Droid 2 Global unlock code

OP wondereye

24th June 2011, 12:18 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Oh and these are the instructions they gave from Cellunlocker.net :

Motorola A956 (Droid 2) unlock instructions:

* Make sure Network Mode is set to GSM/UTMS
* To enter the unlock code for motorola, phone, insert a foreign / unaccepted sim card and enter the unlock code.
* If your phone appears on the "Contact operator" or the inability to enter the code should leave the phone with a foreign sim card for about 30 minutes. After this time you are allowed to enter the code.
24th June 2011, 12:53 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Lightbulb possible way to get unlock codes for free yourself? maybe even unlock phone for GSM??
I saw this post for how to unlock the samsung galaxy s 4g (sorry I can't just post a link, stupid forum rules won't let me since I'm a new user...):

theinfow.com/2011/03/how-to-unlock-samsung-galaxy-s-4g.html

maybe a similar thing could be done with droid 2 global . I checked quickly in the terminal and there is the same folder as in the galaxy:

/dev/block

which contains a load of files, but not the particular file they use for the galaxy. I'm betting the unlock code(s) for each phone is in one of those files just like with the galaxy s 4g!! I'm going to start looking through some to see if I can find something useful. This folder may also hold the key to unlocking GSM for use in USA, not sure. I know people have been saying it's the firmware, but maybe it's related to some files in the /dev/block folder? I don't know enough about how these phones work to know for sure.

Maybe this is a dumb idea, but at least its something! Maybe it's been suggested/tried before too, but I haven't seen it. Hopefully others will start looking through these files in /dev/block too, to speed up the process (if anyone else thinks the idea is worth a damn). I'm only one person and don't have a lot of time...
24th June 2011, 01:26 AM   |  #73  

2 posts
Exclamation put www first
make sure to put 3 w's before the address, otherwise it doesn't go to the right thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsforthewise

I saw this post for how to unlock the samsung galaxy s 4g (sorry I can't just post a link, stupid forum rules won't let me since I'm a new user...):

theinfow.com/2011/03/how-to-unlock-samsung-galaxy-s-4g.html

maybe a similar thing could be done with droid 2 global . I checked quickly in the terminal and there is the same folder as in the galaxy:

/dev/block

which contains a load of files, but not the particular file they use for the galaxy. I'm betting the unlock code(s) for each phone is in one of those files just like with the galaxy s 4g!! I'm going to start looking through some to see if I can find something useful. This folder may also hold the key to unlocking GSM for use in USA, not sure. I know people have been saying it's the firmware, but maybe it's related to some files in the /dev/block folder? I don't know enough about how these phones work to know for sure.

Maybe this is a dumb idea, but at least its something! Maybe it's been suggested/tried before too, but I haven't seen it. Hopefully others will start looking through these files in /dev/block too, to speed up the process (if anyone else thinks the idea is worth a damn). I'm only one person and don't have a lot of time...

Last edited by wordsforthewise; 24th June 2011 at 07:45 AM.
24th June 2011, 09:44 AM   |  #74  
Flag Rausu
Thanks Meter: 338

721 posts
More
I hope you do realise that /dev/block/ contains block devices. That's it. Devices that perform I/O on a block basis as opposed to character-based I/O.

The fact that there is a “file” that controls the lock state on a single given phone doesn't matter much. After all, it's not a file at all. It's a block device, which means it can contain any data at all at any given time — it's not there to store data, it's there to access a hardware device.
25th June 2011, 09:14 AM   |  #75  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno

I hope you do realise that /dev/block/ contains block devices. That's it. Devices that perform I/O on a block basis as opposed to character-based I/O.

The fact that there is a “file” that controls the lock state on a single given phone doesn't matter much. After all, it's not a file at all. It's a block device, which means it can contain any data at all at any given time — it's not there to store data, it's there to access a hardware device.

Bingo!!!
26th July 2011, 08:55 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 1

61 posts
More
Unlock code D2G
Hi @blade725, not clear from your post, did the codes from CellUnlocker.net unlock your phone? First part of your post says no and the second parts says one of two codes worked.

I am trying to find a reliable unlocker. I have been trying for about 4 months now and no luck.
26th July 2011, 10:05 PM   |  #77  
Flag Rausu

721 posts
More
There is no “reliable unlocker”.

The codes from almost any unlocking service will work with a phone that didn't have its unlock code altered OTA.

That's all.
3rd August 2011, 10:15 PM   |  #78  

2 posts
Would it be incorrect of me to ask that the individuals that have had theirs unlocked using verizon "secret code" If they could send me that code. I am outside of the US and unable to contact verizon.
3rd August 2011, 10:51 PM   |  #79  
Flag Rausu

721 posts
More
It won't work.

The codes are unique for each IMEI.
17th September 2011, 12:39 PM   |  #80  

2 posts
Unlock Doriod 2 Global Help?
I'm from India. I have Motorola Droid 2 Global by Verizon IMEI: 353650048029495.

Any one help me to unlock it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d2g, locked
Previous Thread Next Thread