Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TuT P3 added][4-3-11]Adamoid Fast Easy Theming (System,ADW,LauncherPro,... apk)

Tip us?

adam2010
Old
(Last edited by adam2010; 4th April 2011 at 09:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
Angry [TuT P3 added][4-3-11]Adamoid Fast Easy Theming (System,ADW,LauncherPro,... apk)

You can mod your phone in no time with less hassle and you can start making great themes for everyone. And you don't need to wait for anyone to do the job for you.

Let's bring competition to table. There are many brilliant Roms out there (Cyanogen,Miui,...) but not all devices can have the same theme or mod since their device is not supported. I'm sure many of you guys have different taste, ideas, and can improve the look of your Rom. Let's theme our Android Roms ourselves and give our Developers a break

It is not easy to find all the tutorials in one place and not spending hours in XDA website to learn something. I myself have learned a lot from XDA, other Devs and using try and error method.

These tutorials would be super easy even for someone who had never done theming before. If I find time I will include images too.
Tutorials will teach u how to theme almost every App you have (ADW, LauncherPro, Go Launcher,...). There are other guides out there and u r welcome to use them but what makes mine different is that details and tricks will be covered. Tutorials should be fast and easy. I myself got tired of reading long confusing tutorials and still came up with questions.

So bring your skills on the table and post your themes in XDA website.

I will update tutorials and add new ones every week. I won't post them in the thread to avoid long pages and keep the thread clean. I will always include sample files with tutorials so you can learn theming with an example. How cool is that!

You can apply these techniques in any rom. My sample files are for CM7 just to give you an idea where the files are located and how to apply them.

I won't provide direct downloading cause I run out of bandwidth quickly and you can save tutorials on your phone and read them wherever you want

Help me to find mistakes and improve tutorials and I will include video tutorials for the revised, improved written tutorials later.

Theming part I is a quick tutorial to apply changes to "framework" and some "system apk" (Phone.apk, SystemUI.apk, ...).

Support the thread and I will add more tutorials. Please don't forget the "Thanks Button"

Check out the images for one of my works for Nexus one on XDA site-->Link

*** Check Post #2 for change log and upcoming tutorials.

Tutorial Downloads:

Adamoid Super Easy Theming Part I --> [Link]
[Mirror1]
[Mirror2]

Adamoid Super Easy Theming Part II --> [Link]
[Mirror1]
[Mirror2]

Adamoid Super Easy Theming Part III --> [Link]
[Mirror1]
[Mirror2]

Checkout my new CM7 bootanimation: It's a really good example to see how you can optimize the image values
[Thread Link]
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to adam2010 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adam2010
Old
(Last edited by adam2010; 3rd April 2011 at 02:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
Change Log:

[Upcoming]

Tutorial part VII
--> Let's make our own LauncherPro theme!

[Upcoming]

Tutorial part VI
--> Where are the images for status bar? Quick map for finding your images-Part (a)

[Upcoming]

Tutorial part IV
--> How to decode apk with "apktool", the easy way!

[Posted][4/2]

Tutorial part III
--> Create Bootanimation for any device: Everything explained!

[Posted][3/27]

Tutorial part II
--> Create your own images: 9.png files and how to cheat them!

[Posted][3/27]

Tutorial Part I
--> Use my sample themed images (or images you found from other roms, sources,..) and apply them to framework & system apps
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to adam2010 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lunie
Old
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
coolness will take a look on part I. I myself am starting on an android theme for cm7. I really can't wait and I have a concept lined up for it. So it would be nice for a tutorial since I am just starting and I know there are a lot out there but it sounds like you know the android modding "game" and your theme is awesome :3

So pretty please finish this thanks =)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevin2516
Old
Thanks Meter 1,351
Thanks for helping all the noobs out there , i myself learnt to theme android through doing it myself and a bit of reading the guides *points at impaler* , your tutorial seems good too hehe.

although one thing that bugs me is the many colours and font you used in the OP, i duno why LOL.
Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

adam2010
Old
(Last edited by adam2010; 27th March 2011 at 09:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunie View Post
coolness will take a look on part I. I myself am starting on an android theme for cm7. I really can't wait and I have a concept lined up for it. So it would be nice for a tutorial since I am just starting and I know there are a lot out there but it sounds like you know the android modding "game" and your theme is awesome :3

So pretty please finish this thanks =)
Thanks for your feedback I will try my best to talk about everything I learned so far. Im backing up my computers to replace my hdd and install windows again.It wouldnt hurt if I double check the commands i mention in tutorials regarding Windows too . Surprise! Part II will be out tomorrow

adam2010
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2516 View Post
Thanks for helping all the noobs out there , i myself learnt to theme android through doing it myself and a bit of reading the guides *points at impaler* , your tutorial seems good too hehe.

although one thing that bugs me is the many colours and font you used in the OP, i duno why LOL.
My pleasure! I also learned things the hard way First part might look like a draft ( took me 2.5 hours) but it will be improved gradually. I just started this tutorials so I won't claim the best tutorials yet lol but I'm going to make it happen

People might get bored reading my long OP so I changed colors to make it easier to read. Trust me it was extra work for me but I thought it might help lol

ULoveAriana
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Thanks for this.I've been looking for a tutorial that was quick & easy to understand definitely helps speed up my learning process much appreciated

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App

smartsreenath
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Adamoid Super Easy Theming Part I --> Link
the link you provided is not working

CUREENT:SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4
SAMSUNG GALAXY S 3
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB PLUS
HTC LEGEND

adam2010
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartsreenath View Post
the link you provided is not working

I checked the link it's working fine. Make sure your computer is not blocking it.

adam2010
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULoveAriana View Post
Thanks for this.I've been looking for a tutorial that was quick & easy to understand definitely helps speed up my learning process much appreciated

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App
You are very welcome

Tags
cm7, themes