How to restore your DS7
This may void your warranty, cost you your soul, and cause your spouse to leave you - ALL OF WHICH I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR!
So, if it's because you screwed up flashing something, bricked your tablet with an OTA update after you installed CWM, or whatever, this is how you get it back to its outta-da-box shape!
(Please note, this assumes you have both installed CWM on your DS7 AND have installed the latest SDK on your computer).
1. Download the three attached .img files
2. Boot into CWM (since there really isn't anything else you can do)
3. In CWM, mount your SD card (so that you can view files via USB)
4. Plug in your DS7 to your computer, and copy the three .img files to the root of your SD card
5. Unmount your SD card, but leave the USB cable plugged into computer
6. Mount as many things as you can (ie system, boot, etc)
7. Open up command prompt, and navigate to your Android/tools folder, and type "adb devices"
8. There should be a number that shows up, or a "?" - either at this point is fine
9. Type the following command:
a hash tag should show up that looks like this:
10. Now, type the follow two commands one at a time:
flash_image /dev/block/mmcblk3p2 /sdcard/boot_orig.img
flash_image /dev/block/mmcblk3p1 /sdcard/recovery_orig.img
11. now, select "reboot" from DWM to reboot your device. It should boot and say something like "Formating Misc", and then it will reboot repeatedly
12. Use something small to push the RESET button on the DS7 (it's next to the SD card slot)
Your screen should go blank
13. Now, press and hold both the POWER button and the VOLUME - button until the screen comes on saying that the "fastboot downloader" is booted
14. Copy the three .img files into the your Android/tools folder
15. Now type the following code:
16. There should be a number that shows up, or a "?" - either at this point is fine once again
17. Now type the following commands one at a time. The first will take a while to complete - this is okay:
fastboot flash system system_orig.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery_orig.img
fastboot flash boot boot_orig.img
Now, if after every command a "finished." is given, along with the total time each command took, you may continue.
18. You may now type the triumphant command:
Which will reboot your device.
Give it a little bit to boot, but when all is done you should see the original T-Mobile boot animation and everything.
Special thanks to DJ_Steve
, and firstname.lastname@example.org
for all your help!
For those users who need the original "flash_image.zip" file, I have uploaded it and it is available here
PS: As an added note: **** you Koush! From all of the DS7 community!