Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which ROM do you use?
Stock ROM (with add-ons) 22 13.33%
MoDaCo ROM 44 26.67%
CyanogenMod 27 16.36%
Corvus 62 37.58%
Fuji-Vega 10 6.06%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

The Battle of the ROMs

OP Logseman

29th March 2011, 08:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 639

2,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
With the surge of some ROMs for our devices, and though they're related between each other to a certain degree (save for CM7), the inevitable question surges: which one has the upper hand? The stock ROM is vastly improved since 1.06 and Ganjaman's add-ons make it more mature, the MoDaCo ROM has the advantage of having been the first modded ROM, CyanogenMod7, thanks to Apache14's work, has made a stellar appearance and we actually get the official updates (such as the ones that mad-murdock presented us yesterday), Corvus has been updating his new ROM quite rapidly and it works nicely, like Fuji-Vega does... We're lucky that we're not in want of possible choices! But which is yours?
29th March 2011, 08:38 PM   |  #2  
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 5,190

18,705 posts
More
Thread moved to General.
29th March 2011, 08:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag bratislava
Thanks Meter: 5

60 posts
More
For me corvus. It's so quick and stable, and is the only one, where's my usb 3g huawei running. Did I told you, that it's really fast? :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App
7th April 2011, 02:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
I agree totally, corvus is so quick. I can't wait until it can be combined with mad murdoch's HC tweaks, the vega will be Ninja then!
8th April 2011, 08:20 PM   |  #5  

23 posts
More
support
@logseman
great idea for a thread. I'm considering starting a thread on a similar line, thought id check in and avoid toe treading and see if there is a need for it.
As a newb to vega android modding, its great that there is such a wealth of info and advice, but sometimes its not clear or comprehensive (at least in one place! )

I'd like to run a "what vega setup is best for me" thread. The aim being to allow users to show exactly what setup they are running, how it performs, pro's and cons, bugs etc.

By using a standard template, we can see what works and why. We can make direct comparisons between setups without searching through threads for hours.
Users can then copy setups and try if they think they like it. Might also provide devs useful concise feedback to help them progress roms / kernels etc.

If it already exists, feel free to point me in the right direction whilst mocking my newbe stupidity, but ive read and re read the main threads and can't see it.

If you're reading this and think it would be useful, let me know, with suggestions and i'll get the ball rolling.

I.A.O.

Edit: if you want to help or collaborate, pm me.
Last edited by purkybum; 8th April 2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: edit
9th April 2011, 08:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 639

2,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm not sure how setting up a "standard configuration" would be of benefit. Primarily because of two issues: first, the same custom ROM can have dramatic performance differences between one device and the other (I am a ROM tester for Galaxy S, people claim battery lives of 4 days which I've never heard about); and second, the point of Android is that it actually doesn't force any standardisation as of now: I don't see why users would tend to a certain set up which has been done by another person instead of experimenting themselves.

Don't take me wrong, I appreciate that you take interest in this thread, but I fail to see the point of your suggestion. Android has no predefined "set-ups" as far as I know.
10th April 2011, 12:18 PM   |  #7  

23 posts
More
Yeah, i get your point. For me too its all about modding and tweaking. But i also got the impression that some people just want to get there device configured in a way that works for them quickly.
Im certainly Not saying lets all set up the same, if we wanted that we'd just bite the apple right!
I just think it would be useful to see at a glance what is working for people. I.e - "i need a rom with no lag on my vega - ah looks like cm7 ttrc2 has lag issues", without having to read 178 pages to find out.
I guess it would be more like an "at a glance" guide to roms for each device.
16th April 2011, 09:57 PM   |  #8  
Flag Fagersta
Thanks Meter: 40

120 posts
More
I used Modaco since i got my Mobii/Vega, but yesterday i flashed clockwork recovery and started using Titanium backup for real, so now i am testing some ROMs and sofar i like fuji-vega the most, fast and smooth, only some lag in appmenu when i have the device rooted.
20th April 2011, 12:41 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 5

61 posts
More
I spent a long time using mcr8 eventually with buzz kernel but I then got bored and tried cm7 which I loved but just could not stand all the lag when scrolling etc.
I am now using corvus which seems to work well for me. I hope to switch back to cm7 when it improves a bit.
20th April 2011, 10:43 PM   |  #10  

14 posts
I love CM7 on my phone and would love it on the Vega, but the wifi troubles it has at this moment on the Vega made me switch to first Modaco and than Corvus. The only bad thing I can say about Corvus is that I personally would prefer Gingerbread green icons aboive the blue ones in Corvus

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread