Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you own a Peeble smartwatch?
Yes, I already own it! 6 8.33%
No, but I'm planning to buy one. 15 20.83%
No, and I'm not interested. 51 70.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

[Android 2.2+] MissedIt! -Text-based notifications for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Tip us?

Fredde88
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by igece View Post
I sent you an email when I received your log report.

Try to disable Missed It! as Accessibility Service and then reenabling it again. Sometimes this works.

Do you have any other application enabled under Accessibility Settings?
oh my appologise! My gmail is ****ed up and i saw it now.

I´ve tried that and it didn´t work =(
No just missed it thats there. Any thing else you saw that could solve the problem? so strange and sad.

igece
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Hi all,

If anybody got it's Galaxy S II updated to ICS and is getting FC with Missed It!, please use the 'Report problem' option or, if you can't even enter the app configuration and you know how to do it, generate a logcat and send it to me.

Thanks.

igece
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
(Also, if you had your Galaxy S2 updated to ICS and Missed It! is still working OK, please let me know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by igece View Post
Hi all,

If anybody got it's Galaxy S II updated to ICS and is getting FC with Missed It!, please use the 'Report problem' option or, if you can't even enter the app configuration and you know how to do it, generate a logcat and send it to me.

Thanks.

evanovici
Old
Thanks Meter 27
how do you remove the notification bar entry? open application preferences?

Thanks in advance

devinrajaram
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot for this

Tirozz
Old
Thanks Meter 20
On my HTC Sensation with ICS the Gmail notifications now shows '3 mails' when I have a reply on a mail which already had 2 replies. So it seems to also take into account the mails that were already 'read' but are in the conversation. It looks like this problem was also reported on a previous page, but I was not completely sure it was the exact same issue

igece
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Are you using a modified version of Gmail, or are you monitoring it as an app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirozz View Post
On my HTC Sensation with ICS the Gmail notifications now shows '3 mails' when I have a reply on a mail which already had 2 replies. So it seems to also take into account the mails that were already 'read' but are in the conversation. It looks like this problem was also reported on a previous page, but I was not completely sure it was the exact same issue

Tirozz
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Monitoring as an app

igece
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
For all of you using a "fixed" version of Gmail, so Missed It! can monitor new messages more accurately:

I have changed the way the application monitor Gmail messages. Next version will not need to access to the Gmail database anymore to be able to monitor it in a per-account basis, so the "fixed" Gmail version will not be necessary at all.

However, the meaning of these notifications will change slighty. Until now, this number represented the number of "unread" emails. Starting from next release, this number should be treated as "new emails", in the same way as if you were monitoring Gmail as any other regular app.

igece
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
I think that the change mentioned in previous post should solve your issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirozz View Post

Tags
calls, mail, notifications, sms, widget