Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Fastboot, waiting for device.

OP ejnahuj

24th March 2011, 07:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Hi guys, I recantly decided to update my gt540 from 2.1 to 2.3.3
I followed steps by steps on by this tutorial - http://fdapps.comuf.com/downloads/Th...nce%20page.pdf

Installed rom with fastboot, tried to install Clockwork with fastboot, I typed fastboot flash recovery C:\recovery.img , and then there's <waiting for device> , doesn't go further, I have everything installed sdk, usb drivers and usb debugging activated. Maybe there's some problem with key combination, to get in fastboot. From google I understood, that I have to turn phone off, then press and hold camera + press power button! I did other combinations too, but didnt work.
Just waiting for device..

Any ideas? I read, that if you're in fastboot there's just a black screen, and on pc desktop appears fastboot usb. I have non of that.
Thanks for help in advance.
25th March 2011, 08:58 AM   |  #2  
lavero.burgos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 1,320
 
2,518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejnahuj

Hi guys, I recantly decided to update my gt540 from 2.1 to 2.3.3
I followed steps by steps on by this tutorial - http://fdapps.comuf.com/downloads/Th...nce%20page.pdf

Installed rom with fastboot, tried to install Clockwork with fastboot, I typed fastboot flash recovery C:\recovery.img , and then there's <waiting for device> , doesn't go further, I have everything installed sdk, usb drivers and usb debugging activated. Maybe there's some problem with key combination, to get in fastboot. From google I understood, that I have to turn phone off, then press and hold camera + press power button! I did other combinations too, but didnt work.
Just waiting for device..

Any ideas? I read, that if you're in fastboot there's just a black screen, and on pc desktop appears fastboot usb. I have non of that.
Thanks for help in advance.

Hello
1. you need to install a ROM with fastboot the most common is europe + fastboot (KDZ) ROM.
http://www.mediafire.com/?96nu9lb6afx22a7
2. once its finished phone will reboot, then fast login into fastboot mode CAMERA + POWER
3. You are missin 1 thing, OEM usb drivers not GOOGLE usb drivers as some tutorial says, those are just for Android Developer Phones (ADP), Nexus One, and Nexus S.
LG_Android_USB_Driver_Rebuilt
http://www.mediafire.com/?pbigrb8cimmxa4d
* these drivers are for your pc to recognize your phone in fastboot mode, they are not the normal LG usb drivers
4. for install the drivers abouve follow these smll tutorials
* if using windows 7:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#Win7
* if using windows XP:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#WinXp
once is installed plug your phone in fastboot mode to your pc, now your pc has to recognize your phone wait until it finish installing the drivers and read it properly
5. unzip the new ROM files into C:\*SDK\tools
6. open CMD Terminal and go to C:\*SDK\tools, type:
cd C:\*SDK\tools
7. once in, type
fastboot flash recovery recovery_clockwork_3.x.x.x_swift.img"
fastboot -w
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

*Just in case it drops you an error AdbWinApi.dll missing here is the file. place it in C:\*SDK\tools and try again
http://www.mediafire.com/?3s3z5uym2rw5r7u

Any other question PM me
Last edited by lavero.burgos; 25th March 2011 at 09:19 AM.
22nd June 2011, 03:03 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Unhappy fastboot "waiting for device"
I have installed all the drivers and everything is working fine except fastboot. I have "nexus s" with me. The problem is:

I do "adb reboot bootloader" to flash the images, but after that if I do "fastboot devices", it doesnot show my device and if I do "fastboot flash ..", it just displays "waiting for device".


Can any one please help, I need it urgently..

THanks in advance
22nd June 2011, 04:55 PM   |  #4  
Quinny899's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bolton le Sands, Near Lancaster, UK
Thanks Meter: 3,959
 
6,323 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy.krishna00

I have installed all the drivers and everything is working fine except fastboot. I have "nexus s" with me. The problem is:

I do "adb reboot bootloader" to flash the images, but after that if I do "fastboot devices", it doesnot show my device and if I do "fastboot flash ..", it just displays "waiting for device".


Can any one please help, I need it urgently..

THanks in advance

You need to turn phone off and hold down camera whilst pressing power.


Sent from my GT540 using XDA App
23rd June 2011, 07:44 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

You need to turn phone off and hold down camera whilst pressing power.


Sent from my GT540 using XDA App

Can you please clearly explain it, I couldnt get that. The prob was even though I installed the diver fastboot cannot detect the device..
23rd June 2011, 08:29 AM   |  #6  
Quinny899's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bolton le Sands, Near Lancaster, UK
Thanks Meter: 3,959
 
6,323 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Turn the phone off normally and when you'from holding down power to turn it on, also hold down camera until you get a black screen.

Sent from my GT540 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes