Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Rock Steady / CM7 (GingerSense) (5-1-11)

Tip us?

Sippi4x4man
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Is this real "HTC Sense" integrated with gingerbread, or is it just a "Sense theme" for gingerbread? I assume by looking at the rom size that it is just a theme. I really like the sense widgets: calendar, messaging,email, etc, but I assume that if it is just a sense theme then those widgets will not be available? I will still download and give it a whirl. Thank you for your hard work!
HTC One
Liquid 4.4.2

-Retired-
Samsung Galaxy Showcase
Motorola Milestone X2
Motorola Milestone X
HTC Hero CDMA

Team C Spire
C Spire HTC One Files/Tools
Stock C Spire ROM DUMP

jasonmaloney
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippi4x4man View Post
Is this real "HTC Sense" integrated with gingerbread, or is it just a "Sense theme" for gingerbread? I assume by looking at the rom size that it is just a theme. I really like the sense widgets: calendar, messaging,email, etc, but I assume that if it is just a sense theme then those widgets will not be available? I will still download and give it a whirl. Thank you for your hard work!
It's probably just the themed ADWLauncher and warez version of Fancy Widget that have been floating around.

Sippi4x4man
Old
(Last edited by Sippi4x4man; 22nd March 2011 at 06:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmaloney View Post
It's probably just the themed ADWLauncher and warez version of Fancy Widget that have been floating around.
Thats what I was thinking. Without the sense widgets, I'll just go back to launcher pro plus, the sense theme doesn't me do me much good in that regards. Other than that the rom looks pretty solid
HTC One
Liquid 4.4.2

-Retired-
Samsung Galaxy Showcase
Motorola Milestone X2
Motorola Milestone X
HTC Hero CDMA

Team C Spire
Stock C Spire ROM DUMP
AspenTree Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Yeah its just a theme and fancy widget is warez?!?! Since when???
AspenTree Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Thats what I was thinking. Without the sense widgets, I'll just go back to launcher pro plus, the sense theme doesn't me do me much good in that regards. Other than that the rom looks pretty solid
Widgets ....I'm on it will be a while to work on port

Sippi4x4man
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by kifno View Post
Widgets ....I'm on it will be a while to work on port
I know that most folks that use Froyo or Gingerbread think that Sense is a dirty word, for some reason I always find myself going back to a sense rom after being on froyo or gingerbread for a while. I really like the interface and widgets. Thank you again for your hardwork
HTC One
Liquid 4.4.2

-Retired-
Samsung Galaxy Showcase
Motorola Milestone X2
Motorola Milestone X
HTC Hero CDMA

Team C Spire
Stock C Spire ROM DUMP

jasonmaloney
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kifno View Post
Yeah its just a theme and fancy widget is warez?!?! Since when???
Fancy Widget is not warez. The oudated version that you've included here (the one that you've likely included without license from the creator) was taken off of the Market a long time ago after HTC sent a cease-and-desist letter to the creator for ripping off their work (if you crack open the apk, you can see pretty clearly that he blatantly copied the image resources from the original). It was later re-released after a code rewrite, sans the ripped-off bits.
The Following User Says Thank You to jasonmaloney For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
AspenTree Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmaloney View Post
Fancy Widget is not warez. The oudated version that you've included here (the one that you've likely included without license from the creator) was taken off of the Market a long time ago after HTC sent a cease-and-desist letter to the creator for ripping off their work (if you crack open the apk, you can see pretty clearly that he blatantly copied the image resources from the original). It was later re-released after a code rewrite, sans the ripped-off bits.
Will use that for next release BC I want no problems thanks again jason you're the man....or chilli pepper
AspenTree Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
I know that most folks that use Froyo or Gingerbread think that Sense is a dirty word, for some reason I always find myself going back to a sense rom after being on froyo or gingerbread for a while. I really like the interface and widgets. Thank you again for your hardwork
No problem but my hardest work /problem I'm going to face is Widgets but I like challenges

JakedGr8
Old
Thanks Meter 7
wait, hold up.

So this is gingerbread 2.3.3 with an HTC Sense theme over it? does stuff work?! If texting, calling, and teh netz works, I'm down for trying this out.

~ Jake

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe