Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom g tablet XOskin screen protector

Tip us?

ramerco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default Custom g tablet XOskin screen protector

Hey all,

I am in touch with the people at xoskins.com for a screen skin for the g tablet. I have sent dimensions and photos and they are in progress on the design. This would not be a dry application protector that has air bubbles and peels up around the edges. Their protectors go on extremely well. I have put them on several devices with a lot of success. One has been on my phone for a year and it still is all the way down around the edges.

When I get mine, I can post some shots of it. Hopefully we can generate some interest so they can make more.
Nexus 5 with CM11
TF101 with KatKiss 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to ramerco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aasoror
Old
Thanks Meter 54
How much did you pay ?

ramerco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Nothing yet, but I am guessing it will be $20. I also just saw the skinomi one for $15 shipped in the US. They look to be pretty much identical. The packaging and spray are almost the same as the xoskins I have gotten before (just different graphics).
Nexus 5 with CM11
TF101 with KatKiss 4.4.2

ramerco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
This screen protector skin is now available on xoskins.com for $18 using the code tabletprotector20. as soon as mine comes in i can post some pictures. like i said before, these have worked great for me in the past on othe devices. btw, I'm not getting kickbacks or anyhing, just spreadin the word.
Nexus 5 with CM11
TF101 with KatKiss 4.4.2

Cocide
Old
Thanks Meter 11
How do the XOskins compare to the Skinomi ones?

ramerco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocide View Post
How do the XOskins compare to the Skinomi ones?
I think they are the same. I forgot to order the xo skin after I got the email the design was done. Anyway, ordered it now. Will update when it arrives and I can compare to my skinomi.
Nexus 5 with CM11
TF101 with KatKiss 4.4.2

ramerco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Just wanted to update that I got my xoskin. It is very much like the skinomi tech skin. I can hardly tell the difference. To me, I like the xoskin a bit better, I like the screen feel of it a bit better. Also, you can still get it for $20 shipped with the code from above.
Nexus 5 with CM11
TF101 with KatKiss 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to ramerco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cocide
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramerco View Post
Just wanted to update that I got my xoskin. It is very much like the skinomi tech skin. I can hardly tell the difference. To me, I like the xoskin a bit better, I like the screen feel of it a bit better. Also, you can still get it for $20 shipped with the code from above.
Thanks, thats great to know.
Device: HTC Evo 4G
ROM: Evervolv

Device: Viewsonic G-Tablet
ROM: Evervolv

Join me on irc.freenode.net #evervolv (or via webchat)

aasoror
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramerco View Post
Also, you can still get it for $20 shipped with the code from above.
Which is 30% more than the skinomi , not sure if the difference in the texture would warrant the difference in price.

That said, its good to know there are other comparable alternatives there (once skinomi jacks up the price again or terminate their coupon).

ramerco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
not sure if the difference in the texture would warrant the difference in price...once skinomi jacks up the price again or terminate their coupon.
Exactly my thought...
Nexus 5 with CM11
TF101 with KatKiss 4.4.2