Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Freedom Pro Keyboard success

Tip us?

scramer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Freedom Pro Keyboard success

I have a Freedom Pro Keyboard (bluetooth) that I use with my HTC EVO, and is small and compact for travel. I thought I would try to use it with the wifi Xoom - success! Now I have one small travel keyboard for two items.

Sorry for the crappy picture. What I am using for the "stand" is a $3 metal business card holder that I bought from Staples when I bought the Xoom.

You can get more information on the keyboard (and see better pictures) on Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prokeyboard.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	556569  

gbmitchell
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramer View Post
I have a Freedom Pro Keyboard (bluetooth) that I use with my HTC EVO, and is small and compact for travel. I thought I would try to use it with the wifi Xoom - success! Now I have one small travel keyboard for two items.

Sorry for the crappy picture. What I am using for the "stand" is a $3 metal business card holder that I bought from Staples when I bought the Xoom.

You can get more information on the keyboard (and see better pictures) on Amazon.
Looks cool but a little to steep for me. I will stick with an apple bluetooth kb.
If you find anything I say insightful, it is a fluke. follow me on twitter @blakemitchell to increase the chance of said flukes again.

scramer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmitchell View Post
Looks cool but a little to steep for me. I will stick with an apple bluetooth kb.
yea it was a little pricey but i do a lot of document preparation and bought it to fit in my purse for travel. Easier to type docs on this keyboard than on the phone keyboard. lol

SnakeManJayd
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Looks awesome.

Could you give us a bit of a review on it?

Do the programmable keys work with Xoom?
What is the keyboard like?
Keys get stuck at all? Does it feel like a normal keyboard?
Does the Xoom fit on the stand that it comes with?

You may have just saved me from buying the official moto keyboard, which I wasn't really keen on in the first place.

Great find.

Thanks

SnakeManJayd
Old
(Last edited by SnakeManJayd; 31st March 2011 at 09:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Sorry, it said the first post failed, so I posted again