XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

main problems on androids.

Tip us?

DeHuMaNiZeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1702
Default main problems on androids.

I've been testing androids lately,and I've spotted some things that really aren't good for further developing.
that things are:
1.charger connecting.it would be great if the phone could charge when android is booted.

2.battery draining.
you boot the android,and you can't charge him,bla bla...anyway,its the second main problem.

3.keyboard.its not such a big problem,just good to mention.

ok,im sure that developers will work it out.its ok,cuz xperia x1 android is still work in progress.we should all say a big THANK YOU to developers!

cheers,joe

bruno_123
Old
Thanks Meter 28
patience my friend
vrijeme će ti odgovoriti xD

Medulla_Oblongata
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Call me a pessimist but I don't think there will ever be a stable, fully working build (charging, keyboard, wifi, bluetooth, camera, bug free). Sure we can use Android on the X1 but it never is going to be a permanent WM6 replacement due to problems.

Sent from my XPERIA X1 using XDA App

DeHuMaNiZeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1702
Well,I'm not shure either...I believe in it...because I think that neopeek will find the way...we should let him to do it in peace...I believe in him.

Sent from my CM6.1 Modded by NeeDo using Tapatalk
DEVICE HISTORY:Xperia X1-->Xperia x8-->Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo-->Samsug Galaxy Nexus(destroyed,crashed and sacrificed to lord satan :'( )--->Xperia x8 (black this time)---->Samsung Galaxy s3 Mini (Finally!!!!!

n00b3r
Old
(Last edited by n00b3r; 4th April 2011 at 07:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
It's mostly up to the kernel developers to fix the charging issues. sp3dev stated somewhere that in his 2.6.35 branch, he has fixed up the battery drivers to be less "hackish". If YGGE/duckly could somehow backport it back to the 2.6.29 kernel, then charging should work better.

Medulla_Oblongata
Old
Thanks Meter 1
In all fairness and respect to the kernel devs and those who work on Android for X1 but they all work on different things. Instead of combining their knowledge and efforts to release a fully stable/functional, they work on different releases (newest android versions). But who what difference does it make if your android has 2.2 or 2.3.

What i'm trying to say is: the devs need to pick one version that is best suitable for the X1 and try to get it 100 percent working.

That is my point of view anyway.

Sent from my XPERIA X1 using XDA App

dkn00b
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Well said my friend.. I agree on this aswell..

Seeing that same android build reacts differently on all X1 models, what the devs need to do is take only one android build and work on it till the major issue are sorted out.

With android the problem is that a new version comes out every couple of months and it is annoying trying to keep up with soo many changes.. People should really slow down on the new versions and perfect the one which is already out..

DeHuMaNiZeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1702
Yeah,thats really true...if developers join their powers,we would have daily use rom in no time...but no,they just develop new versions,2.2 and 2.3...and they could easly improove cyanogenmod version to work 100%.if they would do that,then nand boot would completely evolve,cuz everyone would focus just on that,they wouldnt have to think about rom developing.AND WE WOULD HAVE ANDROID PERAMENTLY INSTALLED ON OUR XPERIA X1!

And isnt that true?

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk
DEVICE HISTORY:Xperia X1-->Xperia x8-->Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo-->Samsug Galaxy Nexus(destroyed,crashed and sacrificed to lord satan :'( )--->Xperia x8 (black this time)---->Samsung Galaxy s3 Mini (Finally!!!!!

dkn00b
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Just a thought.. even if all the devs do work on one rom,seeing that they live away from each other I'm not too sure if it would be that efficient..
I really should get myself in to rom development in the long run

Sent from my CyanogenMod 6.1 using XDA Premium App