Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Captivate Replacement... With What?

Tip us?

TexUs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Captivate Replacement... With What?

So basically... I'm wondering what maybe some of the Captivate users are looking at getting.

I'm on my fourth Cappy. Now the speaker stopped working on it (Just the headphone jack works for sound now).

Pissed at this phone, honestly.

I'm going to see if I can talk AT&T into letting me get a different phone, on the basis of this being a lemon.

Any suggestions?

jhernand1102
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexUs View Post
So basically... I'm wondering what maybe some of the Captivate users are looking at getting.

I'm on my fourth Cappy. Now the speaker stopped working on it (Just the headphone jack works for sound now).

I'm going to see if I can talk AT&T into letting me get a different phone, on the basis of this being a lemon.

Any suggestions?
If I had to replace my phone right now the Inspire is the one I would get. It's really a nice phone and has a lot of developer support.
T-Mobile
HTC One M8

ldd2142
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I bought an inspire off-contract to replace my captivate... it's pretty nice. I would recommend it.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

bulletproof1013
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
My speaker stopped working twice and had a new one put in warranty. Third time it happened I just tapped on the speaker and it came back on and now I keep a lil peace of paper inside right below the speaker to keep a lil pressure on the connections. Been working great
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexUs View Post

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
If I have helped you please hit the THANKS button

amtrakcn
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Press the speaker usually works.

TexUs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I'm done with the Captivate, in other words. Too many issues with it.

Custom ROMs are the only reason I've hung on this long.

TexUs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Would you not consider the Atrix or (shudder), Jailbroken iPhone 4? The Inspire's battery is so small.

My main thing- is I think I'll sorely miss the Super AMOLED. The next phone with AMOLED is looking to be the Infuse, and who knows when that comes out.

donharden2002
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
I've tried replacing my captivate but imo there is nothing out that compares yet.
I started with an inspire but took it back 3 times due to poor screen. Then tried an atrix but mine was junk. I had it for 2 weeks which for half of that time it was in it's box on the fridge while I went back to my trusty old captivate.
I think no matter what I end up buying eventually I will still keep my captivate as a backup just in case.
If I were you I would try to get another one, I've had not a single issue with mine other than the gps crap. Get another captivate and wait for something better to come out than the crap that att is pushing now. The inspire is an old design and the atrix was released too soon in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

viny2cool
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Its so sad that ATT doesnt have much options in smart phone section. Still the best android phones are inspire, atrix and captivate....

I own a captivate and i am very happy with it...but when atrix was launched i thought wow dual core will be so nice...my room mate got it...and i am so happy i didnt just jump on it....the first thing is screen...nothing can replace SAMOLED....other thing was I saw Atrix hanging, where as my custom rommed captivate was running smoothly...Atrix has that locked bootloader issues..
Nexus 5
ATT Samsung Galaxy S III (Backup phone)
HP Touchpad: CM10.1

zanywood
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry I'm on wrong forum but got a friend whose captivate wont turn on its dead not rooted.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App