Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

evo 3d non-upgrade!

Tip us?

Warrior 3000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default evo 3d non-upgrade!

Anyone here gonna get the E3D without the upgrade plan besides me? I used my upgrade in order to get my evo last year and i think imma just buy the E3D full price and sell my old evo. So that next year when the new awesome phone comes out i can upgrade for that!

alero
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes, yes I am - without hesitation.

Buff McBigstuff
Old
Thanks Meter 28
So am I. I last used an upgrade for a palm pre in jan 2010. I went full price on my evo in June and I'm going full price again because my contact expires in november.

kd0axs
Old
Thanks Meter 71
I think I am going to wait on this one. No doubt the EVO 3D will be an awesome phone, but I don't feel the need to go out and get one on launch day like I did with the EVO and the Palm Pre before that. I am still very happy with my original EVO even though the next generation of phones is starting to come out.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk
DON'T LISTEN TO ME, I'M JUST A DUMB ASS TRUCK DRIVER.

OneStepAhead
Old
Thanks Meter 364
I'm pretty sure we can still upgrade after 1 year, the only difference being you get a $100 subsidy instead of $200.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
Diztronic Owner

My Current Devices:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T)
  • OnePlus One
  • Asus Nexus 7
  • Apple iPad (Verizon - 3rd Generation)

Jfree3000
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
I think I am going to wait on this one. No doubt the EVO 3D will be an awesome phone, but I don't feel the need to go out and get one on launch day like I did with the EVO and the Palm Pre before that. I am still very happy with my original EVO even though the next generation of phones is starting to come out.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk
x2, Evo is still running strong and it does everything I need it to. Plus I'm not about to pay 400-500 dollars for a new phone since I'm still under contract.

st0921
Old
(Last edited by st0921; 22nd March 2011 at 03:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 75
I used my upgrade last June when EVO came out, and I will become a silver premier effective 4/1, which is not eligible for a new line discount upgrade after 12-month service anymore (only premier gold can upgrade at a discounted price).

Just spoke with a Sprint rep, he said that I can change my plan to $89.99 before 6/1, which is my 12-month upgrade eligibility point, then I will become a gold premier automatically and get a discounted upgrade. Changing plan will not reset the 2-year agreement, so I can upgrade my EVO on 6/1 after changing the plan in May. Of course if EVO 3D comes out before 6/1, I'll be sad...

Edit: Correction - it looks like I need to stay with $89.99+ plan with at least 3 months, which means I need to change my plan now...

androidrookie84
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I thought u had to be on that for three months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0921 View Post
I used my upgrade last June when EVO came out, and I will become a silver premier effective 4/1, which is not eligible for a new line discount upgrade after 12-month service anymore (only premier gold can upgrade at a discounted price).

Just spoke with a Sprint rep, he said that I can change my plan to $89.99 before 6/1, which is my 12-month upgrade eligibility point, then I will become a gold premier automatically and get a discounted upgrade. Changing plan will not reset the 2-year agreement, so I can upgrade my EVO on 6/1 after changing the plan in May. Of course if EVO 3D comes out before 6/1, I'll be sad...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

st0921
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidrookie84 View Post
I thought u had to be on that for three months?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just saw that... that rep must have forgotten to mention that. darn it.
Well, the only way is to change the plan now, so that it becomes ~3 months by the time my 12-month point comes...

jefbal99
Old
Thanks Meter 98
I'll just use my upgrade every year as I will have premier gold for being a 10yr sprint customer