[Q] Rooted 4.2.2 Droid Maxx being forced to download Kitkat OTA by Verizon

Search This thread

Clifford8525

Jul 16, 2007
My maxx downloaded kitkat OTA in middle of January, 2014, I kept deferring the installation. Finally, two weeks ago, I rooted my droid maxx 4.2.2. After rooting, I rename the file "otacerts.zip" to "otacerts.zip.bak" and deleted the file "Blur_Version.12.15.15obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.us.zip". I am happy with JB and no OTA installation reminder for two weeks, Last nite, I found my Maxx was doing "Software update". I turn off both Wifi and LTE data to stop the download, then deleted the file "Blur_Version.12.15.15obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.us.zip" in the "cache" folder. However, as soon as I turn on either Wifi or LTE data, my maxx start download again. Anyone know how to disable the forced download. If I were to allow my maxx download the kitkat file, will it auto install without asking for permission? Thanks

ArdW

Jan 8, 2014
My maxx downloaded kitkat OTA in middle of January, 2014, I kept deferring the installation. Finally, two weeks ago, I rooted my droid maxx 4.2.2. After rooting, I rename the file "otacerts.zip" to "otacerts.zip.bak" and deleted the file "Blur_Version.12.15.15obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.us.zip". I am happy with JB and no OTA installation reminder for two weeks, Last nite, I found my Maxx was doing "Software update". I turn off both Wifi and LTE data to stop the download, then deleted the file "Blur_Version.12.15.15obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.us.zip" in the "cache" folder. However, as soon as I turn on either Wifi or LTE data, my maxx start download again. Anyone know how to disable the forced download. If I were to allow my maxx download the kitkat file, will it auto install without asking for permission? Thanks

you need to freeze motorolaOTA and one other update apk. Sorry I haven't the phone in my hands now but it is something like update.apk. Titanium backup will do that for example.

Cheers