[Guide] Debrand e900: 8 steps + Force NoDo Update Tips/Links
8 Steps To Debrand Optimus 7
You do not need a developer/chevronwp7 enabled device
1. Enable MFG application, go to dailer and dial ##634#
2. Launch MFG application, Password is 277634#*#
3. Select: Engineer Menu > Other Settings > Edit Registry
4. Set the input boxes:
Select ROOT_PATH: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Input SUB_PATH: System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\
Input KEY: MobileOperator
Data Type: STRING
5. Select Query and write down the result for re-branding (just in case)
6. To debrand leave the input data field blank, apply the changes.
7. The tool will say fail but it really did set correctly.
(you can also use MobileOperator "000-88" this is what worked for me)
8. Connect to Zune and check for updates.
So far most people are only getting the pre-NoDo update, Follow the guide bellow if the above doesnt work alone.
FORCED UPDATE TO NODO
follow the tutorial here
- try changing the MobileOperator registry key to 000-88
- DO NOT TURN AIRPLANE MODE ON, turn off WiFi
- when its checking for updates, count 33- 40 seconds, then turn off data connection on the phone
- turn off data connection and use Wi-fi instead. (For those without Data)
- make sure you have enough space on your hd
I can confirm this worked for, Telus LG Optimus 7 unlocked and MobileOperator 000-88 inside canada.
Telus - WP7 - LG e900 carrier unlocked - debranded
Telus - Android - LG p500 - rooted - carrier locked
Fido - iPhone 3g - 3.1.3 whited00r - unlocked