Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] EVO 3D

OP young3g

23rd March 2011, 08:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
More
Now that the evo 3D has been revealed are u still geting the the optimus 3D ?
Hands on review http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-E...nds-on_id17611
23rd March 2011, 09:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

83 posts
Depends what phone makes it to the stores sooner, but I'd prefer the EVO judging from the specs.
23rd March 2011, 11:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag Amsterdam, NL
Thanks Meter: 7

131 posts
More
960x540 resolution on HTC is the advantage imho

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
23rd March 2011, 12:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
More
EVO 3D for sure
23rd March 2011, 03:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 74

119 posts
Well I would get the evolution 3d but sadly no gsm...

So I'll be picking me up an official 3d

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
23rd March 2011, 08:56 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 40

196 posts
Same size, same weight, but higher res screen.

CPU and GPU seems to be a lot slower, first benchmarks on prototype hardware shows that Tegra 2 is 50% faster.

http://smartphonebenchmarks.com/foru...been-revealed/
23rd March 2011, 11:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

106 posts
honestly judging from the benchmarks i would prefer the LG. Its sad to see htc lag behind with their qualcomm because they make great products. Just the build quality is amazing with htc. Ive also heard that the new qualcomm chips have signed and locked bootloaders :/. The qualcomm msm8660 and 8260 are both dualcore arm cortex a8 and the .2 overclocked compaired to other dualcores just doesnt make up for the lack of performance and power comsumption gain.
24th March 2011, 12:17 AM   |  #8  
Flag Amsterdam, NL
Thanks Meter: 7

131 posts
More
You've got to be kidding. The less than stellar benchmark results are based on 1 benchmark from a prototype? Possibly fake? Let's wait and see what the evo 3d will do.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
24th March 2011, 12:54 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 40

196 posts
Joke or not, it looks slow.
Smartbench uses several 2D/3D routines to calculate an index, so it is not one benchmark, it is several ones.
May be fake, we'll see soon enough, CPU should show up in several phones soon.

Another advantage of the Evo 3D is the inter-camera distance, lenses seen to be further apart. Should bring little more depth to objects further away.

Evo 3D looks 3 mm shorther and 3 mm slimmer too. Same weight though.

The slightly bigger battery at 1700mah vs 1500mah needs testing to check the battery times. Maybe the screen needs more juice...
24th March 2011, 09:19 AM   |  #10  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 9

93 posts
GSM is a big deal for me too; too bad, this is a nice Evo refresh. Also, if you're a fan of Google Voice, the Sprint network has an edge in that dept.

Here are my thoughts on the features of the LG Optimus 3D Vs. HTC Evo 3D:

OS: Like the 2x, the Optimus 3D runs Froyo. An update has been mentioned often by LG & should be released soon after the phones have gone retail. The Evo 3D has the latest update.

CPU: Up for grabs right now, but LG's TI OMAP shows alot of promise. Again, we just met the Evo 3D- still both phones are very fast.

RAM: HTC has twice the RAM @ 1 GIG. Yet, LG's 2x & the 3D are top 5 in most benches w/ only 512. Dual channel or not, I've brought this up before, maybe 512 is enough after all?

Build: HTC probably has a better build- shaped like the stellar Evo, its parts are smooth & has some weight when handled. The previews for LG's 3D & its 2x has been relatively positive. Nothing ground breaking, but conservatively simple & elegant.

Camera: Both are dual 5mp on the backside & I think 1.3mp on the front. The difference is that the Evo has a dedicated shutter button & 2x LED flashes.

UI: LG's UI overlay is rather weak compared to the Sense- but that's a two-edged sword being that so little is in fact added to LG's UI, it's not bloated w/ company widgets, apps, or questionable OS modifications. That's cool or cheap of them, hehe. The new Sense UI IMO, looks great.

Display: HTC has a winner here. LG's screen is great, though just not Samsung, HTC, Apple, "great" where their phones have continually put out awesome displays. The Evo 3D screen is slightly thinner & taller because HTC believes this aspect ratio is the proper size. Both phones are within 4.3 inch category.

Battery: The Optimus 3D has a Li-Ion 1500 mAh while the Evo 3D includes a 1730 mAh battery.

3D: The only negative words about 3D for these phones stem from the public- which do not have access to test these two devices. Which does it better? There are those that care & I hope the media makes a statement on this topic.

Extras: Both phones have HDMI ports, can record 3D in 720p & 2D in 1080p.

IMO, both phones are great devices considering they're first to jump in the 3D market. I'm looking forward to the Optimus- hopefully early spring!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread