Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,877 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xoom One-Click Root/Unroot (3g and Wifi) Temporarily Unavailable

Tip us?

opsahl
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Wifi Only rooted, XP PRO CAUTION

Wifi only, root done. I had to run it twice, the second time leave it unplugged for the steps that worked the first time.

I had trouble with losing command prompt window focus after step 5, so unknowingly some of my steps didn't run the first time.

XP PRO (and others maybe?) WORD OF CAUTION!!!! You may have to quickly "refocus" the command prompt windows that pop up AS SOON AS THE POP UP, so that the commands work. Recommend closing all other programs before running this as well.

Great work! Thanks!~

Tyler Opsahl

Branj812
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I downloaded the latest one click root file you put up with 1.3.1 but it wont open it says file is to big.

fsunoles157
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
huh? did you do it on your computer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branj812 View Post
I downloaded the latest one click root file you put up with 1.3.1 but it wont open it says file is to big.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

www.coreylees.com
Get your Cookies!

Branj812
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yeah. the link you put on the last page. it downloads but then if i try to open it to run the the one click root, it says this file is too big for aol. and it shows it as a RAR file in my computer. not an application

Saintfyre
Old
(Last edited by Saintfyre; 20th April 2011 at 12:35 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsunoles157 View Post
huh? did you do it on your computer?

This made me chuckle.

But I just wanted to post this because I was having serious issues using this tool, I had used it once but soft bricked my device, had to restore it back to HRI39, then upgraded OTA to HRI66. Then downloaded the most current tool and for the life of me could not get it to work.

Long story of frustration and tears short, I had to register a free account w/ MotoDev (motorolas developers portal) and download the Motorola 5.0 drivers to get SDK and this tool to recognize my device.

I'm a rooted happy camper once again. Love this tool, thank you!

EDIT: As a side note a lot of issues I was experiencing also is i'm using Windows 7 64bit. And , now I know, you should right click whatever it you're running and select 'Run as Administrator'. That cleared up a lot of heartache.
Rooted T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 Wicked V10
Rooted T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T Wicked V1
Rooted VZW 4G Motorola Xoom - OmniRom Wingray 4.4.2
Logitech Revue w/ Camera - Google TV 2.0 Honeycomb
Pebble Smart Watch

If I helped in anyway please feel free to send a Thanks my way, it's appreciated.

fsunoles157
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
haha i even put in there make sure you have the motorola drivers! weird i didnt have to creat an account to get the drivers motorola.com? so the version i just put up there worked for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintfyre View Post
This made me chuckle.

But I just wanted to post this because I was having serious issues using this tool, I had used it once but soft bricked my device, had to restore it back to HRI39, then upgraded OTA to HRI66. Then downloaded the most current tool and for the life of me could not get it to work.

Long story of frustration and tears short, I had to register a free account w/ MotoDev (motorolas developers portal) and download the Motorola 5.0 drivers to get SDK and this tool to recognize my device.

I'm a rooted happy camper once again. Love this tool, thank you!

EDIT: As a side note a lot of issues I was experiencing also is i'm using Windows 7 64bit. And , now I know, you should right click whatever it you're running and select 'Run as Administrator'. That cleared up a lot of heartache.

www.coreylees.com
Get your Cookies!

fsunoles157
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
yes you have to unzip the file in windows and run the .exe file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branj812 View Post
yeah. the link you put on the last page. it downloads but then if i try to open it to run the the one click root, it says this file is too big for aol. and it shows it as a RAR file in my computer. not an application

www.coreylees.com
Get your Cookies!

mutiny
Old
Thanks Meter 84
I just rooted my Xoom since I posted last so I didn't get to read all the new posts. I also used the No unroot package (2nd link) in the OP. I had two Xooms coming in the mail and one came in today (yay!)

Anyway, I see the SuperUser app and everything went great. No errors. The only thing I don't understand is why it doesn't pick up my 32gb microSD card inserted. Any ideas?

fsunoles157
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
you need the kernel read the kernel forum motorola doesnt support stock sdcard yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutiny View Post
I just rooted my Xoom since I posted last so I didn't get to read all the new posts. I also used the No unroot package (2nd link) in the OP. I had two Xooms coming in the mail and one came in today (yay!)

Anyway, I see the SuperUser app and everything went great. No errors. The only thing I don't understand is why it doesn't pick up my 32gb microSD card inserted. Any ideas?

www.coreylees.com
Get your Cookies!
The Following User Says Thank You to fsunoles157 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mutiny
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsunoles157 View Post
you need the kernel read the kernel forum motorola doesnt support stock sdcard yet

Thanks for constantly walking me through. Your help is much appreciated. My hacking is rusty to say the least (last was a PSP and a G1). Lol.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe