Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 41,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MIUI Q&A

Tip us?

23rdstreet
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-eock View Post
Its illegal to record calls in most places so kernel devs don't build that feature in...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Thanks, b-eock. Though there have been a couple of 2.2 roms that have had the call-recording functionality and the apps like Call Recorder are from the market for mass use...

In the end its not a big deal. But, you are saying it would be a kernel issue?

Thanks for the help!

langley88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm having problems with the latest release. the phone turn off automatically after a minute the screen is off. Do you know any fix for this?
...To many people buy things they don't need with money they don't have trying to impress people they don't even like...

hien712
Old
(Last edited by hien712; 7th August 2012 at 04:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
i juz updated to MIUI 2.8.3 from 2.7.27 and cannot connect to wifi, always authentication problem. It worked fine in 2.7.27. Somebody help me plz
okay i solved it
another problem from 2.7.27: when i compose new message horizontally and then push Home, the main home screen also rotate to horizontal form which cannot be rotated normally (i guess), and then when I push Power button to lock the phone, it cannot be unlocked, because the screen is still horizontal. Any help would be much appriciated

bradddo
Old
Thanks Meter 18
i installed miui v4 ics from semaphore for an i9000 on my captivate out of desperation and just being antsy to get a rom going. 3e recovery was an issue but using speedmod and then just flashing away its all good. I dont know if i did it right necessarily but i am having no issues and the cappy is quick and smooth. should i expect any issues to come?

gramme66
Old
(Last edited by gramme66; 18th August 2012 at 08:14 PM.) Reason: No longer need this answered...have another version
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Question problems with video and other things..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
Q&A for the MIUI rom
I installed MIUI 2.7.6 on 8.15.12. I was running GB 2.3.5 on an AT&T captivate.

My about phone screen reads:

Miui
Model Number SGH-1897
Android version 4.04
CPU: 1.0GHz
BASEBAND
I9000UGKC1
KERNEL VERSION
3.0.8-G87787785
CYANOGENMOD#1
BUILD NUMBER MIUI-2.7.6 IMM76L

I am having problems playing videos that are recorded. Mine play for a couple of seconds then it pops up sorry this video can not play.

Everything under Launcher settings does NOT work.
I have been looking for a guide of some kind for both miui and ICS 4.0.4. Everything I read is for ICS 4.0 and the MIUI forum does not have a guide of any kind that I could find.

Can anyone here help?
Thanks...

I put on Miui 2.2.10 cloud v3.2 AWESOME no problems..video works..phone speaker works..just smooth, fast, setting galore...LOVE IT...will donate to this dev for sure...
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II
Android V/ 4.4.2
Baseband 1317UCUCNE5
3.0.31-1728680
dpi@SWD6020 #1
Build Number KOT49H.1317UCUCNE5
==========================================
Nexus 7 Tablet
Android version 4.4.2

==========================================
Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox.
Get Dropbox right here:

jmtheiss
Old
Thanks Meter 774
Miui has some issues with videos (at least the Gingerbread version did). I would suggest grabbing an app from the market (I've used MPlayer in the past and had success).

bradddo
Old
(Last edited by bradddo; 31st August 2012 at 12:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Miui related. For black android theme which dl is for me. I have miui 2.8.3 on my cappy but its for an i9000. Should I use the ics version? Or the i9000 version. also why does the i9000 dl seem so shady, no direct dl Like the other versions.

Edit. Ics dl keeps failing.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

michaelsup2003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default small doubt

Hi there, i'm using MIUI 2.8.24 with devil 1.2.1... So far i've really loved it but i have one doubt, in the other roms that i've used i've always used the galaxy s settings app to be able to use the tv-out function. Is the only thing that i really miss in this rom and i really need it right now. So is there any way to import the "galaxy s setings app" to MIUI?

pruth93
Old
Thanks Meter 2
MIUI android says rom is now discontinued...
Still are some awesome devs porting them:good:

I tried Arisenhavok91's Sky rom... awesome port..but theme manager doesnt work
Im using King Soft's 2.10.26....

wind98
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question uninstalling superbean

Hi,
I recently installed miui superbean (miui 2.9.21) using cwm recovery. After a few days, I miss some features of other JB roms . However, when I try installing any other rom, I get an error (cannot run /tmp/updater.sh). I am not even able to restore a nandroid backup as I recieve another error (cannot format /data). The only rom I can successfully install is Superbean. Does anyone have a solution?