[Q] Galaxy S does not show any carrier signal after factory reset

Search This thread

asif1981

Mar 4, 2011
I had successfully unlocked my galaxy s using the procedure suggested on the related XDA forum.. the phone worked fine with a different network later on i accidently clicked the factory reset option.. now although the phone says its unlocked but i cannot see any network signal and the phone does not work on any sim card.
Pls can someone help

PS: I can switch on the phone and perform all other functions.

nwpro3

Feb 16, 2011
I had successfully unlocked my galaxy s using the procedure suggested on the related XDA forum.. the phone worked fine with a different network later on i accidently clicked the factory reset option.. now although the phone says its unlocked but i cannot see any network signal and the phone does not work on any sim card.
Pls can someone help

I could not say for sure because I don't know what process you used, but I Would say you just may need to downlaod the Factory TAR file using oden into your phone. Just make sure you Don't use the PIT file when you do it. Look in the Android Development section for the Tar file and the process of using Oden.

Reactions: asif1981

asif1981

Mar 4, 2011
thanks for the reply.. did try loading just the tar files using odin but still no progress... another info, when i turn on the phone the notification drop-down does show the name of the network and says no service.. does that ring a bell ??

asif1981

Mar 4, 2011
Cracked it !!

turns out that the software factory reset isn't all that effective and i tried the the hard reset by entering the code *2767*3855#... it worked like a charm and this time I had the carrier signal !!!!

dude_uuk

Dec 12, 2010
Hi Jager555, do you think it would be wise to try it out. I am not that confident to try it out because we have a different IMEI situation and I am afraid to brick another phone (bricjed captivate before). That is why I am waiting for someone to update the toher thread because that thread has the same IMEI that I have. If I won't be bricking my phone, then I would more than happy to try it out. :)

rickyc19

May 15, 2011
Austin
did you try disabling wifi calling? Same thing happened to me

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
i cant guarantee that you wont brick your phone. its just something to try. as ricky said, disable the wifi and see if that helps, but if not, your phone doesnt work either way. im not sure if you can flash another rom and see if that helps too.

the thread i posted said "I recently used one of the unlocking tools that are available on the Android market, and one of them screwed up my IMEI so badly (it contained garbage characters, not just numbers)"

i figure thats the problem you have. if you dont want to try it, bump this thread and try to get a response from the smarter people. lol. im still a noob, good luck! i hope you get it fixed soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i cant guarantee that you wont brick your phone. its just something to try. as ricky said, disable the wifi and see if that helps, but if not, your phone doesnt work either way. im not sure if you can flash another rom and see if that helps too.

the thread i posted said "I recently used one of the unlocking tools that are available on the Android market, and one of them screwed up my IMEI so badly (it contained garbage characters, not just numbers)"

i figure thats the problem you have. if you dont want to try it, bump this thread and try to get a response from the smarter people. lol. im still a noob, good luck! i hope you get it fixed soon.
    Pls can someone help

I could not say for sure because I don't know what process you used, but I Would say you just may need to downlaod the Factory TAR file using oden into your phone. Just make sure you Don't use the PIT file when you do it. Look in the Android Development section for the Tar file and the process of using Oden.