[ROM][ICS][UNOFFICIAL] CM9.1 BETA8 for Legend [FIX Camcording] [DEC 7]

Search This thread

homi3kh

Jul 3, 2010
Phnom Penh
www.facebook.com
Soft keys are more responsive than the hardware keys
But screen estate becomes very low

blame our phone for having a 2-3 years old screen that is too small for nowaday, but at least the softkeys is useable, i'm using it and i can't find any bad thing about it now, because my hardware key is dead ;D

Wow..Soft keys are great find and request Zeubea to pin it to first page and keep it as strictly optional only as some users may not like it but other would die to have it...!!

I think only some last pieces of puzzle left are (Ordered by my priority)

1) Movie play and camera recording
2) Some more and better responsiveness compared to CM 7.2
3) ICS players, ICS Face lock ....and other goodies of ICS.
4) Working Flash
5) Stable GPS
.:) ..

thanks, and yes i thinks zeubea should make it an optional somehow :D
and agreed with ur list

thing that bug me most is
- video playing - video recording
- no settings for lockscreen
- no flashlight app, status bar toggle for flashlight, death ray
- include working fm app

but video playing and recording is priority others than that i can live wit it :)

For incoming calls issue, please report:
- using data or wifi,
- if wifi, suspend policy (always, only on charging, never)
- cpu governor (on demand, performance, etc)
- other info related to tweaks or 3th party programs.

I use :
- Wifi: always suspend,
- Cpu Governor: on demand
and I have not got this issue for now.

I think majority of this problem is because they set cpu too high, 768 is enough and very optimal, 787 if u need more. Beyond that u will face that occasional freeze. I use smartassv2 as governor so that freeze doesn't happen here :) also using app2sd/ext script, moving system davikcaches to sd card make phone lag...

Last edited:

Caifan09

Aug 2, 2010
Morelia
I'm also one of the few I guess, that is not having those incoming calls issue. I would like to note is that my cpu is at 787 governor, and like I said before no issues of that kind on my phone.

Reactions: zeubea

and313

Nov 2, 2010
Google Pixel 5
blame our phone for having a 2-3 years old screen that is too small for nowaday, but at least the softkeys is useable, i'm using it and i can't find any bad thing about it now, because my hardware key is dead ;D

thanks, and yes i thinks zeubea should make it an optional somehow :D
and agreed with ur list

thing that bug me most is
- video playing - video recording
- no settings for lockscreen
- no flashlight app, status bar toggle for flashlight, death ray
- include working fm app

but video playing and recording is priority others than that i can live wit it :)

I think majority of this problem is because they set cpu too high, 768 is enough and very optimal, 787 if u need more. Beyond that u will face that occasional freeze. I use smartassv2 as governor so that freeze doesn't happen here :) also using app2sd/ext script, moving system davikcaches to sd card make phone lag...

Too high cpu freuqency is not the problem here. It would also produce other problems and not just that

Sent from my legend using XDA

Reactions: ranger4740

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
Thanks, homi3kh, I tested and works fine. However it is true screen size is decreased, no too much, but because of its small size it is noted. At the moment it is linked in the OP like as optional.

I have rebuilt the camera module again, forcing default preview resolution. Camcorder still is not working, but bar-core reader as NeoReader works now.

Attachments

• camera.legend.so.7z
    6 KB · Views: 99

homi3kh

Jul 3, 2010
Phnom Penh
www.facebook.com
Thanks, homi3kh, I tested and works fine. However it is true screen size is decreased, no too much, but because of its small size it is noted. At the moment it is linked in the OP like as optional.

I have rebuilt the camera module again, forcing default preview resolution. Camcorder still is not working, but bar-core reader as NeoReader works now.

great progress zeubea, comfirmed barcode reader is working i think any barcode scanner work(tested:barcode scanner/google goggle), video calling/chat is still not working, agian still stripes and messup video.

Screenshot:
screen_20120423_0036.png

Screenshot_2012-04-23-00-44-47.png

i think video playing is not fully supported some video work well but other don't, and i noticed that maybe because h264 codec is not working well.

