Xoom One-Click Root/Unroot (3g and Wifi) Temporarily Unavailable

Tip us?

Steady Hawkin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phutchi View Post
I'm a noob to rooting. haven't done it since my htc wizard. how would i check in terminal?

ok search is my friend. i downloaded a terminal emulator from the market. i enter su and get su:Permision Denied

and I guess I should mention I am trying this on a WiFi only Xoom.
OK well your not rooted then. Unfortunately I won't be much help due to the fact I rooted via adb.

jwtyler
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Hey dude thanks for trying the tool. I am working on updating the tool and when I get the new version posted I will work with you on getting it to work. Thanks for your patience.
Jason W. Tyler
Husband, Father, Student, Professional Technical Instructor, Author of Google AppInventor for Android.
http://jwtyler.com/
Twitter: @jwtyler
App Inventor for Android: Build your own apps - no experience required!
My hang out at the Google Support Forum
The Following User Says Thank You to jwtyler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xguntherc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
For those that might be worried about this because jwtyler has 10 posts... check his sig out. He's been around for a long time and is the Author of App Inventor for Android. So don't worry, he'll take care of it.

I'm excited to try this easy root method out, then overclock my beastly Xoom to 1.5 Ghz
Too many phones to list.

Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 GPe, Nexus 7.. bla bla bla

paulnelson88
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Sweet switched out the Rom files and put in Tiamat Xoom 1.1.6 updated ones works awesome clocked at 1.5 stable with my new wifi only model! Thank You! So easy

droidrev71
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Thanks for time and effort!

ericizzy1
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulnelson88 View Post
Sweet switched out the Rom files and put in Tiamat Xoom 1.1.6 updated ones works awesome clocked at 1.5 stable with my new wifi only model! Thank You! So easy
a step by step would be wonderfull. thanks

paulnelson88
Old
(Last edited by paulnelson88; 28th March 2011 at 06:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
a step by step would be wonderfull. thanks
I'm just a local electrician but Ive been fascinated by all the work everyone does in here. So I learn things by experimenting I had a hard time with the SDK install and trying to Root my wifi only i just dont have the time to mess around for 4 hrs trying to figure it out but I got lucky with this One Click Root!

Download the updated Tiamat Xoom 1.1.6 BOTH MODELS WORK and unzip them. Then download the One Click Root flies unzip them. Now open the Tiamat 1.0 file in One Click then Delete the flies in there. Go to the 1.1.6 flies and copy them all not folders but files and images then paste. Close out thee program and repopen and install Tiamat follow the instructions. Thats all I did. Worked great ran 2 benchmarks clocked at 1.5 no FC at all!
The Following User Says Thank You to paulnelson88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jvs60
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Files have been removed from mediafire

jwtyler
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
I removed the files while I fixed an issue with HRI66 OTA breaking the root and soft bricking. The files are in the 3rd post now and Jbrew will update shortly.
Jason W. Tyler
Husband, Father, Student, Professional Technical Instructor, Author of Google AppInventor for Android.
http://jwtyler.com/
Twitter: @jwtyler
App Inventor for Android: Build your own apps - no experience required!
My hang out at the Google Support Forum
The Following User Says Thank You to jwtyler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbrew78
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
OP is updated with new download links.
HTC Sensation
Asus Transformer Prime
Asus Nexus 7

Follow me on Twitter.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe