[NEW] NT CM7 support thread

Search This thread

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I've been using cm7 since it was released and never had charging issue until recently. I tried cm9 for a short time and when I restored cm7 it started this. Would erasing raving cash and starting from scratch help?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

Use a battery calibration app that should help.

The_Joe

Jan 2, 2012
Tacoma, Wa
Use a battery calibration app that should help.

Battery calibration, as I understand, wouldn't relate to this at all. Many say that battery calibration does nothing at all.

I would say that wiping data, cache, davlink cache, then re-installing is your next step. If your still not charging right, then you may have a defective device. Flash back to stock and see its behavior.

Hope this helps!

mraymer77

Dec 26, 2008
16 gb NT won't boot to sd

Hi all, I have had cm 7 running on my 16gb NT since the final release. Recently it will no longer boot to the SD card. This tablet is used by my 10 yr old stepson so i'm not completely sure that he has not removed the card incorrectly however he claims that he has not. He did tell me that he removed it after he noticed that it would not boot anymore but said he did it only after he completely powered it off. I have tried it with it plugged in to the computer, tried holding the power and N button at the same time , and tried just pressing the power button then pressing it again once the N screen shows up. In all instances it shows the first splash screen and then the skate boarding screen then it boots to stock. If anyone has experienced this and knows how to fix it without re-flashing the image i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any help

Solar.Plexus

Jan 29, 2012
Hi all, I have had cm 7 running on my 16gb NT since the final release. Recently it will no longer boot to the SD card. This tablet is used by my 10 yr old stepson so i'm not completely sure that he has not removed the card incorrectly however he claims that he has not. He did tell me that he removed it after he noticed that it would not boot anymore but said he did it only after he completely powered it off. I have tried it with it plugged in to the computer, tried holding the power and N button at the same time , and tried just pressing the power button then pressing it again once the N screen shows up. In all instances it shows the first splash screen and then the skate boarding screen then it boots to stock. If anyone has experienced this and knows how to fix it without re-flashing the image i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any help

Hmmm, if you're seeing the CyanogenMod7 boot screen, then it shoud be booting from the SD card.

mraymer77

Dec 26, 2008
Agreed however.....

Hmmm, if you're seeing the CyanogenMod7 boot screen, then it shoud be booting from the SD card.

Thank you Solar.Plexus for your reply and I agree however, I'm not understanding what could be preventing it from fully booting into cm7. All it does after the second splash screen is boot to stock. Any input is appreciated.

mraymer77

Dec 26, 2008
To add to my previous.....

Kinda wonder if something in the build or whatever controls the boot can be viewed on my PC and edited to fix this ie., mounting the image with the SD card in the PC. If this is possible maybe someone could enlighten me and I'm hoping I'm not being a total noob about this. I'm down to research wherever I need to go to get it done. I'm actually a long time instructions follower of online guides from forums so not completely new to the game just this one :) Won't consider myself a, dare I say "hacker", I just google and follow directions after I read, read, read, then read it again then go slow as not to brick whatever device I'm trying to apply someone else's work to.

Thanks again

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Do you have access to an SD Card reader on a linux system?

Thanks for the reply CelticWebSolutions

I have a bootable linux disc (ubuntu) and or willing to remake one with the right programs if needed. Not real good at linux but ill try most anything. i also have a friend i can call for more guidance if needed as far as navigating through linux, im and old pc user that had recently been kinda learning a bit of linux

CelticWebSolutions

May 25, 2011
Thanks for the reply CelticWebSolutions

I have a bootable linux disc (ubuntu) and or willing to remake one with the right programs if needed. Not real good at linux but ill try most anything. i also have a friend i can call for more guidance if needed as far as navigating through linux, im and old pc user that had recently been kinda learning a bit of linux

Just sent you a Pm, there may be a bit of back and for to get you going but we'll sort it, if you can still get the CM7 boot screen we can get it working again ;)

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
Thank you Solar.Plexus for your reply and I agree however, I'm not understanding what could be preventing it from fully booting into cm7. All it does after the second splash screen is boot to stock. Any input is appreciated.
In my limited experience (~couple of months) with CM7 (off an SD card) I've have had some freshly downloaded and installed apps crashing on initial runs and triggering the NT into spontaneous reboot (running Fix Permission usually eliminates these crashes). And the NT whenever rebooting invariably boots from stock ROM regardless of the cause/trigger of the reboot, even when the tablet is USB-powered/tethered. So I am guessing what might be causing your problem is some process/app on auto-start fatally crashing during the initialization.

mraymer77

Dec 26, 2008
Cant boot nook

install the app 'alogcat' and capture some data about the event.

Thanks old_fart for your suggestion. im willing to try what you suggest however when you say install app im thinking you want me to install to the nook. i cant do that because it wont boot past the first two initial splash screens

patterone

Jun 16, 2011
Kernel logging level

I just got alogcat and it seems a huge amount of kernel logging goes on. Is there any way to quiet this.... a log level setting??

captkrunch

Jan 19, 2012
Florida
Will es file manger install on CM7 sd and let me copy files from my pc to last partition user sd like it does with rooted 1.40 wireless.
All the Best

mraymer77

Dec 26, 2008
no boot still

with the direction of another user i cleared the cache and dalvik-cache and still no joy.

old_fart, not sure if you were asking me about the sd card or not but this is the only one i have for this application and it is a PNY 16 gb class ten.

old_fart

Dec 8, 2011
it never rains here
old_fart, not sure if you were asking me about the sd card or not but this is the only one i have for this application and it is a PNY 16 gb class ten.
only one... ah, darn... its just that some brands/classes of sd cards are very good at 'sequential' thruput, but then stink at 'random'. And you really need the later. This is 'only' my guess that the physical characteristics of the sd card is the problem maker. ( just my guess )

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
Unless there is something on that card you desperately need, I would suggest making a new one using a Sandisk 8GB class 4 card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To use ES File Explorer to edit system files, you need to go to ES File Explorer settings and checked "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System". To edit buid.prop, long press on the file and open it as text in ES Note Editor. Build.prop is in your system folder.

For wifi problem,

Try - edit your build.prop and commented out "wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 20" by "# wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 20".

Not sure if it'll help with the random wifi drop.

While you're there, change "dalvik.vm.heapsize=64m" to "dalvik.vm.heapsize=128m"

Wifi calibration,

Turn off your wifi and open up terminal

# su
    # insmod system/etc/wifi/tiwlan_drv.ko <-only if tiwlan_drv.ko is not loaded, check by lsmod
    # start wlan_loader
    # ifconfig tiwlan0 up
    # wlan_cu -b
    # / w p 1 l 2 f 2 <-there is space between each character
    # / t b v 21
    # / t b t 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    # / q
    # /system/bin/rmmod tiwlan_drv

Now you can turn on your wifi.

For mounting media partition,

Try - edit your build.prop and add, "ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/media" and
    "ro.vold.switchablepair=/mnt/sdcard,/mnt/media".

I don't know if this work, but in my CM7 build it work when you turn on USB storage. It will mount both sdcard and media partitions.

For reading epub with Nook App,

Copy your epub to /sdcard/Nook/MyDocuments and refresh in the app.
    Now that we've released CM7 again for the NT I thought I'd best start up a proper support thread. Pleas keep it as back reports and help.

Please use this thread to post feedback and to ask questions. The Dev thread is for exactly that, development and not support! Please keep the development thread clear of support and feedback posts.

Live support may be available on irc.freenode.net irc channel #nook-tablet-chat, if any of us are around we'll be happy to help but don't bug people if they are busy please. A web version of irc is available here http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=nook-tablet-chat

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    • Any other information we may find useful

Know bugs for Internal version will be in post #2

Known Bugs for SD version will be in post #3

I'm awaiting a Mod cleanup of this thread and all previous bugs up until the new release will be removed from this thread, should knock it back down to about 2 or 3 pages and give me the 2nd and 3rd posts I mention above.
    Bugs / Issues from the SD version

System will reboot if you remove the SD card, this is completely normal and you should not remove the SD while device is running from it.

Market will not work properly after the update unless you install the GApps (follow link in Dev thread)

Wifi sometimes does no reconnect after sleep, simply tap on the status bar to get notification up and toggle wifi off / on and it should reconnect.

There is currently no Reboot to Recovery option in the power menu, you can do this instead by going to rom manager (make sure it's updated via Market / Play)

Mounts aren't working properly due to a typo on 2 lines in build.prop. search this thread for how to fix the issue on SD release

There is still a possible issue with formatting. A member has said that asking the software to format the /media partition totally wiped his entire device completely removing the partition table creating a paperweight. As has been mentioned many times in both thread about CM7, if any formatting needs to be done please do it from a computer and if in the case of the Media partition that's not possible just delete files instead of formatting. Due to the risk involved we have not yet attempted to recreate this issue on our own devices!
    Bugs / Issues from the internal version

Market will not work properly after the update unless you install the GApps (follow link in Dev thread)

Wifi sometimes does no reconnect after sleep, simply tap on the status bar to get notification up and toggle wifi off / on and it should reconnect.

There is currently no Reboot to Recovery option in the power menu, you can do this instead by going to rom manager (make sure it's updated via Market / Play)

Mounts aren't working properly due to a typo on 2 lines in build.prop. update zip to be flashed via CWM available HERE

There is still a possible issue with formatting. A member has said that asking the software to format the /media partition totally wiped his entire device completely removing the partition table creating a paperweight. As has been mentioned many times in both thread about CM7, if any formatting needs to be done please do it from a computer and if in the case of the Media partition that's not possible just delete files instead of formatting. Due to the risk involved we have not yet attempted to recreate this issue on our own devices!
    New internal release version Alpha Final released today 9th March

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format to keep things easy for us

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    Any other information we may find useful