[ROM] ICS 4.0.3 With working camera [UPDATE 01.05.2012]

Search This thread

striverdon

Mar 26, 2008
No Data via Network

Tried a handful of ROMS for my htc hero and this one is the most stable by far but I'm unable to get any data service unless its over WIFI.

Has anyone figured out how to get it working? Is there a better ROM?

All is good except this one thing, hope somebody can help me out.

BeatsByMessi

Dec 4, 2011
Dudley
Tried a handful of ROMS for my htc hero and this one is the most stable by far but I'm unable to get any data service unless its over WIFI.

Has anyone figured out how to get it working? Is there a better ROM?

All is good except this one thing, hope somebody can help me out.

I think you have to manually enter the apn to get mobile data

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: striverdon

steve adams

Dec 14, 2011
I'm going to load ICS on my hero this week. Is there provisions to put apps on SD card there?

Sent from my A210 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new version is now out, and it contains some major improvements in terms of performances and speed. It has Las_Venturas 1.0RC3+ kernel packed (thanks @jordfaz), the new camera fix (thanks @stritfajt), the scripts are now up and running (thanks @riemer for the tip), fixed app2sd and cache2cache script, Habarug's modded Phone.apk (disabled the red hang up button), a new Evervolv Toolbox + a superb boot animation (probably the best boot animation I've saw from 2009 till now). It also includes a nice script called 13cpuspeed from where you can set your own values and governor. You can see the values changed in evervolv toolbox under performance tab.

Right now when you flash the zip, the cpu speed is OC'd at: 264-652 smartass V2. I suggest you increase the min value to 352mhz. I've done this to avoid flashing a 'safe' kernel on top of the rom for those heroes that cannot support higher cpu speeds and also it's a safe way to change your values from within the script, no need for 3rd party app.

Why it is improved? Because in v2 and lower, the scripts were lying in init.d but they did not activate on boot thus making them basically useless.

But there is one more script left in init.d that it's not working. This is the *****! '02ramconfig'. This basically sets the internal task killer to higher values giving our hero a little boost in speed. I have tried many ways to force it to start. IT seems that when the boot animation is on, the values are set according to the script, after that, the values turn to normal.

We will investigate this further as we move our focus towards 4.0.5 when the sources are out. But at the time being I will show you other ways to activate the script, so don't delete it:

Keep in mind that you need to do it on every boot. Just choose a way that suits you best and do it every time you reboot your phone.

1. install AMM - auto memory management - from the market, and set it at mild or agressive.

2. If you have android sdk installed on your computer, just make this:
    enter cmd and navigate to your android-sdk\platform-tools
    Connect your device (make sure you have usb debugging enabled from settings).
    Type adb shell and now you should type this command:
    Code:
    echo 1536,3072,4096,21000,23000,25000 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
    after this, to see if the values are set, you can try this:
    Code:
    cat /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
    and if it looks like this; 1536,3072,4096,21000,23000,25000 you are ready to go.

3. If you have 'Root Explorer.apk' you can press on any of the script from init.d (minfree, cpuspeed) and select run as Linux Script Handler -> Execute.
    And the values should fire up. Note: for cpu speeds, do this after you've changed your cpu settings using a text viewer (explorer works also).

I suggest you all guys flash this latest version because includes almost all major fixes and the call drop should be fixed in this. Also, you can install apex launcher for a better performance, you will never regret it. You can enable some cool features that LV Kernel comes packed with (zRam or Kernel samepage merging briefly known as ksm). I suggest play with ksm and see how it goes.

Another nice tweak you can make to increase performance is to limit the processes to only "4" from settings-developer options-background process limit. You can play with this value as well but I suggest leaving it at 4 if you want to be enabled.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what YOU do to your phone...
    You assume all responsibility and risk associated with flashing any ROM. Make a backup!!!

What's Working:
    camera
    touchscreen
    physical & capacitive buttons
    wifi
    gps
    data
    calls
    sms
    mms
    audio, ringtones, notifications, alarms
    microphone
    root
    adb
    sdcard
    usb mass storage
    sensors
    vibration
    trackball navigation, selection, light
    notification / charging LED

Partially Working:]
    Stock ICS gallery app - displays black boxes. must press and drag finger to shows pics
    live wallpapers

Not Working:
    camcorder
    bluetooth
    wifi signal strength icon display
    built-in screenshot feature
    google music app
    Hwa
    you tell me....

Known Bugs:
    - SetupWizard reloads and turns a black screen for a couple of seconds at start up.
    - screen turns black for a couple of seconds when using the gyroscope.

Keep in mind that this is in the early stage of development so not everything will be completely stable or working perfectly.

You flash this ROM at your own risk! Be sure to make a nand backup and do a full wipe before flashing.

Downloads:
    ROM - ICS 4.0.3 v2.1.1
    HeroICS_4.0.3_V.2.1.1_lvkernel1.0RC3_signed

ROM - ICS 4.0.3 v2
    http://www.2shared.com/file/y9H80-YS/hero_ICS_403_v2.html

Lights format all (use it to format boot, cache, data and system)!!
    https://hotfile.com/dl/153710444/c085539/Lights_Format_All.zip.html

If you have trouble with bootloops and freezing of youre phone than try to flash this kernel!!
    Flykernel 13 max 614Mhz
    https://hotfile.com/dl/153728037/28f7ceb/FlyKernel-13-M614-m176.zip.html

No need to flash Gapps, they are included in this build!

