[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

Lukapetr

Sep 1, 2013
Trieste
Hi , how can I root my note 2 now that I have 4.4.2 stock with Knox? ? Is it possible? ? Would there be problems with doing that?

yusuf_adsas

Aug 27, 2013
di Bumi Pertiwi
Reactions: Lukapetr

naanireddy

Sep 21, 2013
logo on screen

hi all I have a note purchased recently and it is completely stock, recently I noticed on the left side top of the screen I am seeing "try other miniclip games" something like watermark. I tried factory reset and cleared cache but it is going away can any one help about it.

Chrisfrom1986

Jul 26, 2014
First of all I have searched for hours on end trying to figure out how to get my Note 2 working again. it is an unmodified Sprint Note 2 running 4.4.2. I have never rooted the device or attempted any kind of modification. Apparently the device was attempting a system update and it shut off. It turned itself back on and from there it lost signal and was unable to make calls. Sprint was not helpful at all when I took it to the repair center. They basically told me to go through insurance which for $150 is not worth it for a refurbished Note 2.

I discovered that the phone lost its IMEI, baseband, PRL and all other related nv information. I have tried numerous times to read the phone with NV items reader writer and EFS professional however neither program worked since the phone is not rooted. I really need to get this phone working asap as I have lost many work opportunities due to not being able to receive calls.

I have absolutely no interest in flashing custom roms, modems/radios. I want to keep the phone as close to stock as possible. I dont mind rooting the phone if that will help me restore the IMEI data. Every thread I have read related to losing the IMEI have been related to flashing custom roms and other modifications which is not the case here. I have not tried to use odin yet to restore the phone if possible that way and dont know where I can find official 4.4.2 stock rom. I have tried to use the skipsoft unified toolkit but it seems it does not support the 4.4.2 firmware yet so there is no way for me to install a clean stock rom with that.

If there is anyway for me to recover/replace/restore my IMEI information without flashing a stock rom that is the route I would like to go.

Would rooting the phone and using nv items reader writer tool to edit the IMEI be all that is necessary to work?

Never rooted
Model SPH-L900
Android Version 4.4.2
Kernel Version 3.0.31-1561791
Build Number KOT49H.L900VPUCNE2

Network unknown
mobile network type unknown
Service state out of service
MIN unknown
Prl unknown
MEID unknown
IMEI unknown
ICCID unknown

c8888

May 16, 2010
DN3 v5+ & Stweaks

Hello everyone.
I already have a ROM DN3 v5+ (Ditto Note 3) with original kernel. I'm searching for a kernel which supports Stweaks to take advantage of wolfson DAC and get higher level of the output signal (like Voodoo Sound).
Are there any 4.4.2 kernels which support this feature?

I'm asking because the ROM/kernel list topic have not been updated since months. I found [Kernel] Devil2-2.3.2 [4.3/4.4] - Linaro 4.8.3 - Dualboot - 02/01 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2239453, but i'm not sure if it will work with my current ROM.

version: N7100

Last edited:

c8888

May 16, 2010
this kernel will be good for you http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760203

To know and not to teach is not to know at all. n7100
Dear Ify2gen2, thank you for your reply. In fact I didn't manage to find this kernel.

It turned out that I can use AlsaMixer from Play Store instead of changing the whole kernel. It only requires root. There you can find the option to increase your headphones volume level. It works well, but I don't know how high I can go. The range is 0-63, default set: 50. Just tried 58 and it worked, DAC not damaged :silly: Not so brave to set 63 :laugh:.
When somebody writes something about AlsaMixer there is always a clause: "Use it with caution":p

joemar66

Feb 28, 2014
plus.google.com
from 4.3 to kit Kat

hi guy...i'm ready to install Dr. Ketan V8.1....only few request.
Actually i'm with philz touch 5....for install philz 6.26 like our DOC say, the right way is copy in INT sd card and flash...or I need to use ODIN?
I need to do a nand backup....but from the last recovery or I can use the new?
I have already the right bootloader MJ5....no wanna pass in Kit Kat bootloader... cos still in warranty.
About the normal back up I wanna use Helium....wanna try it but I have the sensation is better reinstall all the app i need.....is a right sensation?
I already have a EFS Backup from 4.1.2.....need to do a new one with Terminal Emulator of 4.3?.....or I let the Rom V8.1 do it...cos inside Aroma this is the function?
Before I wanna Install the phoenix.....but after many.... many week i follow the thread of Dr.Ketan...well....I would like to try.
Already readed all the instruction from his flashing guide.
Thanks for the answer.....

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

hi guy...i'm ready to install Dr. Ketan V8.1....only few request.
Actually i'm with philz touch 5....for install philz 6.26 like our DOC say, the right way is copy in INT sd card and flash...or I need to use ODIN?
I need to do a nand backup....but from the last recovery or I can use the new?
I have already the right bootloader MJ5....no wanna pass in Kit Kat bootloader... cos still in warranty.
About the normal back up I wanna use Helium....wanna try it but I have the sensation is better reinstall all the app i need.....is a right sensation?
I already have a EFS Backup from 4.1.2.....need to do a new one with Terminal Emulator of 4.3?.....or I let the Rom V8.1 do it...cos inside Aroma this is the function?
Before I wanna Install the phoenix.....but after many.... many week i follow the thread of Dr.Ketan...well....I would like to try.
Already readed all the instruction from his flashing guide.
Thanks for the answer.....[/QUOTE

Sorry...first was EXT Sd Card

salata1500

Oct 9, 2011
Hey man. Pls check my profile i had the same problem. I thought it was bricked. What i did finally is put it in download mode connect odin and flash orginal rom.Just check my older thread from about half year ago.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Chrisfrom1986

Jul 26, 2014
First of all I have searched for hours on end trying to figure out how to get my Note 2 working again. it is an unmodified Sprint Note 2 running 4.4.2. I have never rooted the device or attempted any kind of modification. Apparently the device was attempting a system update and it shut off. It turned itself back on and from there it lost signal and was unable to make calls. Sprint was not helpful at all when I took it to the repair center. They basically told me to go through insurance which for $150 is not worth it for a refurbished Note 2.