Last edited:

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
Yes, there are issues with codecs, it is also known in other devices., but so far I can play videos.

great progress zeubea, comfirmed barcode reader is working i think any barcode scanner work(tested:barcode scanner/google goggle), video calling/chat is still not working, agian still stripes and messup video.

Screenshot:

i think video playing is not fully supported some video work well but other don't, and i noticed that maybe because h264 codec is not working well.

psyionx

Nov 30, 2010
Kota Kinabalu

Confirm barcode reader working after changing new camera.so

I think what made my non responsive call screen is that I'm running LWP... I take this back if it hung later.

[edit about the barcode reader]
I take back about barcode reader, camera.legend.so made improvement where we get picture renderd properly in barcode reader. but for my case, barcode reader not giving result. its just never ending focusing. same as line app desktop login using line internal qr code reader.. is it just me or you guys get the same thing?

can someone test scan a barcode... I've been scanning the barcode from cigarette box, chipsmore wraper some QR code and many more. my only solution for google goggle is to actually take a picture than feed it in. barcode scanner just do noting.

google goggle can take its own pictures at my side

Last edited:

psyionx

Nov 30, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
zeubea, i've been digging some arm6 devices like what my friends own x8, x10 mini, and aria. are we the first ones to have a working camera compared to other arm6 devices running ics??? showing your ics beta really made them pump up as i took their pictures ^^...

will our new camera.so work on their version of ics?? as i do manage their rom and update whats going around in xda regarding their devices...

in advance "sorry for gone out of topic"...

Last edited:

homi3kh

Jul 3, 2010
Phnom Penh
www.facebook.com
@everyone talking about buttons....please make a separate thread and discuss buttons there...then make them as a zip which will be flashable. that will enable people to use it and keep this thread clean of anything not related to zeubea's rom

oh great and thx i'm wrong, i won't bother anymore when i find something about ICS/CM9, with everything i find i'll just make the little zip and flood the forums. :thumbup:

Reactions: Pors and farukb

ic3141

Mar 23, 2012
Confirm barcode reader working after changing new camera.so

I think what made my non responsive call screen is that I'm running LWP... I take this back if it hung later.

[edit about the barcode reader]
I take back about barcode reader, camera.legend.so made improvement where we get picture renderd properly in barcode reader. but for my case, barcode reader not giving result. its just never ending focusing. same as line app desktop login using line internal qr code reader.. is it just me or you guys get the same thing?

can someone test scan a barcode... I've been scanning the barcode from cigarette box, chipsmore wraper some QR code and many more. my only solution for google goggle is to actually take a picture than feed it in. barcode scanner just do noting.

google goggle can take its own pictures at my side

Tried scanning, doesn't scan. Neither Barcode scanner nor Qreader

daus30

Oct 13, 2008
Was keeping an eye on this thread from the very beginning until the camera is fixed. Thanks to Zueba for this awesome ROM and to psyionx for the guide. Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my Legend using XDA

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Found a bug, in menu/system settings/more/mobile networks/network operators/ when trying to see and select network manually comes up with error.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM9.1 UNOFFICIAL based port for Legend

I have built this CM9 UNOFFICIAL port for my Legend, initially motivated to prove this phone runs ICS. Install it and fun it !!!

DISCLAIMER: This is a rom intended for somehow devs and enthusiasts, in beta development stage and, although rather responsive and stable, it could be not suitable for daily use.

FEATURES

This is the actual working/not working list:

Working (stable):
    1) touchscreen, haptic response
    2) GSM functions (calling, texting, data)
    3) audio,
    4) wifi, wifi strength indicator
    5) bluetooth,
    6) browser, market, gapps (google play, gmail, gmail accounts, etc.. ), and other apps (Tapatalk, Chess Lite, etc.)
    7) lights,
    8) leds,
    9) sensors,
    10) sdcard,
    11) overclock (really not necessary since HWA, it can work at 600MHz; if you do it, not beyond to 787 mhz)
    12) root,
    13) adb,
    14) vibration,
    15) tones, ringtones, notifications, alarms
    16) headphones
    17) Stock Music player,
    18) most of widgets (Bookmarks, Gallery preview, Time and Weather, GMail, etc.)
    19) USB tethering
    20) USB mass storage
    21) FM radio, using spirit FM App and setting for msm7x30 Method (thanks to ranger4740)
    22) trackpad
    23) Wifi tethering with OpenGarden
    24) Hw Acceleration (Stock Gallery, Live Wallpapers, Video, Youtube, Google Maps App, etc.).
    25) GPS
    26) Camera (photos, preview, panoramic, camcording=> with Camera Illusion app)
    27) Youtube HQ / Video HQ.
    Working but not fully
    -
    Not working
    -
    DOWNLOAD & INSTALL

MEDIAFIRE: cm-9.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-BETA8-legend.zip [UPDATED DEC 07]
    MD5SUM: 6819a4747e293cf0fc589b52aa3a15c1

Donate Paypal
    * All donations are welcomed; if you desire it, you can invite me to a beer :)

Thanks very much to everyone, your contrib does possible I spend more time on this project !!
    Prerequisites : hboot >= 1.02.0000

1.- Wipe data/reset factory
    2.- Wipe cache
    3.- Advanced -> wipe dalvik
    4.- Install cm9 (it takes a time)
    5.- Follow the wizard if applicable
    6.- Reboot
    7.- Install gapps

* These steps work for me.
    ** Check the latest available radios for your Location/Carrier
    *** Note gps.conf is set up according Europe location

ISSUES:

Youtube HQ / Video HQ is working, thanks to Ganster41 libstagefright fix for Video decoding. However, embebed videos in browser are shown as a black area

Headset icon missing (although headset works)

Working, but third part app is needed for:
    - wifi sleep (dont use native wifi sleep)

Native camcording is working. Videos are accessibles by means of a file manager.

HBOOT >= 1.02.0000 is needed. If you has got problems with installation and a different HBOOT than 1.02.0000 (0.43.0000, 1.01.0000), consider upgrading HBOOT to 1.02.0000 or S-OFF.

TWEAKS & TRICKS:

- Use "Use wifi in suspension always" + third part wifi timer. Otherwise, native wifi sleep does not work and you could get reboots.
    - Voice Search : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25126525&postcount=651
    - Because AMOLED display, browsing with inverted colors save a lot battery and avoid overheating of display.
    - Camcording works with third part app as Camera Illusion.

CHANGELOG
    Code:
    BETA 8 Dec 7 2012
    - Fix native camcording: removed green zones in native camcording. Videos are accesible by means of a file manager.

BETA 7 Nov 17 2012
    - Superuser App Fixed.MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3zp0s3mryem2hkx"]cm-9.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-BETA7-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED NOV 17]
    MD5SUM: 892fbc647f564b8454a6fa2a0b0ac2fd

BETA 6 Nov 04 2012
    - Youtube HQ  / Video HQ  (thanks to Ganster41).
    - removed CMWallpapers.
    - CM 9.1:
    * lastest updates from upstream.MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?f69b1j75qwyk13h"]cm-9.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-BETA6-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED NOV 04]
    MD5SUM: 4308f4284c92292095cea466ab31da44

BETA 5 Sep 18 2012
    - kernel : 
    * switch to cryptomilk kernel (thanks to cryptomilk : modpunk, droste etc.) : more tested kernel, working ok in aria and marvel.
    - CM 9.1:
    * updates from upstream.MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?0lrs64o4xol9dn6"]cm-9.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-BETA5-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED SEP 18]
    MD5SUM: 72cc55c2aaaa69c5ce3fbf723624a263

BETA 4 Jul 18 2012
    - kernel: added tun.ko module
    - Enable WEBGL in WebKit. 
    - Fix battery.capacity.
    - CM RC2 based:
    * More stuff like wallpapers,etc.
    * More Options,
    * RC2 benefits: more code madurity level, more stable, etc. 
    * Lots of updates from upstream.
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?u7obuh9sso331r0"]cm-9.0.0-RC2-UNOFFICIAL-BETA4-legend.zip[/URL] MD5SUM: 8caba0c3ac5051c1c5ef505e38709e55

BETA 3 Jun 17 2012
    - kernel: revert to GPU mem size to default, keeping on KGSL manageme, more stable, responsive behaviour
    - Camcording working with third part app.
    - CM Team UPSTREAM:
    * Lock screens: calendar, weather
    * New ringtones,  notifications, alarms 
    * Screen on animation => new boot animation with Cid
    * Lots of updates from upstream.
     [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?onqdrfvvntmenpa"]update-cm-9.0.0-BETA3-legend-UNOFFICIAL-legend.zip[/URL] MD5SUM: f8ea05f54779dff802cce9c48562984c
    BETA 2 Jun 4 2012
    - kernel:
    * increase GPU memory, no FCs 
    - build with beta0 librpc 
    - latest upstream Cyanogenmod (up-to-date Jun 3 2012):
    * Apollo Music Player
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i2n248te0s3in2g"]update-cm-9.0.0-BETA2-legend-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip[/URL] MD5SUM: 942c7c562b8e1979cc7db2a33f7797af 

BETA 1  May 17 2012
    - Camcorder and panorama,
    - Data usage limit,
    - OJ wake up,
    - built tiap_drv.ko
    - inverted option for browser,
    - built with USE_OPENGL_RENDERER option
    and fixed a lot of other stuff.
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?22i8um8fbs9n41y"]update-cm-9.0.0-BETA1-legend-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip[/URL] MD5SUM: 993bf99a2776ba5be6836cce6cda53c2

BETA 0  April 18 2012
    - Fixed Camera preview and some broken codecs.
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dcxqeo50d8xkeie"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-BETA0-legend-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip[/URL] MD5SUM: f827390658653fe7cbb9d590f02629e6

ALPHA 5 April 15 2012
    - Camera module built, camera just takes photos (no recording, no preview, etc).[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d66o06616cpj055"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-ALPHA5-legend-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip[/URL] MD5SUM: fd931090e4571f50334386679e388405
    ALPHA 4 April 10 2012
    - GPS fixed.
    Mediafire: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9dzcylmy2o94f29"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-ALPHA4-legend-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip[/URL]    
    MD5SUM: 96e5c7ce2830269bd564e5c63171ae01
    ALPHA 3.0.1 April 6 2012
    - just revert default CPU Freq. to 600Mhz.
    Mediafire :[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s195dyqbbxt7x75"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-ALPHA3.0.1-legend-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip[/URL]   
    MD5SUM: 2356e6b117c2e6ae884dffc831ef56db
    ALPHA 3.0 April 5 2012
    - based on Android 4.0.4.
    - updated kernel 2.6.35, patched for ics adreno200 hwa.
    - full hardware acceleration, working most of apps (Youtube, video, gallery, etc).
    - used former wallpaper, instead default in 4.0.4
    - wifi data usage working.
    Mediafire :[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n7gad9p9744nw24"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-ALPHA3.0-legend-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip[/URL]
    MD5SUM: a6554e0bd4efb5f71f0944ab0b0159bc
    *SPECIFIC ISSUES/BUGS: for some legends it provokes bootlooping during installation. Fixed in 3.0.1.
    ALPHA 2.4 March 30 2012
    - built with Adreno Armv6 drivers. HWA is working?
    Mediafire : [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o8j57ozwp83wjcb"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-Alpha2.4-legend-KANG-signed.zip[/URL]
    MD5SUM: 88b4247bd8366790844bb00aea13d4a3
    ALPHA 2.3 March 28 2012
    - fixed trackpad,
    - fixed broken steady LED green.
    Mediafire : [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3j5v11fg7v4a789"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-Alpha2.3-legend-KANG-signed.zip[/URL]
    MD5SUM: 1f23821758330240cf7947c36e943ea4
    ALPHA 2.2 March 26 2012
    - fixed USB Mass Storage,
    - trackpad works partially, but as a pc mouse,
    - built drivers for hostap for wifi tethering but it doesn not work yet.
    *SPECIFIC ISSUES: steady green LED doesn't appear when battery ends charging 
    - Link: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bntz5onvwvftaac"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-Alpha2.2-legend-KANG-signed.zip[/URL]
    - MD5SUM: b5e70f786c2eb8f408c42520e0119d58
    ALPHA 2.1 March 24 2012 
    - initial release
    - link [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?0o3zaaehdr4f9dx"]zeubea-cm-9.0.0-legend-Alpha2.1-KANG-signed.zip[/URL]  
    MD5SUM: bd7145dec20971f9c405dd53a4098c0b

THANKS TO

google, cyanogenmod, qualcomm, xda-developers forums
    All contributors to this thread in any way.
    Aria thread: munjeni , winsuk, s0be
    modpunk, droste
    rapmv78
    evervolv
    cofface and devil
    Ganster41
    And thanks to donators, too :)

FAQ

1.- Is this rom using the new Adreno200 drivers for ICS?
    Yes. They are used with kernel enabled gpu acceleration since ALPHA3.

2.- What is the status of camera?
    At BETA3 all camera is working (photos, preview, camcording and panoramic). Camcording works with a third part app as Camera Illusion.

3.- Can i connect a usb flash drive to the phone using a usb otg cable?
    USB On The Go is not supported. This feature is supported for a few recent high-end devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S2.

4.- Can performance get better?
    Yes you can try out this tweaks http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25018796&postcount=551. Besides, you can overclocking it with caution.

5.- about GPS
    * flash the latest radio,
    * dont flash another gps libs from out

6.- Is this usable for daily usage?
    Rather yes, it is.

NEW 7.- What about incoming call issue?
    Well, I experimented this issue only one time with beta4 release, and for this reason I did not include this issue in previous release. Then, and motivated for trying out other more tested kernels, I have switched to cryptomilk kernel (credtis to modpunk/cryptomilk/droste), used sucessfully in ohter htc msm7227 devices as marvel, aria, chachacha.
    Hi, I am very busy this weeks and at the moment i can not work in camcoder. It implies debbuging android libstagefright and possibly OpenMax video decoder, because it has got an not informed error when camera records video. I also merged last video related commits of cyanogenmod (thanks to homi3kh for notice me) but it is not enough for doing it working.

The state of camera in other msm7227 devices is equal to Legend, indeed Legend was first msm7227 device having preview, and other devs contact with me about it. If it was for help for fix it, great! About armv7 archs, Desire S and Desire has got camcorder but Nexus One does not. SGS2 and Nexus have got, obviously.

I have planned a to-do list, including:
    - Camcorder,
    - Pending fixes "fixed" (Limit data usage, boot animation size, gb AGPS fix, voice search, wifi/VPN realed settings, etc..),
    - Inverted Apps,
    - OJ Wake up (fixed in my local repo)

This future update will be release in base to when is camcorder fixed, because I intend they are not so important as camcorder.

On the other hand, it is a very good news that CM9 Legend Beta0 has got beyond 2,000 downloads, incredible!, it is also thanks to you, and 7 donations (not bad); thanks very much, your contribs are very appreciated!!).

Well, I will stay off during next two weeks and then I will work at camcorder and I will release an update with minor fixes.

Greets
    Hi, i am here again ...

CM9.1 BETA 5 Sep 18 2012
    - kernel :
    * switch to cryptomilk kernel (thanks to cryptomilk : modpunk, droste etc.) : more tested kernel, working ok in aria and marvel.
    - CM 9.1:
    * updates from upstream.

CM10 ALHPA1 Sep 18 2012
    - Initial Release: very unstable, not working: sdcard and more stuff. Wifi module provokes reboots.

CM9.1 is very stable for now. Cryptomilk kernel is more mature and tested.

CM10 is higly buggy, with stuff not working, but it seems more responsive than ICS. It is just a first Jellybean build.
    Guys, I applied a couple of patches and I have built a camera module which only takes phots, no preview, no recordig, etc. It is a first step.
    Well, good news, finally camera preview worked. However video recording apparently must would be working, but parameters are not setting properly in camera driver by camera HAL module.

Because camera is working partially, I think now is a a good time for starting beta series. I know this camera module is not fully stable and I don´t know when video will be fixed o if this module will be fully stable, but I think we are at a similar level as other CM9 devices.