Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mic Turns off when headset(Aux) plugged in on thunderbolt

Tip us?

vitsdroid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Mic Turns off when headset(Aux) plugged in on thunderbolt

I have been using a standard aux(3pole) cable with my Droid, Droid 2 and HTC Incredible, to connect it to my car speakers and listen to music. The nice part is all those phones did not turn off the mic on the phone. The thunderbolt turns off the mic so when I get a call I hear the person on the other line through my car speakers but he doesn't hear me(mic turns off). Any one know if it is possible to enable the phone mic to stay on? I am open to mods or roms, i just really need this to work.

Kinda frustrating because it works with my other phones.

rashly
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This is very frustrating. As far as I know, there is no way around this yet. We'll have to wait for either an HTC software update or something Like CM7 to fix it. I wouldn't get my hopes up for HTC to fix it, since they are saying that the phone was designed to act like this. I think our best bet is to email HTC with the issue. They can't ignore ti if they are getting thousands of complaints about it... can they?

vitsdroid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
i hope cm7 will take car of it. I have cm6 running on the incredible and it works just fine.

Its a safety issue in my mind, it lets me drive hands free with just an aux cable. Instead of fiddling with it to make it work. This is the only thing that i dont like about the Thunderbolt.

gsxr1kmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 3
this is extremely frustrating. I used to use that all the time on my OG droid and on my atrix.

spjoneser
Old
Thanks Meter 15
totally lame! I hate to say it but I'm starting to miss my incredible.

vitsdroid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
here is a solution http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2617wt_1141

I got 2 of these, 1 for each car and it works perfectly. Hope this helps.
Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Thunderbolt, Galaxy Nexus VZN, Nexus 4 16GB t-mo, Nexus 5

PJnc284
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Remember seeing a code snippet either on irc or twitter yesterday that looked like HTC hard coded the headset value into the software so it thinks anything plugged in has a mic.

CrappyAlloy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
When this happens I just hit the speaker button on the phone and the mic comes back on, not the best solution but at least something for now.

barnhouse
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just got off of the phone with an HTC Support Rep. He did some digging and discovered that this model has issues with headsets that have volume controls on them (e.g. iPhone headset). He had no idea for a fix, no other information available. I asked him to open a support ticket in my name, however. <== Anxiously awaiting to see if CM7 resolves this issue too.

thunderbolt_user
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any news

has anyone heard anything more about this it is really annoying