I have the kernel source of this device

Search This thread

berz

Oct 10, 2010
Bangalore
Rom port

Is it possible to have a ROM port for Elife without the kernel sources ??

Since it shares hardware with so many other phones mainly nexus 5 ?

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
Yes it's done. Don't get hurry. I'm trying to get some permissions to share it.this way, I can request more resources from Gionee when we face with a probl.

Nexus 5 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

As XDA's OEM Relations Manager, there are better ways to go about doing this. Feel free to contact me to discuss.

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
Any further updates on this burakgon? Maybe you should contact jerdog and find proper ways to talk to Gionee for more sources.

burakgon

Oct 26, 2010
www.burakgon.com
Any further updates on this burakgon? Maybe you should contact jerdog and find proper ways to talk to Gionee for more sources.

I'm the best person to get sources from Gionee here. I already have the full kernel source. What other sources we need for AOSP porting? Please tell me. I will get it.

Please more patience about this.

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
^^ Sorry, but I'm not a developer so dunno what else do we need exactly. Maybe some of interested devs can contribute to this thread. Glad to see you trying hard to get more information for this though. Can you get information from Gionee on Android kitkat update for E7? I see some of their low-mid range devices getting OTA updates so it's about time E7 should be getting update soon.
https://twitter.com/gioneemobile

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
I'm the best person to get sources from Gionee here. I already have the full kernel source. What other sources we need for AOSP porting? Please tell me. I will get it.

Please more patience about this.

As ive previously PMed you what all we want Ill like to put it over here. We need device tree, vendor files, kernel source with proper patching

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
Ready to help anytime..tell me what to do..i am a computer science student but havent developed kernels or roms..guide me and will help you in every possible way..

You can start here -
http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/introduction-how-an-android-rom-is-built
http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/porting-aosp-roms-using-source-code
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2483143
plus many more you can find at xda and other sources...

Hope you can come up with a good custom ROM which we can use on our Gionee E7 soon. All the best bro:cowboy:

burakgon

Oct 26, 2010
www.burakgon.com
Can you tell us how long we must wait and what you are waiting for? You said you were going to give us the kernel source weeks ago :crying:

No ETA and patience. Just search for some good devs to port cyanogenmod faster and report me the state. Kernel source is already uploaded and private. I will make it public in shortest time.

berz

Oct 10, 2010
Bangalore
No ETA and patience. Just search for some good devs to port cyanogenmod faster and report me the state. Kernel source is already uploaded and private. I will make it public in shortest time.

GTA already said he has really good dev to port CM
All we need is the sources from your side.

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
GTA already said he has really good dev to port CM
All we need is the sources from your side.

yeah true ive contacted few days and they are ready...but if it gets delayed they also will try loosing interest in this project so ive told...if u dont want to make it public PM the link to the devs..i guess gionee wont give u the sharing permissions and btw in ur country gionee sells its product by the name of General mobile and the product name is Discovery elite...if u cant provide the sources rt nw can you provide the stock rom running on the discovery elite u said u have many devices to test so ive asked

burakgon

Oct 26, 2010
www.burakgon.com
yeah true ive contacted few days and they are ready...but if it gets delayed they also will try loosing interest in this project so ive told...if u dont want to make it public PM the link to the devs..i guess gionee wont give u the sharing permissions and btw in ur country gionee sells its product by the name of General mobile and the product name is Discovery elite...if u cant provide the sources rt nw can you provide the stock rom running on the discovery elite u said u have many devices to test so ive asked

I will also share the generalmobile firmware which is more close to stock android. With flash tools.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol by now im pretty sure he's just ****ing around with everyone lol

Yes - and honestly I am about to close this thing up. It's been 45 days since he said

I have the kernel source of this device from Gionee.

If he had it - he should have posted it. He's continued to be a troll and get everyone's hopes up. So yeah - closing this.

@burakgon when you actually do have the kernel source, follow developer standards and release it on github so that all can profit and contribute. And PM me when you have it and I can open this back up.
    I have the kernel source of this device from Gionee. Any people will help me porting cyanogenmod to it :)
    hi guys. We have a project named octacode. This month I will release the sources to work together with my community to port cyanogenmod.

Discovery Elite cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    Hi guys, pushing sources to my github. My internet is very slow. It will be completed in about 10 hours.

Note: I have many devices (E7) to brick. Also I have flash tools and flash packages of stock roms to bring device life after full brick.

I can test anything on my device. Please don't hestitate to asking me about testing something.

ya that is the thing im asking bro as the amigo os which we have is not snappy and ive seen the review of general mobile firmware and found it good

Yes its good