Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 36,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocking the boot loader in the new Xperia™ smartphones

Tip us?

Rubin85
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos View Post
All phones will have a locked bootloader by default. Unbranded and simlock-free phones will be unlockable through some tool Sony Ericsson will release (probably).
You can check if your device is unlockable by connecting it to fastboot. If fastboot recognizes your phone, you will be able to unlock it when Sony Ericsson releases its tool.
sorry for dump question but how to connect my phone to fastboot ? :/
The Following User Says Thank You to Rubin85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mogstabaguette
Old
(Last edited by mogstabaguette; 5th April 2011 at 08:03 PM.) Reason: -.-
Thanks Meter 4
1. download fastboot.zip (www_._share_._cx/files/216783534118/Fastboot.zip.html)
2. unzip fastboot.zip
3. power off phone
4. press and keep pressed menu key and plug in usb cable, notification led should be blue now
5. open cmd.exe
6. cd to the directory where fastboot.exe has been unzipped to
7. type "fastboot devices" and hit return
8. watch what happens

if you see something alphanumeric (see attachment) plus "fastboot" then you're lucky, your bootloader can be unlocked.

if nothing happened, try installing PdaNet (www_._junefabrics_._com/android/download.php) and retry. its installer comes with the needed driver files.
still nothing happened, your bootloader cannot been unlocked the official semc method

for me it worked, connection to fastboot was successful

(sorry about the "_" in the urls, i'be been only a xda-reader all the time, that's my first post, no urls allowed -.-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage01.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	561431  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mogstabaguette For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rubin85
Old
Thanks Meter 7
locked cause nothing show up :/

AdamUpNorth
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightflush View Post
hopefully it will be possible at some point to make the phone think it is the same as the unlocked ones... I will keep checking, because since I'm using a f'in htc magic right now. My phone is great, running cyanogen and everything, but still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too old, I kinda need one, but want something I can have fun with...
Although I wonder how much it's going to matter not that it's got a pretty decent rom on it (i.e. almost stock).

If we can root it (which I'm sure will be possible eventually) like the X10 could be then you can get rid of the lame SE/Rogers apps I think you're laughing.

It was a huge deal on the X10 because it was stock on v2.1 and it was so bloated with SE crap that it crawled. Now with near stock rom, does it matter?

Rubin85
Old
Thanks Meter 7
im getting error "is not recognized as to the inner or external, operable program or batch file" btw

Rubin85
Old
Thanks Meter 7
ahh wrong letter and no results

now im IN, lets have a look and tell me if is unlocked or not
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcsvfbgd.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	561542  

vegetaleb
Old
Thanks Meter 833
It can be unlocked by SE later (in 8 months?)

Meister_Li
Old
Thanks Meter 37
It's apparently coming in "the coming weeks". It btw also worked on my Xperia Play, altho I had to hold down the "search" key here.

Regii
Old
Thanks Meter 4
And the unlocked bootloader means that also overclocking may become available? Seeing as this is a newer snapdragon ... might be nice to check out.. or do you need the kernel sources for that apart from the bootloader for rooting?

Sent from my Kyrillos Galaxy 3(.0)
3311.6230.k800i.E71.5230.6303.GT-i5800

Xperia Arc ♥

Meister_Li
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Yeah, before we could overclock the device, we'd need the kernel sources. But I'm pretty sure they'll be released soon as well and we can get started. ^^