Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL/LT15] [UPDATE 07/01/2013] Flashtool version 0.9.10.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Tip us?

Androxyde
Old
(Last edited by Androxyde; 7th January 2013 at 09:21 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2255

DONATE TO ME
Default [TOOL/LT15] [UPDATE 07/01/2013] Flashtool version 0.9.10.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Hello

Flashtool can be downloaded on the Flashtool Homepage (on Installation tab)

As Flashtool was originally developped for X10, you can find a lot of information on the Original X10 Flashtool thread

Major new feature : Fastboot toolbox for 2011 line devices.

Major update for 0.6.8.0 : Ability to now install CWM from Flashtool on locked bootloader.
Fastboot now works fine under linux

Please post fastboot issues here in this thread

If ever you want to setup an eclipse environment for Flashtool, you can check this thread
The Following 121 Users Say Thank You to Androxyde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UserX10
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Flashtool does not recognize the decrypted FW.

I downloaded the decryptd FW for the Arc - extracted the files and copied it to the firmware folder of the flashtool (with Folder inside and without folder inside (.sin files directly to "firmware" folder)).
Started flashtool, pushed Flash, but no FW is available. Maybe I have to convert the .sin files in one .ftf file, but how?
The Following User Says Thank You to UserX10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jozinek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1928

DONATE TO ME
I try on my XPERIA Arc and root is not working. All seem to be ok, but after restart no superuser and no root.

Blomkungen
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Good initiative
Will follow this thread closely and hope for it being completely rooted before release

Androxyde
Old
Thanks Meter 2255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserX10 View Post
Flashtool does not recognize the decrypted FW.

I downloaded the decryptd FW for the Arc - extracted the files and copied it to the firmware folder of the flashtool (with Folder inside and without folder inside (.sin files directly to "firmware" folder)).
Started flashtool, pushed Flash, but no FW is available. Maybe I have to convert the .sin files in one .ftf file, but how?
To create ftf file from your sin files, use the Advanced->Bundle creation wizard
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Androxyde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Androxyde
Old
Thanks Meter 2255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozinek View Post
I try on my XPERIA Arc and root is not working. All seem to be ok, but after restart no superuser and no root.

Can you set the flashtool to debug mode ? (Help->Log Level->Debug) and try again, then send me the log file ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Androxyde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jozinek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1928

DONATE TO ME
Default Log

yes, i can. Log file in attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (13.0 KB, 1100 views)

Ambroos
Old
Thanks Meter 904
I'm not an expert, but from that log it looks like it'll be a while before the new phones are rooted, looks like they can't be rooted in the same way as the previous SE Droids!

Androxyde
Old
Thanks Meter 2255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozinek View Post
yes, i can. Log file in attachment.
Thanks

Actually yes, the exploit does not work on Arc device :
20/059/2011 15:59:24 - DEBUG - stdout :Failed to set prot mask (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

I will follow superoneclick developpment (the exploit is extracted from this project) :)

To be continued ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Androxyde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jozinek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1928

DONATE TO ME
Default thanks

if there will be something new, PM me please, i will test it