Video preview of the ROM: (Thanks to gkillerx)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8zvkA8SQzs

* Recommended Flashing Instructions * *YOU CAN USE CWM OR AMON_RA***
    1 - full wipe: data + cache + dalvik cache
    2 - flash lights format all
    3 - flash the ROM zip
    4 - flash the kernel from above if youre phone does not support cpu settings of 652Mhz
    5 - reboot: the first boot will take awhile
    6 - ensure everything is loaded and settled by letting the screen timeout and waiting a minute or so before waking it up and proceeding
    7 - go through the google setup wizard and then wait another couple mintes to allow the rest of the ROM to load up and any google data to sync
    8 - reboot and allow things to load up again
    9 - everything should now be ready to go

* Tips *
    Enable "Force GPU Rendering" in "Settings - Developer Options" (it helps flinger to be more smooth).

Disable "Report usage and errors" in "Apex Settings - Advanced settings".

Use setcpu.apk or similar overclock app

Use autokiller.apk or similar taskkiller app

In settings->developer options: make sure window & transition animations are off

In settings->language & input->android keyboard: turn off popup/vibrate on keypress

Can open a running apps list by long-pressing the home button & swipe(or long-press) to clear (useful if an app won't open or system slows down to clear out some memory)

Disabling an app is very easy in ICS: either through the manage app screen or by dragging a particular app from the drawer to the "app info" section displayed at the top of the screen, you'll find a button to disable that app

Performance-wise it could be worthwhile to play around with the "background process limit" and "don't keep activities" options in settings->developer options

The ICS launcher makes it simple to create & use folders: just drag one icon on top of another, let go, and they will now be in a folder together which you can name whatever you like.

Apex settings - drawer settings - Disable Show Widgets tab (it helps on app drawer faster open/close).

*Change log*
    ICS 4.0.3 V2.1.1:
    - changed kernel to Las_Venturas 1.0RC3+ (thanks @jordfaz)
    - the new camera fix (thanks @stritfajt)
    - scripts up and running (thanks @riemer for the tip)
    - fixed app2sd and cache2cache script
    - Habarug's modded Phone.apk
    - A new evervolv toolbox
    - changed the boot animation with a beautiful one.
    - added script 13cpuspeed
    - limited the cpu at boot to max 652 mhz/smartassV2.
    - fixed scarry OFFSET error when flashing the new rom!!

ICS 4.0.3 v2
    - Added camera libs (great thanks to stritfajt)
    - Replaced Quickpic with working quickpic

I would like to thank the following people for their dedication and hard work on this ROM:

1ceb0x
    stritfajt
    lost101
    nickholtus
    vanaf

I hope that a dev could help solve the problem with bluetooth
    and the error while searching for other mobile networks. If you like to help send me a PM !!

If you like donate me a beer for my work ;) hit "donate to me"
    dont forget to hit the thanks button ;)
    It's seems that either the video player is broken or / and the video decoder is broken.

I installed MX Player + Codec (ARMv6) and it can play the videos but very slowly (few fps) and with a degraded quality. Something is wrong at the low level part.

The hardware decoding doesn't happen... Does the drivers for that are ok ? How to check ?

the problem is in the egl drivers.

i'm now working on a new 4.0.3 update and i try to make the adreno200 drivers to work.

for now they are working in my test's but not for 100%

I need more time for that and when it's done i will post it in the op :)
    i have already make it work. It has take a lot of time from me!
    there are some big bugs in it but they are beter than the normal drivers.
    the responce is beter the rom feels quicker without tweaks in the build.prop ;)
    the drivers are not hacked the are from Qualcomm.

i will pm you the link

feel free to pm me the link, maybe i'll include them in v2.2 which is starting to take shape today. If it is safe enough I will release it with those drivers, if not, will just leave the default ones.

L.E: v2.2 it comes strong. some modifications have been made. i hope that the minfree values are set on boot for good now, also changed the kernel to startup at 352 - 652mhz. no need for scripts to do those things. I hope it will boot like this :)

l.e2: It looks like the build will not come today. I don't have time to finish it although I'm working on it for some hours now. Will try to finish it 2morrow.
    i have solved the network searching error :)

the error was in libhtc_ril.so!!

@1ceb0x i will send you the right libhtc_ril.so so you can replace it with the currently one.

perhaps that other problems that are interrelated to this one will be solved to ;)
    1ceb0x: I would like to test your rom. Have you managed to get lowmemkiller to work they way you want?

Unfortunately no.

But i have BIG news for you all.
    I'm running now a ported version from our friends over ERIS. Without any scripts, with open gl 1.1, without proper build prop, the rom is fantastic. The screenshot app is fixed, when you turn your phone from portrate to landscape, the black screen is fixed. I can see that this is already a major thing. If I put all the scripts and tweaks in build prop, it will move much faster than 4.0.3.
    Also, Evervolv toolbox just got better, you can now basically change your CPU speed from there, no need for setcpu to do it :)!