Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 53,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to use the Amazon Appstore outside the US

Tip us?

Telanis
Old
(Last edited by Telanis; 25th March 2011 at 06:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Talking [GUIDE] How to use the Amazon Appstore outside the US

It's pretty simple, you just need a US billing address (which can be faked ... not really recommended if you don't want to get in trouble). Details: http://android.stackexchange.com/q/7254/1465

Phone -- Nexus 4
ROM ---- Stock 4.2.2

Other devices: Samsung Vibrant, Dell Streak, Amazon Kindle Fire, ASUS Transformer Prime TF201, LG Optimus Chic, BB Z10, BB Q10, BB Playbook

just_another
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how do you configure tor or orbot to give you a us ip? i seem to get only ones from europe..

Telanis
Old
(Last edited by Telanis; 25th March 2011 at 06:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_another View Post
how do you configure tor or orbot to give you a us ip? i seem to get only ones from europe..
EDIT: Turns out, this is irrelevant.

You should get one eventually, but you could also try going into the app's settings, checking Use Bridges, and enter the IP of a US bridge. I don't know of any US bridges myself but this mat be useful: https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges#FindingMore

Phone -- Nexus 4
ROM ---- Stock 4.2.2

Other devices: Samsung Vibrant, Dell Streak, Amazon Kindle Fire, ASUS Transformer Prime TF201, LG Optimus Chic, BB Z10, BB Q10, BB Playbook

miodrag.cutura
Old
Thanks Meter 62
And yet no one is giving a complete guide how to do it... Ok, we need Orbot, and that you go to Tor page when you don't get a slightest idea how to use it on your Android phone...

Telanis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by miodrag.cutura View Post
And yet no one is giving a complete guide how to do it... Ok, we need Orbot, and that you go to Tor page when you don't get a slightest idea how to use it on your Android phone...
What are you talking about? There's no Tor page.

Phone -- Nexus 4
ROM ---- Stock 4.2.2

miodrag.cutura
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telanis View Post
What are you talking about? There's no Tor page.
Well, I meant Torproject.org page...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Telanis
Old
(Last edited by Telanis; 25th March 2011 at 06:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by miodrag.cutura View Post
Well, I meant Torproject.org page...
EDIT: Turns out, this is irrelevant.

Oh, in the guide the link to Tor is purely informational, you don't even need to look at it. The Tor link I posted above is a complex way to possibly have a higher chance of being routed into the US ... that's really only for people who are ready to do the research into it. The guide on StackExchange should be enough.

Phone -- Nexus 4
ROM ---- Stock 4.2.2

teapea
Old
Thanks Meter 77
If Tor is essentially a proxy - would your phone need to have iptables in order for this method to work?

crashnarcis
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Hi guys i managed to change my Amazon address to a NY one and i downloaded the appstore. But when i try to download something it says that i have to set my one click mobile payment or something like that and i have to put in a an American phone number ... is there a way to bypass that? I just want to download free apps :P
Current Devices:
GT-I9000 AOKP M6
GT-I9250 CM10/ParanoidAndroid 1.99

Future Devices:
Acer Nakasi

Telanis
Old
(Last edited by Telanis; 25th March 2011 at 04:07 PM.) Reason: apparently i was wrong as f*ck
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnarcis View Post
Hi guys i managed to change my Amazon address to a NY one and i downloaded the appstore. But when i try to download something it says that i have to set my one click mobile payment or something like that and i have to put in a an American phone number ... is there a way to bypass that? I just want to download free apps :P
Put in a fake number.

Phone -- Nexus 4
ROM ---- Stock 4.2.2

Tags
amazon, android, apps, appstore, market