[Q] Bricked Note 2 i605

Search This thread

mzaric

Feb 16, 2010
So I tried to root my Note 2 today. I had rooted it once before using Casual this past summer, but due to circumstances i had to get a new one.The replacement came in today, and i tried to root it with the same methods. I believe my mistake was using Casual while i had 4.3 installed on my device. I'm not TERRIBLY android savvy, but i knew enough to know that if i ****ed up i should stop while i'm ahead and ask you guys.

tl;dr
Long story short, while using Casual to root my Note 2 with 4.3 on it, i got this message
ERROR: Failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence!ERROR: recovery upload failed!ERROR: Failed to send end session packet!waiting for device

waited for a good 30 minutes, nothing was changing, turned off phone and now it's bricked, looping at the "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" Splash screen.

I believe i have to use Odin for something but i could really use some help and reassurance before i continue.
Needless to say i will be jamming f5 on my thread until everything is resolved!

Thanks in advance!

mzaric

Feb 16, 2010
So I tried to root my Note 2 today. I had rooted it once before using Casual this past summer, but due to circumstances i had to get a new one.The replacement came in today, and i tried to root it with the same methods. I believe my mistake was using Casual while i had 4.3 installed on my device. I'm not TERRIBLY android savvy, but i knew enough to know that if i ****ed up i should stop while i'm ahead and ask you guys.

tl;dr
Long story short, while using Casual to root my Note 2 with 4.3 on it, i got this message
ERROR: Failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence!ERROR: recovery upload failed!ERROR: Failed to send end session packet!waiting for device

waited for a good 30 minutes, nothing was changing, turned off phone and now it's bricked, looping at the "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" Splash screen.

I believe i have to use Odin for something but i could really use some help and reassurance before i continue.
Needless to say i will be jamming f5 on my thread until everything is resolved!

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Since i posted this, i tried to flash a stock firmware on Odin (4.1.2 i believe) and it failed halfway through the procedure. with nothing more to be done, i reset my phone, and where before it was just bootlooping, it now shows me an entirely different screen reading "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

Since then i have tried a different firmware file, still 4.1.2, Odin get's to the very end of the procedure, and crashes at what i assume is the reboot portion. Desperately need assistance!

mzaric

Feb 16, 2010
You can't flash anything other than 4.3 if you have the 4.3 bootloader.

OH. That makes a lot of sense....
I will try to flash a 4.3 firmware right now. Will i need some sort of .pit file or something to fix the initial bootloop? Or is that problem just totally blown out of the water at this point?

mzaric

Feb 16, 2010
OH. That makes a lot of sense....
I will try to flash a 4.3 firmware right now. Will i need some sort of .pit file or something to fix the initial bootloop? Or is that problem just totally blown out of the water at this point?

I cant seem to find the file anywhere. Only on terafile via SamMobile, but the download link doesn't seem to work.
What are my options as far as this bootloader go?

mzaric

Feb 16, 2010
YES!
Found the proper 4.3 file, flashed it via Odin. Everything is stock and ready. If anybody wishes to help me root it from here or point me in the right direction that'd be great but other than that, thanks for letting me post here and thanks to those who helped me out!

synapsesboob

May 16, 2013
YES!
Found the proper 4.3 file, flashed it via Odin. Everything is stock and ready. If anybody wishes to help me root it from here or point me in the right direction that'd be great but other than that, thanks for letting me post here and thanks to those who helped me out!

Currently the only way to root your OTA 4.3 Note 2 is to use saferoot, read this thread carefully

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48392009&postcount=1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ElijahGT

Apr 7, 2012
I found myself in the same situation. Where might I find the PIT file? I can't reboot the phone to get the PIT file because it's soft bricked like mzaric's phone was. I'm using Mac OS X so I'm having to use JOdin3 to flash the stock 4.3 firmware back, but without the PIT file I can't continue and I've searched endlessly to find the PIT file. Also a somewhat related question, I heard JOdin isn't good for flashing big files, but I have no alternative, is the stock firmware which is 1.1gb too big to flash?

EDIT: I sadly didn't search hard enough thank you droidstyle for the guide. But my next question is I'm unsure of what version the phone is because when I originally tried to do the CASUAL unlock I believe it was on 4.1.2, but I think it softbricked to begin with because it was 4.3. Should I just try doing the 4.1.2 and if it doesn't take, retry with the 4.3?

Last edited:

roflcoptersoisoi

Mar 4, 2014
If you flashed n7100 firmware you are screwed. If not just Odin back to stock. You were on 4.1.2 if you were unlocked using casual. Don't go to 4.3

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk