Thread Closed

[SCRIPT] GladRoot v4.3 (Bell 0.37.4, AT&T 1.26/1.52/1.57/1.83 Supported)

23rd July 2011, 04:36 AM   |  #751  
Flag Granite City
Thanks Meter: 3

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticdrew

rom manager shouldn't be involved at all with this process... so yea no CWM from rom manager

ok, now after everything is all done, exactly the way the tutorial says and i updated to 1.57 as instructed, if i goto system updates again, the att update to 1.83 is there. Is it safe to update to that, or will i lose root and have to do it all over again? im sorry for my n00bness, but i swear i catch on fast!
23rd July 2011, 05:08 AM   |  #752  
Thanks Meter: 46

342 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalofr33k

ok, now after everything is all done, exactly the way the tutorial says and i updated to 1.57 as instructed, if i goto system updates again, the att update to 1.83 is there. Is it safe to update to that, or will i lose root and have to do it all over again? im sorry for my n00bness, but i swear i catch on fast!

Not entirely sure. But you should be fine either way. Update to 1.83 and run the afterupdate.
If it you lost root, then I'd say just use ginger break.
24th July 2011, 07:03 PM   |  #753  
Thanks Meter: 0

48 posts
Is this going to eventually support the latest OTA update? I don't want to do the update unless I'm sure I can re-root as I usually just OTA and run after-root after all the updates.
25th July 2011, 04:44 PM   |  #754  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
I too am interested if after-root will still work. Just got the notification that the new build is available for download, but I have too many Root programs to do actual update before I am sure that I can re-root. anybody know if this works?
25th July 2011, 04:50 PM   |  #755  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Grayslake
Thanks Meter: 398

777 posts
Donate to Me
More
In theory, this method should work. I have not tested it as there are other cleaner, more reliable root methods available. I will still provide support for the older versions through PM if anyone needs, but I'm closing this thread as I don't plan to test or update it for support with 4.5.91.

Thank you for all your support. If I helped you or you used my scripts, consider hitting the donate button. Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ririal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread