Originally Posted by grandebob
Had to roll back to Nightly 136 after running 157 for a day on my Evo Shift. Here were some issues:
- Gmail wouldn't sync (neither gmail or my apps account would sync over 3g or wifi, either automatically or when manually trying to fetch mail.)
- Battery life was much worse then normal. (phone was consistently warm)
- Reconnecting a paired bluetooth device prompted for authorization, even though it was previously paired.
- WiFi signal strength was poor. 3 bars on 136 v 1 bar on 157.
- Data connection seemed inconsistent. (This may have just been a perception based on my gmail not syncing but the web browser working)
Thanks for the work you guys do, let me know if you need any further information or logs or something.
Had zero of these issues on 157. On nightlies lately my battery life has been better than ever but I think this is largely due to not charging so much and only charging when I get down to 1%. There's something else going on with your Shift, I ran 157 on stock kernel with the max to 1.5ghz and had no overheating at all.
Bars don't really mean anything, check your dBm. And Sprint's network is all sorts of inconsistant, chances are much higher that it's a Sprint issue rather than CM7.
(And of course Gmail syncs just fine for me)
Don't use bluetooth so can't verify that issue.
^ Shift Faced