Originally Posted by diablo2224
You will want to grant root access again using the adb commands. This happened to me once. You don't have permission to do this because it needs to have root access to carry on this operation. Try the root commands again to grant root access and then see what it does when trying to flash the rootboot files.
If that's not it come let us know. XDA will have your answer for sure.
Sent from my Droid using XDA Premium App
I get stuck on step 7 of this guide below, so I think I never get to the point of getting root, but if I'm doing something wrong and I have to run some other commands please let me know.
1. Download the Motorola Xoom Root Zip file and unzip it. Download
2. Place the files in the SDK Tools folder.
3. adb reboot bootloader (You can skip the next 3 steps if you’ve unlocked with fastboot previously)
5. fastboot oem unlock (wait for reboot)
6. adb reboot bootloader
7. fastboot flash boot rootboot.img
7. fastboot reboot (wait for reboot)
8. adb remount
9. adb shell push su /system/bin
10. adb shell ln –s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su
11. adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
12. adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
And thanks for making some time to reply, I try to get some help on other threads with no response.