Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xoom One-Click Root/Unroot (3g and Wifi) Temporarily Unavailable

Tip us?

jbrew78
Old
(Last edited by jbrew78; 5th July 2011 at 11:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Default Xoom One-Click Root/Unroot (3g and Wifi) Temporarily Unavailable

MOD Edit: This may not be compatible with UK models and may result in a brick. Proceed with caution!
Once this issue has been resolved, PM me (willverduzco) and I will remove this warning.

I am posting this for jwtyler. All questions, comments, and thanks should be directed to him.

UPDATE: This tool is temporarily unavailable. It will be back as soon as jwtyler has time to incorporate a warning about the EU issues and apply a few fixes.

Xoom One Click by Jason Tyler

This is one of my first contributions to the community although I have read and used XDA for years.

If you want to know if you can trust me or my tools check out my upcoming Android App Inventor book on Amazon from John Wiley and Sons.

You can also check my heavy involvement over at the Google App Inventor support forums where I am a community liaison and PowerUser. Hal Abelson will vouch for me. (Heh Heh, Hal will kill me. )

This is an all in one package for Unlock, Root and UnRoot and ReLock of the Xoom MZ600.

It is a GUI front end for the adb commands that are needed.

To use this tool:

1. You MUST have your tablet in Debug mode.

2. You DO NOT have to download the SDK or any images.

3. YOU MUST ACCEPT ALL THE USUAL RISK.

Like ALL rooting there is a risk of bricking your device. Itís a small risk but a risk you need to be aware of.

You WILL void your warranty using this tool.

This tool is easy. I have rooted unrooted and rerooted my Xoom umpteen times today testing it.

NOTE:

The WIFI version tools will only work for unlocking and rooting. I do not have the images for the back to stock on the Wifi.

There are two versions of this tool:

1. Root AND Unroot and back to stock. This one is large because of the stock system.img clocking in at 200+mb

2. The NO UNROOT version. This is lots smaller. It is only about 19mb. You can NOT UNROOT with this tool. (Well, you can unroot but not relock. )

Instructions:
1. Unzip the tool and all of the folders and files into a directory. Preferably a folder on a root drive. (i.e. c:\xoom )

2. Run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions. Read the prompts carefully.

WARNING: WIFI Root is untested as I do not have a Wifi. Let me know how it works. Same process as 3G I just cant test it.

Download Links:

Temporarily Unavailable
HTC Sensation
Asus Transformer Prime
Asus Nexus 7

Follow me on Twitter.
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to jbrew78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

js042507
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Excellent! Thanks!

1st. He he

Xoom Xoom Baby! ...Sent from XDA Premium App

jwtyler
Old
(Last edited by jwtyler; 1st May 2011 at 06:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
One day warning.

I will be taking this utility down until it encompasses the newest fixes and adequately warns about the EU issue.

I would have taken this down sooner except I was taking a disconnected writing /teaching break and didnt see the issues.
Jason W. Tyler
Husband, Father, Student, Professional Technical Instructor, Author of Google AppInventor for Android.
http://jwtyler.com/
Twitter: @jwtyler
App Inventor for Android: Build your own apps - no experience required!
My hang out at the Google Support Forum
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to jwtyler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mywingtophone
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Awesome! Thanks!
Galaxy note 10.1 2014 32gb black
Galaxy note 3
Galaxy gear watch
Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE
Google Nexus 7 2nd Edition
Ipad air 64gb LTE
Ipad Mini Retina
Iphone 5s

yankele
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Nice! Too bad I rooted before this came up but its nice to see more things available for our xooms!

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC EVO using the XDA app.

paulnelson88
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Works great on the wifi model! How do you flash the custom rom? tried to said looking for device but wouldn't go any further.

Gwartan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Not sure it worked.

I followed all the steps but i do not see Super User in the app drawer. Should i re-do the steps?
Some Days It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Restraints!
Galaxy S3 - Stock. Work won't let me play with my toys...

Steady Hawkin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phutchi View Post
I followed all the steps but i do not see Super User in the app drawer. Should i re-do the steps?
Have you tested in terminal?

Gwartan
Old
(Last edited by Gwartan; 28th March 2011 at 03:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
I'm a noob to rooting. haven't done it since my htc wizard. how would i check in terminal?

ok search is my friend. i downloaded a terminal emulator from the market. i enter su and get su:Permision Denied

and I guess I should mention I am trying this on a WiFi only Xoom.
Some Days It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Restraints!
Galaxy S3 - Stock. Work won't let me play with my toys...

xguntherc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks Jason for making this. I'll wait for you to add in the HRI66 update first. Gotta have that flash 10.2

One question, does this wipe the device when used? I'd like to root without loosing all my data and game saves. Is this possible yet for this?
Too many phones to list.

Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 GPe, Nexus 7.. bla bla bla

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe