[MOD][4.4.2]White Samsung Keyboard

Search This thread

gidzdlcrz

Jan 31, 2014
Correct me if im wrong. This is like the old keyboard from 4.3 MJ1 right? I love that. Simple as is should be. Im getting tired of the dark type.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1395517623582.jpg
    1395517623582.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 361

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Correct me if im wrong. This is like the old keyboard from 4.3 MJ1 right? I love that. Simple as is should be. Im getting tired of the dark type.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, just like that one. Read the op well please and enjoy. Come back and tell me what you think

Thomad

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
hey there, still fullscreen on landscape, please some help

It's fullscreen only in apps that want it in fullscreen. Maybe there is a CSC setting for it in your ROM but this is not a mod for the keyboard. It doesn't always works n fullscreen on my mobile..

Just take a look on my gmail for example in the attachment please...

Thomas

Attachments

• NotFullScreeninGmail.png
    NotFullScreeninGmail.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

ANDROIDXFOREVER

Mar 8, 2014
sanremo
MOD][4.4.2]White Samsung Keyboard

great version 1.3a work perfect from my galaxy note 3 kitkat rom stock NB4 tnx :fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-23-11-13-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-23-11-13-08.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 323
Reactions: DaOldMan

leboreiro

Jun 13, 2013
Raccoon City

This is a white Samsung keyboard for KitKat.
It is based on the 4.3 white keyboard that doesn't work on 4.4.2.
I have moded the new 4.4.2 keyboard by using the old 4.3 keyboard as template​

WhiteKeyboardPreview.jpg

Pre-requisites: n9005 updated to 4.4.2 rom with the stock Samsung keyboard (it's posible to try it on a themed keyboard but there are no guarantees). Root & Recovery. 30 spare seconds ;). Also please have another keyboard installed if this mod destroys the keyboard so you can easily recover.
The keyboard should work on all stock deodexed n9005 KitKat roms. It is also true about all custom deodexed KitKat roms that use the stock keyboard. It was tested by several users with the excellent X-Note 8 rom. It was NOT tested on odexed roms and it will probably not work so please beware.

How to: I have prepared a VRTheme script to take care of the mod. All you need to do is install it in the recovery. If something goes wrong there is a backup of the original keyboard on internal Sdcard in the vrtheme-backup directory. I also added the original Samsung keyboard in recovery format below if you need to recover from a bad install.

I hope you will like the keyboard as much as I enjoyed preparing it for you.

Version 1.3a: Complete re-do to fix the button sizes. Left the color change from previous version. Also added the original black extra symbols version

Credits go to VillainROM for their great theming script

would be nice one with a white background instead of the grey one.
your work is great and i thankyou for this. just making a suggestion here! .. a white background will make a more classy and elegant look like ios keyboard

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
I have no idea. Backup the original apk. Install another keyboard in case it doesn't work. Try it. You will have another backup in the sd card in theVrtheme-backup directory.
If it doesn't work try installing the original keyboard from the OP. On top of it use my mod again.

Report please how it went
Thomas

Reactions: Tsuri

gidzdlcrz

Jan 31, 2014
How can i delete the vrtheme-backup folder on my internal storage? As i dont need the darked keyboard anymore. Coz this one rocks! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-03-11-10-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-03-11-10-45.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 538

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
what bug? Hmm? I am using phoenix rom and it has a built in white keyboard. I also use emoji icons there and I can't see anything wrong?

You have them. Sometimes when you push an emoji for some weird reason you see another one in the program you use. No biggie.

Install and enjoy !

Thomas

Reactions: 012512

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is a white Samsung keyboard for KitKat.
    It is based on the 4.3 white keyboard that doesn't work on 4.4.2.
    I have moded the new 4.4.2 keyboard by using the old 4.3 keyboard as template​

WhiteKeyboardPreview.jpg

Pre-requisites: n9005 updated to 4.4.2 rom with the stock Samsung keyboard (it's posible to try it on a themed keyboard but there are no guarantees). Root & Recovery. 30 spare seconds ;). Also please have another keyboard installed if this mod destroys the keyboard so you can easily recover.
    The keyboard should work on all stock deodexed n9005 KitKat roms. It is also true about all custom deodexed KitKat roms that use the stock keyboard. It was tested by several users with the excellent X-Note 8 rom. It was NOT tested on odexed roms and it will probably not work so please beware.

How to: I have prepared a VRTheme script to take care of the mod. All you need to do is install it in the recovery. If something goes wrong there is a backup of the original keyboard on internal Sdcard in the vrtheme-backup directory. I have also added the original Samsung keyboard in recovery format below if you need to recover from a bad install.

I hope you will like the keyboard as much as I enjoyed preparing it for you.

Version 1.3: Complete re-do to fix the button sizes. Left the color change from previous version. Also added an original black extra symbols version - 1.3a

Version 1.4-NF4:New version for people on rom version NF4, NG2 or up. Don't use the old version as Samsung updated the keyboard and the old mod doesn't work. Also added again an original black extra symbols version - 1.4a

Credits go to VillainROM for their great theming script

+111111111111111111111111111111111111111112

If i have this keyboard I'll stop using SwiftKey keyboard immediately.

You boys want this??? There I have it. Come and get it... lol. Compiled nice and dandy... update file tomorrow ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app
    All done. Theme complete. Building update file now... cheers mates!
    Great work, man! Proud to be ypur friend and be able to help from time to time! Keep up the good work!
    Cheers, mate!
    Dax Vaider
    4.4.2 exynos not working. :crying:

Hello... what made you try it???
    It clearly states in my post that it's for 4.3 only...
    Read all previous posts and you'll understand where you went wrong, mate.