T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

evo 3d non-upgrade!

OP Warrior 3000

22nd March 2011, 01:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

500 posts
Anyone here gonna get the E3D without the upgrade plan besides me? I used my upgrade in order to get my evo last year and i think imma just buy the E3D full price and sell my old evo. So that next year when the new awesome phone comes out i can upgrade for that!
22nd March 2011, 02:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

54 posts
More
Yes, yes I am - without hesitation.
22nd March 2011, 02:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 28

383 posts
More
So am I. I last used an upgrade for a palm pre in jan 2010. I went full price on my evo in June and I'm going full price again because my contact expires in november.
22nd March 2011, 02:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Blaine, MN
Thanks Meter: 71

514 posts
More
I think I am going to wait on this one. No doubt the EVO 3D will be an awesome phone, but I don't feel the need to go out and get one on launch day like I did with the EVO and the Palm Pre before that. I am still very happy with my original EVO even though the next generation of phones is starting to come out.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk
22nd March 2011, 03:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 462

1,366 posts
More
I'm pretty sure we can still upgrade after 1 year, the only difference being you get a $100 subsidy instead of $200.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
22nd March 2011, 03:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Metro Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 230

1,396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd0axs

I think I am going to wait on this one. No doubt the EVO 3D will be an awesome phone, but I don't feel the need to go out and get one on launch day like I did with the EVO and the Palm Pre before that. I am still very happy with my original EVO even though the next generation of phones is starting to come out.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

x2, Evo is still running strong and it does everything I need it to. Plus I'm not about to pay 400-500 dollars for a new phone since I'm still under contract.
22nd March 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #7  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 75

329 posts
More
I used my upgrade last June when EVO came out, and I will become a silver premier effective 4/1, which is not eligible for a new line discount upgrade after 12-month service anymore (only premier gold can upgrade at a discounted price).

Just spoke with a Sprint rep, he said that I can change my plan to $89.99 before 6/1, which is my 12-month upgrade eligibility point, then I will become a gold premier automatically and get a discounted upgrade. Changing plan will not reset the 2-year agreement, so I can upgrade my EVO on 6/1 after changing the plan in May. Of course if EVO 3D comes out before 6/1, I'll be sad...

Edit: Correction - it looks like I need to stay with $89.99+ plan with at least 3 months, which means I need to change my plan now...
Last edited by st0921; 22nd March 2011 at 03:55 PM.
22nd March 2011, 03:52 PM   |  #8  
Flag OHio
Thanks Meter: 6

408 posts
More
I thought u had to be on that for three months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0921

I used my upgrade last June when EVO came out, and I will become a silver premier effective 4/1, which is not eligible for a new line discount upgrade after 12-month service anymore (only premier gold can upgrade at a discounted price).

Just spoke with a Sprint rep, he said that I can change my plan to $89.99 before 6/1, which is my 12-month upgrade eligibility point, then I will become a gold premier automatically and get a discounted upgrade. Changing plan will not reset the 2-year agreement, so I can upgrade my EVO on 6/1 after changing the plan in May. Of course if EVO 3D comes out before 6/1, I'll be sad...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2011, 03:54 PM   |  #9  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 75

329 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidrookie84

I thought u had to be on that for three months?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just saw that... that rep must have forgotten to mention that. darn it.
Well, the only way is to change the plan now, so that it becomes ~3 months by the time my 12-month point comes...
22nd March 2011, 04:36 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 106

918 posts
More
I'll just use my upgrade every year as I will have premier gold for being a 10yr sprint customer

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread