[INFO] Unofficial Cyanogen Mod 7 Nightly Thread

OP riggsandroid

10th August 2011, 10:11 PM   |  #841  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 9

134 posts
More
I need a good colonel to run with 151 (haven't flashed in 2 weeks). Suggestions or go with stock?

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App
10th August 2011, 11:51 PM   |  #842  
Thanks Meter: 350

1,841 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedman67

I need a good colonel to run with 151 (haven't flashed in 2 weeks). Suggestions or go with stock?

wut?

J/k

I have been using scary's kernels on my aosp roms and they have been great.
Last edited by Evo_Shift; 10th August 2011 at 11:53 PM.
11th August 2011, 02:52 AM   |  #843  
Thanks Meter: 1,038

3,022 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedman67

On the latest nighties I've been staying on Toast's stock kernel with the max bumped up to 1.5ghz. It seems crazy but I'd swear I'm getting better battery life than stock max. For a while I was using Tiamet and liked it a lot but haven't tried it on any nightlies since 141.

^ Shift Faced
11th August 2011, 05:20 AM   |  #844  
Thanks Meter: 217

1,178 posts
hehe, i've self-appointed myself to be that douche that corrects people's spelling whenever someone says "kernal"...but that one's actually pretty funny

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
11th August 2011, 08:23 AM   |  #845  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 475

1,686 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just completely wiped everything and flashed latest nightly. Will report results tomorrow.
11th August 2011, 04:25 PM   |  #846  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 9

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift

wut?

http://tapatalk.com/mu/42297e36-0b69-45a9.jpg

J/k

I have been using scary's kernels on my aosp roms and they have been great.

Hehe, just like being weird from time to time
12th August 2011, 04:08 PM   |  #847  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
More
Had to roll back to Nightly 136 after running 157 for a day on my Evo Shift. Here were some issues:
  • Gmail wouldn't sync (neither gmail or my apps account would sync over 3g or wifi, either automatically or when manually trying to fetch mail.)
  • Battery life was much worse then normal. (phone was consistently warm)
  • Reconnecting a paired bluetooth device prompted for authorization, even though it was previously paired.
  • WiFi signal strength was poor. 3 bars on 136 v 1 bar on 157.
  • Data connection seemed inconsistent. (This may have just been a perception based on my gmail not syncing but the web browser working)

Thanks for the work you guys do, let me know if you need any further information or logs or something.
12th August 2011, 05:42 PM   |  #848  
Flag In my house !!!!
Thanks Meter: 86

3,001 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandebob

Had to roll back to Nightly 136 after running 157 for a day on my Evo Shift. Here were some issues:

• Gmail wouldn't sync (neither gmail or my apps account would sync over 3g or wifi, either automatically or when manually trying to fetch mail.)
  • Reconnecting a paired bluetooth device prompted for authorization, even though it was previously paired.
  • Data connection seemed inconsistent. (This may have just been a perception based on my gmail not syncing but the web browser working)

Thanks for the work you guys do, let me know if you need any further information or logs or something.

Thank you for this info, this will surly be helpful to others.
12th August 2011, 05:55 PM   |  #849  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 305

1,090 posts
More
Quote:

Well, based on my experience I would disagree with all of them (on my phone, all phones slightly different) except I do have 3G 4G signal issues... Other than that the rom is steady for me. And google navigation Still fc but this is an ongoing issue for me

Sent from my HTC EVO shift 4G running the latest and greatest cyanogen using the XDA premium app
12th August 2011, 06:23 PM   |  #850  
Thanks Meter: 1,038

3,022 posts
More
Quote:

Had zero of these issues on 157. On nightlies lately my battery life has been better than ever but I think this is largely due to not charging so much and only charging when I get down to 1%. There's something else going on with your Shift, I ran 157 on stock kernel with the max to 1.5ghz and had no overheating at all.

Bars don't really mean anything, check your dBm. And Sprint's network is all sorts of inconsistant, chances are much higher that it's a Sprint issue rather than CM7.

(And of course Gmail syncs just fine for me)

Don't use bluetooth so can't verify that issue.

^ Shift Faced

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, cyanogen 7.0, faq, nightly
Previous Thread Next Thread