Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Captivate Replacement... With What?

OP TexUs

28th March 2011, 03:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

645 posts
More
So basically... I'm wondering what maybe some of the Captivate users are looking at getting.

I'm on my fourth Cappy. Now the speaker stopped working on it (Just the headphone jack works for sound now).

Pissed at this phone, honestly.

I'm going to see if I can talk AT&T into letting me get a different phone, on the basis of this being a lemon.

Any suggestions?
28th March 2011, 03:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 174

1,819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexUs

So basically... I'm wondering what maybe some of the Captivate users are looking at getting.

I'm on my fourth Cappy. Now the speaker stopped working on it (Just the headphone jack works for sound now).

I'm going to see if I can talk AT&T into letting me get a different phone, on the basis of this being a lemon.

Any suggestions?

If I had to replace my phone right now the Inspire is the one I would get. It's really a nice phone and has a lot of developer support.
28th March 2011, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
I bought an inspire off-contract to replace my captivate... it's pretty nice. I would recommend it.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
28th March 2011, 04:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 83

907 posts
Donate to Me
My speaker stopped working twice and had a new one put in warranty. Third time it happened I just tapped on the speaker and it came back on and now I keep a lil peace of paper inside right below the speaker to keep a lil pressure on the connections. Been working great
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexUs

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
28th March 2011, 04:31 AM   |  #5  
Madison
Thanks Meter: 50

659 posts
More
Press the speaker usually works.
28th March 2011, 04:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

645 posts
More
I'm done with the Captivate, in other words. Too many issues with it.

Custom ROMs are the only reason I've hung on this long.
28th March 2011, 04:26 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

645 posts
More
Would you not consider the Atrix or (shudder), Jailbroken iPhone 4? The Inspire's battery is so small.

My main thing- is I think I'll sorely miss the Super AMOLED. The next phone with AMOLED is looking to be the Infuse, and who knows when that comes out.
28th March 2011, 07:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 167

1,785 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've tried replacing my captivate but imo there is nothing out that compares yet.
I started with an inspire but took it back 3 times due to poor screen. Then tried an atrix but mine was junk. I had it for 2 weeks which for half of that time it was in it's box on the fridge while I went back to my trusty old captivate.
I think no matter what I end up buying eventually I will still keep my captivate as a backup just in case.
If I were you I would try to get another one, I've had not a single issue with mine other than the gps crap. Get another captivate and wait for something better to come out than the crap that att is pushing now. The inspire is an old design and the atrix was released too soon in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
29th March 2011, 01:38 AM   |  #9  
Flag Jersey City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 188

1,026 posts
More
Its so sad that ATT doesnt have much options in smart phone section. Still the best android phones are inspire, atrix and captivate....

I own a captivate and i am very happy with it...but when atrix was launched i thought wow dual core will be so nice...my room mate got it...and i am so happy i didnt just jump on it....the first thing is screen...nothing can replace SAMOLED....other thing was I saw Atrix hanging, where as my custom rommed captivate was running smoothly...Atrix has that locked bootloader issues..
29th March 2011, 03:39 AM   |  #10  
Flag decatur
Thanks Meter: 1

393 posts
More
Sorry I'm on wrong forum but got a friend whose captivate wont turn on its dead not rooted.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread