How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...

Which type of microUSB charging connection should the new Car Dock have?

• Fixed microUSB position (does not work with cases)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Flexible microUSB "arm" (works with all cases)

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

pyr02k1

Feb 16, 2010
Is there a physical fix for the dock wiggling all over even after it is as tight as it possibly can be? Every time I take my phone out it moves significantly, and I cannot physically torque the nut on the back any more to tighten it.

I added a bit of rubber weatherstripping that I had laying around. Put a 1/8th inch bit of it (one I have is 1 1/8th wide) inside before inserting the ball again. No problems since.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

MikaelPe

Jun 8, 2012
Stony Brook
Lower the spring force on xProDock

Hello everyone. Some customers have expressed that they would like the "latch force" to be a bit less when using the xProDock. As countless reviewers have noted the twin latch holds the phone very good, even when driving a 4x4 or similar. However, we here at iBOLT appreciates that many customers prefer a latch design with "less force". We created this video showing how you can remove one of the two springs and thus lower the spring force by 50%. Let me know how this works... Thanks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuDzjABXU_w

Reactions: stevemacdj

pyo

Jul 28, 2007
DC
Hi,
I was thinking of smart dock mode that few mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42128260&postcount=1001
I rooted the phone, Wanam kernel and in Stweaks i ticked the box "ignore unstable power". Now my charging went to 1700mA with the ibolt cable.
If this is good or note for battery i have no idea, however original wall charger charges with same amperage (afaik and can see with the Current App).

Thanks abusharif,

This worked for me on the latest Persues Kernal. Just unticked "ignore unstable power" and now I get full 1700mA.

jamalkhaffaf

Mar 26, 2013
Guys I am selling my iBolt brand new never opened. Please pm me if u wanna buy it.

I live in San Diego local pick up. 35$

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

MikaelPe

Jun 8, 2012
Stony Brook
Updated video on xPro

All, we just updated our xPro Samsung video today. It gives you a really thorough overview of all the functions. And yes, that's me talking in the beginning. See here. It would be great with some input too. Are long (5 minutes) detailed videos like this good or is it better with a quick 60 second overview?

Universal Dock and Go option

What's up everyone. I upgraded to the Note 3, but I wanted to update this thread because of the great discussion regarding the "perfect" vehicle dock. Many of us were saying how much we'd love a "dock and go" option, where one could mount their phone with one hand, secure it and go.

Well, since the Note 3 has exposed wireless prongs on all versions (unlike the Note 2), I decided to take a chance and purchase a Qi Wireless Charging Car Dock. Shipping was much faster than I anticipated, so I can't even test out the charge rates, but it's much nicer than I anticipated and it comes with multiple mounting solutions (even though, for me, I'm all set as far as base mounting is concerned, due to my Broddit/Proclip).

Here are some pics:

20131029_224319.jpg

20131029_224203.jpg

Once my Qi wireless charging receiver gets delivered, I'll be able to truly test this out. Had to share this with those that were looking for an alternate option. And, for those that haven't done the wireless charging mod on their Note 2, the opening at the bottom of the mount is wide enough to fit a microUSB (or in my case microUSB 3.0) charger.

Here's the link to where I purchased on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FRASK0K/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used to be less than $40 bucks, but there were a few other sellers on Amazon selling the same thing, so one could probably search for different vendors.

Last edited:
Looks good Drex! Nice to see you here ;)

- vectron/twister6

Thanks, twister! There are only certain places I'll post up in here because sometimes the conversations are way over my head, that I just enjoy soaking up the knowledge rather than contributing what little that I can. This discussion thread is enough for me to contribute what was needed.

I wasn't expecting this thing to work as well as it does, but it really does work well. The only thing that makes it a little odd is that the charging pad receiver/insert has issues identifying the qi charging pad. I haven't gotten a chance to test the regular charging pad, but it seems like the Note 3 replacement OEM back cover is much more reliable, as my IT guy and I both tested that and its much better at recognizing wireless charging without having to re-position the phone much. I just don't care for the added bulk that the replacement back cover adds on the Note 3.

I'm hoping to find a wireless charging receiver/insert that will work just as efficiently as the replacement back cover for the Note 3.

Reactions: vectron
Is there a physical fix for the dock wiggling all over even after it is as tight as it possibly can be?
I haven't used it for this device, but for plastic ball mount mirrors (fairing mount for motorcycles) the solution is a few drops of loctite green. It wicks in and makes everything a bit stickier. You could still move the mirrors but they stopped wandering around from being on a rough road or (ahem) going faster than I should.

plainbum

Jun 26, 2011
Chicago - Western suburb
For the third day in a row I've come back out to my car and found mycIBolt laying on the center console of my 2013 Camry. I have stopped using in fear of the IBolt falling, holding my Note2 and cracking the l_c_d screen of my radio. The unit doesn't seem to have any broken parts. Is this situation warranteed?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

plainbum

Jun 26, 2011
Chicago - Western suburb
For the third day in a row I've come back out to my car and found mycIBolt laying on the center console of my 2013 Camry. I have stopped using in fear of the IBolt falling, holding my Note2 and cracking the l_c_d screen of my radio. The unit doesn't seem to have any broken parts. Is this situation warranteed?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Update:
I contacted Ibolt through Amazon and they instructed me to clean off the suction cup with warm water and try it again. I did and it still fell off. I informed them and they sent me out a new mount from the suction cup to the ball. Works great! I DID notice that the lever was much stiffer meaning me think that the problem wasn't the suction cup BUT the lever mechanism was broken.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, we at iBOLT (www.ibolt.co) are working on a "real" car dock for the Note II. As we are finalizing the details it would be great to have feedback and input from this knowledgeable user community. Here's some of the questions where it would be great to have some feedback on: which type of microUSB charging is optimal (fixed position or flexible so it works with cases), car mode (good or not?), wireless charging (does anyone care?), aux-out through microUSB with 9ft cord (too long?). Well, sound off and let us know and we'll read every comment:) Thanks!
    I'm afraid that video confirms to me that you haven't managed to create a dock with one handed operation - you have to use 2 hands tu plug the usb cable in!

There seem to be a lot of one-arm persons in this thread. Don't see what's the big deal of using 2 hands to plug in a cable.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    nice, i was hoping you guys would make one for the note ii.

please have a stiff-necked cup holder version. i find them much more stable and secure. i personally have a mini cooper, and the cup holders are right in front of the console. the usb cable/aux are right behind them, so it's perfect. 9ft is definitely too long, and would just clutter up the car.

as per the connection, consider the samsung infuse route...where it snaps into the bottom of the phone. wireless charging is nice, but i wouldn't pay more than +20 bux for it.

speaking of which, please do portrait mode, not landscape. portrait is way better for navigation.

last and the least, consider changing your company name.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    So being ever curious I wanted to see the mechanism that they designed this with so I popped it apart. If you want to do this also just slide the bottom mounting points upward off the main back that houses the spring loaded top clamp, Once you get that off remove the four screws and you can open the main housing up which is pretty simple really...

While I had it apart I played around with stretching the springs out a bit to loosen things up since I knew I could replace them after seeing them. I started by just removing one spring but that was to loose so I then hyper stretched just one to see how that changed things up but it was still a bit tight... So I finally stretched the other to around the same amount and reassembled and I like the feel much better... The mount still flexes just a bit under the pressure but not near as much as it did before to the extent of causing the ball joint to move.

If you do this be careful as you can easily over stretch the springs... I stretched mine to the point that they still had light tension when closed all the way. Also, be aware that doing this would probably void any warranty this has.
    xProDock for Galaxy Note II ready soon

All, we are overwhelmed here at iBOLT by the level of interest for the new car-dock. Today we received the first production units and we are shipping by the end of December. We will post images and spec by Monday and also a link to where to purchase. It works with all cases and extended batteries. Stay tuned and thank you all for excellent comments and great discussions!