I discovered that the phone lost its IMEI, baseband, PRL and all other related nv information. I have tried numerous times to read the phone with NV items reader writer and EFS professional however neither program worked since the phone is not rooted. I really need to get this phone working asap as I have lost many work opportunities due to not being able to receive calls.

I have absolutely no interest in flashing custom roms, modems/radios. I want to keep the phone as close to stock as possible. I dont mind rooting the phone if that will help me restore the IMEI data. Every thread I have read related to losing the IMEI have been related to flashing custom roms and other modifications which is not the case here. I have not tried to use odin yet to restore the phone if possible that way and dont know where I can find official 4.4.2 stock rom. I have tried to use the skipsoft unified toolkit but it seems it does not support the 4.4.2 firmware yet so there is no way for me to install a clean stock rom with that.

If there is anyway for me to recover/replace/restore my IMEI information without flashing a stock rom that is the route I would like to go.

Would rooting the phone and using nv items reader writer tool to edit the IMEI be all that is necessary to work?

Never rooted
Model SPH-L900
Android Version 4.4.2
Kernel Version 3.0.31-1561791
Build Number KOT49H.L900VPUCNE2

Network unknown
mobile network type unknown
Service state out of service
MIN unknown
Prl unknown
MEID unknown
IMEI unknown
ICCID unknown

Will flashing stock Sprint 4.4.2 .tar restore my imei?

joemar66

Feb 28, 2014
plus.google.com
hi again to all

I dont received any answer about my request.....ehmmm.....:D
Mithunperfect....singpratic87....nobody here?
Exuse for my poor english.....and for my mistake

mithundperfect

Aug 13, 2013
Agartala
youtube.com
I dont received any answer about my request.....ehmmm.....:D
Mithunperfect....singpratic87....nobody here?
Exuse for my poor english.....and for my mistake
You don't need odin.. just download the philz (.zip file not .tar file) and flash through your existing recovery (though I flashed through twrp without any problem).. take a nandroid before flashing through recovery and for app backup with data you can use titanium backup.. no need to backup efs or you can just copy efs folder with a root browser and paste in a secure place.. if I miss something please ask again..actually your post is too long :p

Reactions: joemar66

joemar66

Feb 28, 2014
plus.google.com
Mithun....before your answer I put Rom manager....and the program install a new recovery...6.0....After with this last recovery I install the philz touch 6.26 i need....but now I have problem in reboot (with long press on/off button I can turn it on) and with 6.26 now if I choose "instal zip from external sd card/1"....anything happen...and return back in first page of recovery....philz touch 6.26 corrupted? Thanks for ur patient....I know I'm a lil long[emoji28]

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
I flash roms on my device without wiping Internal Sd card. Is it necessary to wipe Internal sd card?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

verny94

May 30, 2014
Kladno
www.instagram.com
You don't need odin.. just download the philz (.zip file not .tar file) and flash through your existing recovery (though I flashed through twrp without any problem).. take a nandroid before flashing through recovery and for app backup with data you can use titanium backup.. no need to backup efs or you can just copy efs folder with a root browser and paste in a secure place.. if I miss something please ask again..actually your post is too long :p

Do not use ROM manager and you don´t have any problems ;)
Flash manually via Odin :)

Last edited:

joemar66

Feb 28, 2014
plus.google.com
philz touch 6.26.6 Clockworkmod v6.0.4.8

hello .....already try to flash with ODIN...the flash was ok.....but same problem of before ....from INSTALL ZIP.......CHOOSE ZIP FROM / STORAGE/SDCARD1......after the screen become black ......dont show anything.....and return back in the first screen.....is possible my gt-n7100 dont digest good this recovery......cos with philz 5 of before alwais show the file in the external sd....Not is possible is a problem of SD cos i control.....i can see all the storage.....and is a class 10..or is possible i do some mistake...

thanks guy

joemar66

Feb 28, 2014
plus.google.com
dr.Ketan utility

hi again.....still in trouble becouse the new recovery philz 6.26 can't read my external sd card......I alwais follow....before in dn3 ditto, and now in dr.Ketan V8 thread what the DEV recommend....before flash and after in Aroma.
I dont wanna use again Rom manager.....cos I feel not is perfect.
Wanna ask directly in dr.Ketan thread.....but I dont have the permission to access:(
thanks in advance

mithundperfect

Aug 13, 2013
Agartala
youtube.com
hi again.....still in trouble becouse the new recovery philz 6.26 can't read my external sd card......I alwais follow....before in dn3 ditto, and now in dr.Ketan V8 thread what the DEV recommend....before flash and after in Aroma.
I dont wanna use again Rom manager.....cos I feel not is perfect.
Wanna ask directly in dr.Ketan thread.....but I dont have the permission to access:(
thanks in advance

Why don't you try with twrp..?.. put twrp in your sd card and flash through your existing philz recovery..I flashed both the roms through twrp V2.7.2.0 without any problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"