Originally Posted by ejnahuj
Hi guys, I recantly decided to update my gt540 from 2.1 to 2.3.3
I followed steps by steps on by this tutorial - http://fdapps.comuf.com/downloads/Th...nce%20page.pdf
Installed rom with fastboot, tried to install Clockwork with fastboot, I typed fastboot flash recovery C:\recovery.img , and then there's <waiting for device> , doesn't go further, I have everything installed sdk, usb drivers and usb debugging activated. Maybe there's some problem with key combination, to get in fastboot. From google I understood, that I have to turn phone off, then press and hold camera + press power button! I did other combinations too, but didnt work.
Just waiting for device..
Any ideas? I read, that if you're in fastboot there's just a black screen, and on pc desktop appears fastboot usb. I have non of that.
Thanks for help in advance.
1. you need to install a ROM with fastboot
the most common is europe + fastboot (KDZ) ROM.
2. once its finished phone will reboot, then fast login into fastboot mode CAMERA + POWER
3. You are missin 1 thing, OEM usb drivers
not GOOGLE usb drivers as some tutorial says, those are just for Android Developer Phones (ADP), Nexus One, and Nexus S.
* these drivers are for your pc to recognize your phone in fastboot mode, they are not the normal LG usb drivers
4. for install the drivers abouve follow these smll tutorials
* if using windows 7:
* if using windows XP:
once is installed plug your phone in fastboot mode to your pc, now your pc has to recognize your phone wait until it finish installing the drivers and read it properly
5. unzip the new ROM files into C:\*SDK\tools
6. open CMD Terminal and go to C:\*SDK\tools, type:
7. once in, type
fastboot flash recovery recovery_clockwork_3.x.x.x_swift.img"
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
*Just in case it drops you an error AdbWinApi.dll missing
here is the file. place it in C:\*SDK\tools and try again
Any other question PM me