Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] App or mod for Contacts to Hide peeps?

Tip us?

Shoulon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
Default [Q] App or mod for Contacts to Hide peeps?

Was wondering if it could be possible to add a function or a app to Hide people listed in contacts. I used to own a Samsung Rant and it had a setting to put people listed in "hide contact."
Are you new to XDA? Have a Question? Watch this video!
If I have helped you in anyway or anyone else for that matter. Click that thanks button!

Shoulon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
Anyone? =/

Sent from my Epic 4G using XDA App
If I have helped you in anyway or anyone else for that matter. Click that thanks button!

fastmikey1969
Old
Thanks Meter 91
If you sync with Google, you can assign them to a certain group, then not show that group.

Shoulon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
Awesome =) thankyou sir.

Sent from my Epic 4G using XDA App

nikon120
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Like previous post said, just assign them to a different group in Google Contacts and choose not to display/sync that group.

Personally I just made an "Android" group and strictly monitor that group as it's the only group I sync from Google Contacts. Adding a new contact requires I go to the Google Contacts website and add them to that group manually if I want them on my sync list. After spending 3 hours cleaning up "My Contacts" when I first got my Epic, this step is nothing compared to having loads of erroneous contacts on my phone.

Also, selecting the option to only display contacts with phone numbers helps out with Facebook syncing if you happened to select sync all FB friends, rather than manually adding specific friends.