It's a bit bootleg but the only way I've been able to do it so far:
1. Download and install root explorer. You'll have to pay but it's a useful app and worth it
1. Download swype installer and install swype
2. After installation, there will be a screen with 4 options:
a. watch video
b. start tutorial
c. generate license
Click "Generate license"
3. Click "select android keyboard" and change the radio button from "swype" to "android keyboard"
4. Press the home button to exit swype installer and open root installer
5. Go to /data/app
6. Click on "com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk" and long hold to bring up the options menu
7. Click move, scroll to /sdcard/download and click "paste"
8. Press the home button to exit root explorer
9. Open swype installer. You should get a force close error. If you do not and instead see the screen with "disable swype", click the back button which will bring you back to the home screen then click swype installer again. Do not continue until swype installer force closes.
10. Go back to root explorer and move "com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk" back to /data/app
11. Go back to the home screen and open swype installer
12. Click "select swype" and then select swype
13. Click "finish"
Hope that helps. If you have any questions, let me know.