Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CLOSED][APP MOD] Google Maps navigation

Tip us?

S_Kool
Old
Thanks Meter 9
hello everybody
i got bit of a problem, i'm not a developer but I would like to have google maps and navigation on my Desire...
thing is i dont know how to erase stock navigation and maps from my phone, i tried TitaniumBackup for uninstalling but it didn't work

i'm runnin ICS 0.4.3 from Sandvold, and i was wondering is it possible to use terminal emulator to remove stock maps and install 6.4.0 ownhere signed version, and if it's possible how can i do it
what are CLI instructions??

thx

angusc
Old
Thanks Meter 473
S.kool, all on the first psst how to install......?

Sent with Desire.
Device: HTC ONE Dual Sim UK
SW: 5.17.402.6
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 + Sense 6.0
HBOOT: 2.49.0000
MID PN071
CID HTC__001

I'm not Muslim, I'm not Christian, I have no religion, I'm just humane.....what are you?

S_Kool
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusc View Post
S.kool, all on the first psst how to install......?

Sent with Desire.
i try instructions from #1 post but it didnt work with terminal emulator or titanium backup...i dont have skill to do it over Android SDK...

so i try install maps for unrooted devices (maps 6.4.0 changepn...but now i have doubled maps,doubled navigation,doubled places,doubled latidute and it keeps crashing

...i know you think i'm not reading and just trolling but i'm not i really need some more instructions
The Following User Says Thank You to S_Kool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HerbertSo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have updated to the latest version (root version), why Market still list my Google Maps as requiring updates?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Paparasee
Old
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Kool View Post
i'm runnin ICS 0.4.3 from Sandvold, and i was wondering is it possible to use terminal emulator to remove stock maps and install 6.4.0 ownhere signed version, and if it's possible how can i do it
what are CLI instructions??
Since you have a rooted phone and since you have successfully flashed a ROM, I'm assuming you know a lil bit about computers and zip files. Now, based on that assumption, I'd suggest ...

a) download maps6.4.0-ownhere-signed.apk from the 1st page (signed version).
b) Extract the contents of your rom to a folder ... let's say the folder name is "Sandvold"
c) goto \Sandvold\system\apps
d) delete maps.apk (or anything that looks like it)
e) copy the file you downloaded in step (a) above to this folder ... \Sandvold\system\apps
f) Get inside the folder \Sandvold and select all
g) Right click and zip all highlighted files to a file (name of your choice)
h) copy the newly created rom file to your SD card and FLASH!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500) [4.4.2 INU]

Samsung Nexus S (i9020A) retired
ROM: Slim Bean [4.2.2] build 4 | Kernel: Marmite - ROM Default
The Following User Says Thank You to Paparasee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

angusc
Old
Thanks Meter 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Kool View Post
i try instructions from #1 post but it didnt work with terminal emulator or titanium backup...i dont have skill to do it over Android SDK...

so i try install maps for unrooted devices (maps 6.4.0 changepn...but now i have doubled maps,doubled navigation,doubled places,doubled latidute and it keeps crashing

...i know you think i'm not reading and just trolling but i'm not i really need some more instructions
No i don't think that..... Try titanium again to uninstall the original maps. If can not work then use root explorer to manually delete the maps file from your system. I recommend you complete a NANDROID backup first. Then try installing the ownwhere signed.apk

It usually works for me. Good luck.

Sent with Desire.
Device: HTC ONE Dual Sim UK
SW: 5.17.402.6
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 + Sense 6.0
HBOOT: 2.49.0000
MID PN071
CID HTC__001

I'm not Muslim, I'm not Christian, I have no religion, I'm just humane.....what are you?
The Following User Says Thank You to angusc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S_Kool
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee View Post
Since you have a rooted phone and since you have successfully flashed a ROM, I'm assuming you know a lil bit about computers and zip files. Now, based on that assumption, I'd suggest ...

a) download maps6.4.0-ownhere-signed.apk from the 1st page (signed version).
b) Extract the contents of your rom to a folder ... let's say the folder name is "Sandvold"
c) goto \Sandvold\system\apps
d) delete maps.apk (or anything that looks like it)
e) copy the file you downloaded in step (a) above to this folder ... \Sandvold\system\apps
f) Get inside the folder \Sandvold and select all
g) Right click and zip all highlighted files to a file (name of your choice)
h) copy the newly created rom file to your SD card and FLASH!
if only I could have that developer logic...that work just fine, thx
I was little bit suspicious with that method because there wasn't gmaps.apk or google.maps.apk
I guess sandvold include the whole gapps package, but it workt like you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusc View Post
No i don't think that..... Try titanium again to uninstall the original maps. If can not work then use root explorer to manually delete the maps file from your system. I recommend you complete a NANDROID backup first. Then try installing the ownwhere signed.apk

It usually works for me. Good luck.

Sent with Desire.
if that first method i try didn't work I would try yours but thx anyway

aben2amu
Old
(Last edited by aben2amu; 17th March 2012 at 02:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Would it be possible to have the xml script for flashing maps 6.4.0?
Thanks.

Edit: I edited the last xml and it worked.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Maps_mod_640_cleanup_xml.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.93 MB, 28 views)
Moto X XT1058
ROM: Stock 4.4.4 Retail Brazil

Samsung Note 8.0 GT-N5100
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 rooted

Acer Iconia Tab A500
ROM: FLEXREAPER RELIX 2.0
Android 4.1.2

tinezi
Old
(Last edited by tinezi; 16th March 2012 at 01:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Default Still no turn arrows..

I upgraded to 6.4.0 and I still don't have these big turn arrows on top of the screen. Just long text and distance to next turn.

see image: hxxp://i.imgur.com/mmk9H.png

Tried unistalling and clear data. Even reinstalled my rom without luck. Anyone else had this problem and figured it out?

Inblue
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinezi View Post
I upgraded to 6.4.0 and I still don't have these big turn arrows on top of the screen. Just long text and distance to next turn.

see image: hxxp://i.imgur.com/mmk9H.png

Tried unistalling and clear data. Even reinstalled my rom without luck. Anyone else had this problem and figured it out?
I had the same problem with my native language.
Try English as your phone's language and you will see the arrows.
(Samsung GSII not-rooted)

The Following User Says Thank You to Inblue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe