Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen protector

Tip us?

george232
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Screen protector

Anyone spotted a good screen protector for the Arc? I used a Brando in the past and was very happy with it, but I can't find the Arc on their homepage yet.

DaddyDan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've just ordered one from e-bay ;)

george232
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Hey, I just read that there might be a screen protector installed out of the box!

vengence_angels
Old
Thanks Meter 6
yes that is true..

once u remove the top film..
look carefully..
factory fitted screen protector is on the screen..

also there is an extra protector amongst the warranty card and papers

Inferis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, mine had already a screen protector installed. An theres an extra in the box.
And there was a really leathercase.

trishul
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i got mine two days ago with a screen protector in the box but i looked real carefully and didnt seem to see one pre fitted on the screen. Maybe i looked wrong

I also got an HDMI cable and leather case in the box.
can someone please tell me that maybe there are some countries where the screen protector is not pre fitted ? is that possible ? or have i not looked hard enough ?

george232
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
There can be regional differences of course (some parts of Europe get a 16GB SDHC and a leather case...), but supposedly the protector is extremely hard to see. It was the same with the X10, and most people didn't even realize there was a protector installed and put another one right over it.

ssindi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just noticed it had a protector already installed. I installed the one that came in the box, so I now have to protectors on the screen lol.

Clarivue recently released protectors for the Arc. Cant post a link cuz I'm new here!

I like their anti glare protectors, because fingerprint marks are not as visible - which is very important for me for a touch screen device.

Although they are a little more expensive, you get two in a pack. You can use coupon clear630 and get 10% off. If your ordering 3 or more items you get another 10% off.

I got my Arc 3 days after it came out in Dubai, checked clarivue that day they didn't have them for the Arc, so I ordered anti-glare protectors from eBay. I checked clarivue again yesterday and they had them.

kiz1983
Old
Thanks Meter 22
lol i also didnt notice thrs a preinstalled sp on the screen thus applied the extra sp.. now i have double protection!!! lol...

ChefChaudart
Old
Thanks Meter 74
+1

At the factory, they pose it without any imperfection
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo
Do not forget Troy DAVIS, Yokamon Hearn