for the dock ?

Thank for answering it could really be helpfull because i don't see any q/a talking about this.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Excuse me if i'm not posting in the good thread. But could you tell me more about how the dock battery works?
Does using dock while none of the two batteries (tablet+dock) are at 100% charge could somehow reduce the autonomy of one of the two batteries?
Is there any way to know if the tablet is 100% charged without booting? And also for the dock ?

Thank for answering it could really be helpfull because i don't see any q/a talking about this.

Dock only starts charging the tab if the tab battery drops below 70%. Stops charging at 95% or so.

That's it. Not aware if anyone has figured out how to change the behaviour.

Reactions: pelago

samsonslatebook

Nov 27, 2013
Thank you for that, but if i charge the tablet or thz dock while the batterie is at 70% , is that bad for autonomy? Or should we charge only full cicles ( 15% to 100%?

Envoyé de mon C5303 en utilisant Tapatalk

TrekMD

Aug 9, 2008
Coral Gables
I have noticed the battery issue as well with short battery life but only when I have the Pad connected to a 5GHz WiFi signal. If I use the 2.5GHz the battery lasts a lot more time. The tablet also gets warm with the 5 and not with the 2.5. Has anyone else experienced this?

creed342

Feb 3, 2014
I spent a lot of tests but I cant post screen on forum (need more messages). I post tests theere 4pda. ru/ forum/ index.php?s=&showtopic=144999&view=findpost&p=29293466 (delete space). PLS DONT DELETE MY POST. This is not spam. Its a major russian community.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dock only starts charging the tab if the tab battery drops below 70%. Stops charging at 95% or so.

That's it. Not aware if anyone has figured out how to change the behaviour.