Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPT] GladRoot v4.3 (Bell 0.37.4, AT&T 1.26/1.52/1.57/1.83 Supported)

Tip us?

juggalofr33k
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticdrew View Post
rom manager shouldn't be involved at all with this process... so yea no CWM from rom manager

ok, now after everything is all done, exactly the way the tutorial says and i updated to 1.57 as instructed, if i goto system updates again, the att update to 1.83 is there. Is it safe to update to that, or will i lose root and have to do it all over again? im sorry for my n00bness, but i swear i catch on fast!

mysticdrew
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalofr33k View Post
ok, now after everything is all done, exactly the way the tutorial says and i updated to 1.57 as instructed, if i goto system updates again, the att update to 1.83 is there. Is it safe to update to that, or will i lose root and have to do it all over again? im sorry for my n00bness, but i swear i catch on fast!
Not entirely sure. But you should be fine either way. Update to 1.83 and run the afterupdate.
If it you lost root, then I'd say just use ginger break.

PSY0NIC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is this going to eventually support the latest OTA update? I don't want to do the update unless I'm sure I can re-root as I usually just OTA and run after-root after all the updates.
ATT Atrix 4G - 4.5.91 - Android Version: 2.3.4 - Rooted
Nook Color - 1.3.0 Rooted
Toshiba Thrive T1016 - Stock

sdkessman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I too am interested if after-root will still work. Just got the notification that the new build is available for download, but I have too many Root programs to do actual update before I am sure that I can re-root. anybody know if this works?

Ririal
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 398

DONATE TO ME
In theory, this method should work. I have not tested it as there are other cleaner, more reliable root methods available. I will still provide support for the older versions through PM if anyone needs, but I'm closing this thread as I don't plan to test or update it for support with 4.5.91.

Thank you for all your support. If I helped you or you used my scripts, consider hitting the donate button. Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ririal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe