ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.0.4

Search This thread

s0be

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2007
Seattle, WA
I've compiled a recovery.img of ClockworkMod 4.0.0.4 for anyone interested. This is actually git committish 7905c80940acfe796619631e74999202f3dd5394.

Now you're asking yourself if this is worth it: I don't believe so. It does not allow us to root devices that aren't, and it doesn't restore amend functionality. Because I don't know of any value to it, I'm not providing install instructions until there's a good reason to use it

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL RECOVERY, it's not supported, it might cause gnomes to steal your headphones, or the end of the world. You have been warned

I created this for no particular reason other than to test s-off fastboot flashing. Again, I don't know of any benefits of this over any other recovery.

Removed until I can solve the nandroid issues.

I could not get nandroid backup/restore to work for me...

Last edited:

ladios

Oct 24, 2009
Nandroid should be fine, after I've added sd-ext to recovery.fstab.

An easy customization is to put an OC kernel into recovery image. My recovery run at 806 max as default. Note that since offmode-charging (image resources) added, kernel size has become a bit limited. Building the kernel without TUN, CIFS, and WLAN, then it should be small enough to fit in the image.

s0be

Dec 26, 2007
Seattle, WA
Very odd... my cwm restarted every time it tried to backup or restore system. 2.5.x.x works fine. Will have adb access in a couple hours to see what's up.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

s0be

Dec 26, 2007
Seattle, WA
Still stumping me:

Code:
I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
mtd: successfully wrote block at c2a6c00000000
I:Set boot command ""
SD Card space free: 10378MB
Backing up boot image...
Backing up recovery image...
Backing up system...
Starting recovery on Sat Jun 18 20:13:24 2011
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 3 (320 x 480)
ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.0.5
recovery filesystem table
=========================
  0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)
  1 /boot mtd boot (null)
  2 /cache yaffs2 cache (null)
  3 /data yaffs2 userdata (null)
  4 /misc mtd misc (null)
  5 /recovery mtd recovery (null)
  6 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0
  7 /system yaffs2 system (null)
  8 /sd-ext auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (null)

I:Completed outputting fstab.
I:Processing arguments.
mtd: successfully wrote block at c2a6c00000000
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

Anyone have any hints how to get more verbose errors out of CWM?

bkmo

Jun 25, 2008
10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
I just repo synced and built recoveryimage and it was 4.0.0.5. It backed-up with nandroid just fine, but I think it hosed the sd-ext partition as it rebuilt the dalvik cache. My dalvik is on sd-ext. So what is the best working version of 3.X that has offline charging?
Edit: Nevermind, this 2.5.0.7 version seems to be the best recovery I have found for my device. http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=563834&d=1302280803

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've compiled a recovery.img of ClockworkMod 4.0.0.4 for anyone interested. This is actually git committish 7905c80940acfe796619631e74999202f3dd5394.

Now you're asking yourself if this is worth it: I don't believe so. It does not allow us to root devices that aren't, and it doesn't restore amend functionality. Because I don't know of any value to it, I'm not providing install instructions until there's a good reason to use it

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL RECOVERY, it's not supported, it might cause gnomes to steal your headphones, or the end of the world. You have been warned

I created this for no particular reason other than to test s-off fastboot flashing. Again, I don't know of any benefits of this over any other recovery.

Removed until I can solve the nandroid issues.

I could not get nandroid backup/restore to work for me...